No announcement yet.

The 2010 Big XII Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan on watching some more college football in general, and Big 12 football in particular. Hopefully I get this job post so I can get my weekends back.

Comment

I'm ready for football season to start now.

And Oh Yeah......BIG 12 BIG 12 BIG 12 !!!

Comment

Am I the only Texas fan who thinks Chykie Brown is a much better corner then Curtis Brown, who has been consistently ranked higher on draft boards? We all knew when this time came secondary would be a team strength because we have brought in very good corner classes for some time, but I nevre got the impression Curtis was better.

Guess I'll have to look into this again when the season starts.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Am I the only Texas fan who thinks Chykie Brown is a much better corner then Curtis Brown, who has been consistently ranked higher on draft boards? We all knew when this time came secondary would be a team strength because we have brought in very good corner classes for some time, but I nevre got the impression Curtis was better.

Guess I'll have to look into this again when the season starts.
          I have thought the same for a while too. It was hard to tell last year though because Chykie was hurt for a good stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post

who's ready for the season!?
            Jerrod Johnson's getting over rated. The guy has little to no accuracy when he's under pressure... Now this is coming from a student at Texas Tech but it's still true.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandRaider56 View Post
              Jerrod Johnson's getting over rated. The guy has little to no accuracy when he's under pressure... Now this is coming from a student at Texas Tech but it's still true.

Alot of people feel like he could end up being a late 1st rounder in the draft, I believe it's true if he continues to improve.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Alot of people feel like he could end up being a late 1st rounder in the draft, I believe it's true if he continues to improve.
                I think he might based on potential, I've seen him play quite a bit and he's inconsistent. When he gets pressure he looks like JaMarcus Russell slingin' the ball around. The guys either lights out or gawd awful, I don't expect him to pull out a lot of tough games for A&M.

Comment

http://www.810whb.com/article/3527

The Big Ten Conference has extended initial offers to join the league to four universities including Missouri and Nebraska from the Big 12, according to multiple sources close to the negotiations.
                  That would kill the North...

N: Colorado, K-State, Kansas, Iowa State
                  S: Texas, TAMU, OU, Tech, Baylor, OK State

I wonder who they would invite to the Big 12? TCU has to be on that list. Arkansas wouldnt likely consider leaving the SEC. Maybe Utah?

This is crazy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I would talk to TCU and Boise State, you would think both schools would jump at the chance to join a power conference. Add TCU to the South, bump OSU or Oklahoma to the North with Boise.

Comment

My first guesses would be TCU and Utah. Outside of that I have no clue. Maybe Houston.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

I would think UTSA would be considered once their football team gets going. They are the 3rd biggest college in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                          I would think UTSA would be considered once their football team gets going. They are the 3rd biggest college in Texas.
                          hahhahahahaha. Yeah, okay.

Originally posted by villagewarrior View Post
                          I would talk to TCU and Boise State, you would think both schools would jump at the chance to join a power conference. Add TCU to the South, bump OSU or Oklahoma to the North with Boise.
                          Boise State makes zero sense. Geographically or academically.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I'm all for Missouri moving to the big ten, it makes total sense for them. More money for the program, Mizzou would be getting roughly 10 million dollars more a year if they moved to the big ten. Plus Missouri would be respected a lot more, they've been shoved aside as a 2nd class team in the big 12 and during the bowling process. Examples would be Mizzou beating Kansas 3 years ago and Kansas getting the invite over Mizzou to the orange bowl, 2 years ago Mizzou killing Nebraska 52-17 and ending the season with a better record than the Cornhuskers but the Huskers getting into a better bowl game. And last year An 8-4 Missouri team skipped over for Iowa State who was 6-6. Who knows how much money the programs been robbed of.

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                              I'm all for Missouri moving to the big ten, it makes total sense for them. More money for the program, Mizzou would be getting roughly 10 million dollars more a year if they moved to the big ten. Plus Missouri would be respected a lot more, they've been shoved aside as a 2nd class team in the big 12 and during the bowling process. Examples would be Mizzou beating Kansas 3 years ago and Kansas getting the invite over Mizzou to the orange bowl, 2 years ago Mizzou killing Nebraska 52-17 and ending the season with a better record than the Cornhuskers but the Huskers getting into a better bowl game. And last year An 8-4 Missouri team skipped over for Iowa State who was 6-6. Who knows how much money the programs been robbed of.
                              You got screwed with the Kansas ordeal, I don't know what that was about. The other times in question Missouri was put against the superior opponent. Nebraska played an unranked team in Clemson,7-5, and you played a ranked Northwestern who was 9-3. Iowa State had to play a 6-6 Minnesota while you played Navy who actually had a winning record, 9-4.
                              Last edited by nrk; 05-13-2010, 02:06 AM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                hahhahahahaha. Yeah, okay.

What makes you think that UTSA wouldn't have a chance. They brought in a well known coach and they play at the Alamodome. They are in one of the biggest cities in Texas which has a huge market and could also compete with some of the other schools in Texas for recruits. I'm saying about 5 years down the road or so, but if people consider TCU then I don't see why people can leave UTSA out of the discussion.

Hickey announced earlier this year that UTSA will play two years as an FCS Independent in 2011-12. It then will notify the NCAA in June 2012 of its intent to advance to the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) in 2014. The Roadrunners will comply with FBS standards during the 2013 season, then will seek full FBS membership and bowl eligibility in 2014.

After reading up on it some more yeah its a long shot.
                                Last edited by crisco0710; 05-13-2010, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information