Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demar Dorsey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Demar Dorsey?

    What happened to him? At the Game in St. Pete he was pretty much a lock for Florida? But he signed with Michigan....pretty strange.

    Thanks BoneKrusher
    IN SHAD WE TRUST

  • #2
    His cousin is Denard Robinson whose going to Michigan. Recruited him pretty hard.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
      What happened to him? At the Game in St. Pete he was pretty much a lock for Florida? But he signed with Michigan....pretty strange.
      After Charlie Strong and Vance Bedford left Florida Dorsey started looking around. Rumor has it that Florida pulled his scholarship but Demar denies it saying that they were recruiting him up until signing day. Either way, it seems like he wasn't happy that his defensive coordinator and main recruiter left. He visited U-M and loved it. Like BC said, Denard Robinson did a great job recruiting him to Michigan.

      Comment


      • #4
        False.

        Look at his arrests. UF stopped recruiting him because of them. Wish him the best at UMich. Kid is a definate baller.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
          False.

          Look at his arrests. UF stopped recruiting him because of them.
          That makes no ******* sense. The kid committed to Florida after his arrests, was with Florida for over a year, and all of a sudden they dropped him? Right, I'm sure Meyer accepted a verbal from a kid without knowing that he had been accused of two felonies. Sure, that makes a lot of sense.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
            False.

            Look at his arrests. UF stopped recruiting him because of them. Wish him the best at UMich. Kid is a definate baller.
            Well until I am provided with proof that Florida stopped recruiting him, I am going to believe someone directly involved in the situation (Dorsey) before I believe someone who posts on an internet message board that in all likelihood has no first hand knowledge of the situation.

            The "Florida stopped recruiting Dorsey" rumors change every other week. First he doesn't have the grades to get into Florida, which was obvious ********. Then when those rumors were all but disproved, Florida suddenly pulled his scholarship because he was taking visits. That one floated around for some time until Rodriguez was asked about his arrest. Now suddenly they stopped recruiting him because of his arrests? Get real, what's the next excuse going to be?

            Like Sniper said, I cannot believe some guys on an internet message board and a "news" reporter from Michigan can find out about Dorsey's past run-ins with the law in ten minutes or less, but it took Urban Meyer many months to find that out. I find it far more likely that Dorsey noticed all the defensive backs that Florida was bringing in and decided that he didn't want to get lost in the shuffle.

            Don't sit here and call a 17 year old kid a liar and then only post internet speculation. That's just not fair to him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Fellas, he is a minor when these arrests (felonies) happened. Pretty sure those records are sealed since he was a minor.

              With leading the country in arrests as a program, I doubt Meyer wanted the kid after those records were made public, eventhough the kid is a bonafide stud.

              Why is that so impossible to believe?

              What is hard to believe, is a kid commmited to UF having second thoughts after being a verbal for so long because he noticed that UF was recruiting all these DBsall of the sudden? Right. Pretty sure that he knew who UF was after and how many DBs they were focusing on.

              Where are your quotes from the kid, P-L?

              Comment


              • #8
                He'd been a soft verbal for about his whole commitment, and we mainly stopped because we didn't want to deal with his **** taking late visits. If we could have had him, we'd have taken him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  Well until I am provided with proof that Florida stopped recruiting him, I am going to believe someone directly involved in the situation (Dorsey) before I believe someone who posts on an internet message board that in all likelihood has no first hand knowledge of the situation.

                  The "Florida stopped recruiting Dorsey" rumors change every other week. First he doesn't have the grades to get into Florida, which was obvious ********. Then when those rumors were all but disproved, Florida suddenly pulled his scholarship because he was taking visits. That one floated around for some time until Rodriguez was asked about his arrest. Now suddenly they stopped recruiting him because of his arrests? Get real, what's the next excuse going to be?

                  Like Sniper said, I cannot believe some guys on an internet message board and a "news" reporter from Michigan can find out about Dorsey's past run-ins with the law in ten minutes or less, but it took Urban Meyer many months to find that out. I find it far more likely that Dorsey noticed all the defensive backs that Florida was bringing in and decided that he didn't want to get lost in the shuffle.

                  Don't sit here and call a 17 year old kid a liar and then only post internet speculation. That's just not fair to him.
                  eh......I'm not really concerned with being fair to a kid who thinks it's a good idea to rob people. I don't know what the truth is, and I don't really have an opinion on it.....but who really cares about being fair to a kid who has proven more than once to be a punk.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am stunned -- given his past and given my long tenure covering recruiting -- that U-M signed him. I cannot recall a high-profile prep athlete in this state who had so many known run-ins with the law.

                    Dorsey admitted to police that he participated in two burglaries. He was charged in another burglary and with robbery with a deadly weapon. In at least one instance he said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

                    Being in the Ninth Ward in New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina hits is being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

                    Dorsey chose to be in that PT Cruiser at 3:16 a.m. with his friends, two pellet guns and pepper spray. Dorsey chose to skip school to be in that Honda Civic with his friends and their burglary tools.

                    Some U-M fans have chosen to label his actions as youthful indiscretions. A youthful indiscretion is stealing a pop from a convenience store. We are talking about serious, premeditated crimes. Dorsey and his crowd broke into homes and stole a flat-screen television set and a laptop computer.

                    If they broke into your home and stole your TV would you call it a youthful indiscretion?

                    That he wore his football gloves so he wouldn't leave fingerprints and that one of his accomplices had a window punch leads me to believe that his friends are fans of "CSI" or might have done this more than a time or two.

                    Twice charged with burglaries in 2007, Dorsey twice was sent to alternative programs for juveniles, rather than face convictions and a criminal record. He was acquitted at trial on the robbery with a deadly weapon charge. Dorsey and his prep coach insisted he learned from these mistakes and became a better person.

                    Still, after all my years of covering high schools, I am most troubled by Dorsey's home life.

                    Unlike so many kids I have covered, Dorsey is fortunate enough to have a mother and a father at home. His repeated actions show a complete lack of respect for the most important authority figures in his life.

                    I have found over and over that if a high-profile kid doesn't respect his parents, who will he respect?

                    Over the years U-M justifiably has taken chances on kids it has signed to scholarships. But those kids were academic risks. Never has U-M brought in a prospect with the baggage Dorsey will bring to U-M.

                    U-M fans argue that everyone deserves a second chance and I couldn't agree more, even though this may be a third or fourth chance for Dorsey.

                    And if Dorsey believes it would be best to come to Michigan to get away from his past in Lauderdale Lakes, then I am all for it. I have seen plenty of athletes escape challenging circumstances and go on to thrive.

                    But before Dorsey sets foot in Ann Arbor he should spend two years at Grand Rapids Community College. That is where he should prove that his problems truly are in the past and he is worthy of playing at a school like U-M.

                    So what if dozens of big-time schools, at least, also were prepared to sign Dorsey. Since when did U-M settle to be like everyone else?

                    U-M has given us wonderful young men I have covered in high school: Tyrone Wheatley, LaMarr Woodley, Rick Hewlett, Ron Simpkins, John Wangler, Stan Edwards, Mike Jolly, Brandon Graham and countless others.

                    Some U-M fans I know wonder why there is so much concern over Dorsey's signing.

                    My question to them is simple: What would be their reaction if Dorsey had signed with Michigan State?

                    That's what I thought.


                    http://www.freep.com/article/2010021...ge-with-Dorsey

                    I think P-L is letting his Maize and Blue homer side show.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How does that prove that Florida stopped recruiting him?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Didn't post it as cold hard proof that they stopped recruiting him.

                        Just wanted people to see that what DD did was some pretty serious crimes.

                        Coupled with the fact that UF is probably leading the NCAA in arrests since Meyer got there AND that DD was still taking officials, you can see this supports me saying that they stopped recruiting him.

                        Seriously doubt you will find any quotes from the UF staff saying they stopped recruiting DD.

                        There is a quote from DD as late as the week before NSD that he had only spoken to Coach Meyer once in the whole week before.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          That makes no ******* sense. The kid committed to Florida after his arrests, was with Florida for over a year, and all of a sudden they dropped him? Right, I'm sure Meyer accepted a verbal from a kid without knowing that he had been accused of two felonies. Sure, that makes a lot of sense.
                          Accused of FOUR Felonies and Charged with TWO Felonies

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
                            http://www.freep.com/article/2010021...ge-with-Dorsey

                            I think P-L is letting his Maize and Blue homer side show.
                            Thanks for that article. I hadn't seen that one before, but I agree with everything that was said... 100%

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow why didn't you guys just leave it to die in the big 10 thread..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information