2011 Gators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    No way our d is top ten next year....there's no way we replace that much talent and experience and don't miss a beat...there will be growing pains like in 07.

agreed, but I dont think it will be quite as bad 07. At least we have 2 starting DBs coming back (3 really if you count Hill) in 07 we just had Joiner coming back. Haden and Wright were True Freshman and Wondy had virtually no experience at anything but Special Teams. Plus Joiner proved to be below average without Reggie Nelson out there with him.

Comment

i agree, the defense will be better this year than it was in '07. We have a lot of talent on the defensive side, but we need some people to really grow and develop in order to have that dominating defense again.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        No way our d is top ten next year....there's no way we replace that much talent and experience and don't miss a beat...there will be growing pains like in 07.
        Things will be much, much better than '07. I honestly think Powell could be a D-Line upgrade from day one, Jaye Howard looks great, and we return other defensive tackles. Sharrif Floyd and Dominique Easley will also be impact freshman on the D-Line.

At the linebacker position, we have a typical UF rotation of baller athletes and actually return a few guys. Bostic, Jenkins, Hicks, and Jones will all be playmakers.

The only real question in the defense as a whole is the cornerback position. If Janoris plays like he did his freshman year, then we have nothing to worry about. Jeremy Brown has been looking good in practices, but that spot is still an unknown. Will Hill and Ahmad Black should do fine from the S spot, and if Hill is anything close to his potential, then it'll take a huge load off of our CB's shoulders.

I honestly just can't see us losing any games outside of Week 5 in Alabama and a potential rematch in the SECCG, but that's just me.

Comment

The reason why we saw a dip in Janoris' play last year was because they switched him from one CB position to another. This year the plan is to have him play the same position as he did his freshman year. I was reading that Moses was the front runner, either way I have faith in the coaches decision on the other starter.

Comment

Obviously I want the best player to win the job, but man it would be sweet to see Moses win the other Starting CB and do well at it.

Plus Jenkins and Jenkins as starting CBs, that would be badass. Then throw in some Jelani Jenkins at LB. Good ole Verne would **** his pants announcing that.

Comment

Comment

verne rules, lol

Comment

Any more word out of spring camp?

Comment

Debose has been practicing at full speed with no signs of a limp, but it still being held out of contact drills.

Comment

Spring Game Recap

Comment

i wish i could watch a replay somewhere. brantley is going to be awesome this year.... and trey burton is the future

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Yea its too bad that gator vision isn't free or some one would put up the practice. I so for got all about it thought for today.

Comment

How's Jelani Jenkins doing? Starter this year?

Comment

Originally posted by gator3guy View Post
                              How's Jelani Jenkins doing? Starter this year?
                              Sounds like it from what I hear.

Comment

Sat Sep. 4- Miami (OH) Gainesville, FL -- W

Sat Sep. 11- USF Gainesville, FL -- W

Sat Sep. 18- Tennessee(SEC) Knoxville, TN -- W

Sat Sep. 25- Kentucky(SEC) Gainesville, FL -- W

Sat Oct. 2- Alabama(SEC) Tuscaloosa, AL -- L

Sat Oct. 9- LSU(SEC) Gainesville, FL -- W

Sat Oct. 16- Mississippi State(SEC) Gainesville, FL -- W

Sat Oct. 30- Georgia(SEC) Jacksonville, FL -- W

Sat Nov. 6- Vanderbilt(SEC) Nashville, TN -- W

Sat Nov. 13- South Carolina(SEC) Gainesville, FL -- W

Sat Nov. 20- Appalachian State Gainesville, FL -- W

Sat Nov. 27- Florida State Tallahassee, FL -- W

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information