• Show
Clear All

• adschofield
    started a topic 2010 ACC Discussion Thread

2010 ACC Discussion Thread

ACC Champs...Who ya got?

• SchizophrenicBatman
    replied
    Glennon is frail. I had a class with him when I was still at school and he seems pretty smart, though. Killer arm

I think he'll do well as long as he's on the field. If he goes down, we might be in trouble. The guy behind him on the depth chart, Brosius, is supposedly doing pretty well in practice too but I've never actually seen him play so I'm holding my breath on that one

Leave a comment:

• ncst8fan83
    replied
    Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
    Is this the Glennon that was on Vtech? or a brother?

I did hear about that Mustafa injury which blows.. he should be good by August though, Ryan Houston also got hurt in our spring game :/ fractured shoulder blade.
    Sean Glennon was at VaTech. He was loathed by fans. Mike Glennon is his little brother. Hopefully Mike will be a bit better than his brother.

Leave a comment:

• thenewfeature06
    replied
    Is this the Glennon that was on Vtech? or a brother?

I did hear about that Mustafa injury which blows.. he should be good by August though, Ryan Houston also got hurt in our spring game :/ fractured shoulder blade.

Leave a comment:

• ncst8fan83
    replied
    Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
    It looks like Glennon is the starting QB. I am anxious to see how he does and if he will become a legit pro prospect. Any NC state fans have input?

Also, Bryn Renner has looked good as he has taken over for TJ Yates at UNC.
    Glennon has a very strong arm, but virtually no starting experience. He's up to 6'7" 225. Should be an interesting year as we are moving back under center offensively which will hopefully open up the running game a bit more. Mustafa Green just had a potentially serious foot injury this week, so our running game has already taken a hit.

Leave a comment:

• thenewfeature06
    replied
    Renner has been sextastic.

We should have another bowl team this year.

Leave a comment:

• SolidGold
    replied
    It looks like Glennon is the starting QB. I am anxious to see how he does and if he will become a legit pro prospect. Any NC state fans have input?

Also, Bryn Renner has looked good as he has taken over for TJ Yates at UNC.

Leave a comment:

• SolidGold
    replied
    http://obsfifty.blogspot.com/2010/12...n-to-pack.html

Russell Wilson not sure if he is coming back for his senior season...isn't Sean Glennon's little brother behind him on the roster?

Leave a comment:

• MassNole
    replied
    Well 2005 all over again, except for FSU now having something resembling a talented coaching staff compared to just winning on talent. It should be a good game but I see FSU pulling it out 24-21.

Leave a comment:

• BigJohn98
    replied
    Alright Hokies, it's 2005 all over again. FSU vs VA Tech.

I think FSU wins in a nail-biter.

Leave a comment:

• descendency
    replied
    I saw this on a T-Shirt and thought NC State fans might enjoy it:

Leave a comment:

• vatech=accdomination
    replied
    this has been a hard hitting game so far.

Leave a comment:

• vatech=accdomination
    replied
    Wake, I feel bad for you. I am dissapointed we did not drop 70 on them, our defense gives up nothing nothing nothing, then a 80 yard play.

Leave a comment:

• BigJohn98
    replied
    45-17. What a game. Clearly better, as we were in my mind last year.

Leave a comment:

• descendency
    replied
    Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
    God you are a ******* moron. Seriously? The only guy worth a **** on our team and you want to bench him for 1 game of poor decisions. Brilliant.
    1 game? He's made poor decisions his entire career. The coaching staff released him from spring workouts because he has no future in football. I don't want a half committed QB. That multi-sport athlete stuff works ok when you are a backup WR or a DE, but not when you are a QB. Too much of any offense relies on a QB having a firm grasp on the offense, something Russell clearly lacks. He made poor decisions (throwing a dart to a DB in the end-zone instead of an easy fade to the WR... the only damn throw he didn't just lob it to a WR), sure. But the bigger problem you missed is a complete lack of ability to call audibles. There were tons of obvious situations where the play should have been changed at the line due to the defense... and they still ran the play.

He's had trouble reading safeties his entire career. I can't even remember how many dropped INTs I've seen from some of the stone handed DBs that the ACC seems to turn out the last few years.

His "good half" was throwing up jump balls where his tall WRs made plays. In case you missed it, the defense played balls out the entire game and he threw the game by not being able to even just manage it. 3 fewer broken plays on special teams and defense (TD Kickoff return, Tyrod Taylor running for 70 yards or whatever it was, Darren Evans breaking for 50+) , and NC State would have won regardless of Russell's horrific game. He's not asked to do much more than throw the ball into the air so his big WRs can jump and get it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information