No announcement yet.

Next Year's Pre-Season Top 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not a matter of putting your opinion out there or taking a chance...that would be the case if you had been plugging someone other than your team and stopped being a homer...I hate michigan yet I think they will be ranked top 3, I'm not saying ooo well Iowa has some returning players so they should be ranked because I know that won't happen...fact of the matter is USC is the best football team on paper right now and has a 99.9999% chance of being preseason #1...you don't think so, great, good for you...but I expect to see you back here when preseason polls come out to rub it in our face that...chuckles...florida is #1 and USC is like 6...can't wait

Comment

i never said florida should be #1 and i never said USC should fall that low either. as far as usc finishing of great, thats debatable. they finish off notre dame who was collapsing as it was. but what happend to usc after that? lol. because of usc's apparent inability to go see things to the conclusion i disagree with usc as a number one. i agree that florida lost too many guys for the number 1 spot as well. and too many concerns with michigan for them to be number one as well. and if the change at qb is that important than osu is definately not a number one either. i am not saying florida should be number one im saying none of these teams should be. as for who should be lets just say im glad im responsible for deciding. whoever ends up at number one come preseason i dont think will stay there for sure. and youre right usc probably will sit at the top when the preseason poll comes out. i maintain my point that with any of those teams in that spot its the wrong choice. this is why the ap poll system is the most flawed system in sports. a preseason poll? come on. before the guys even step on the field its like saying "those guys there, they dont stand a chance" there shouldnt be a preseason poll or any poll for that matter. it should all be based on how they play. and i realize that me saying that sounds stupid because that same sort of flawed rating system is the only reason florida got a chance to contend for the nc last year but i still maintain that polls and rankings are the most idiotic way of deciding anything when it comes to sports. well other than the draft which is based on where the team finish the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by pirateboy View Post
        i never said florida should be #1 and i never said USC should fall that low either. as far as usc finishing of great, thats debatable. they finish off notre dame who was collapsing as it was. but what happend to usc after that? lol. because of usc's apparent inability to go see things to the conclusion i disagree with usc as a number one. i agree that florida lost too many guys for the number 1 spot as well. and too many concerns with michigan for them to be number one as well. and if the change at qb is that important than osu is definately not a number one either. i am not saying florida should be number one im saying none of these teams should be. as for who should be lets just say im glad im responsible for deciding. whoever ends up at number one come preseason i dont think will stay there for sure. and youre right usc probably will sit at the top when the preseason poll comes out. i maintain my point that with any of those teams in that spot its the wrong choice. this is why the ap poll system is the most flawed system in sports. a preseason poll? come on. before the guys even step on the field its like saying "those guys there, they dont stand a chance" there shouldnt be a preseason poll or any poll for that matter. it should all be based on how they play. and i realize that me saying that sounds stupid because that same sort of flawed rating system is the only reason florida got a chance to contend for the nc last year but i still maintain that polls and rankings are the most idiotic way of deciding anything when it comes to sports. well other than the draft which is based on where the team finish the year before.
        just a question of clarification...if you don't think USC or Michigan is qualified enough to be the top team and as you say you don't think Florida is and since you are putting yourself out there...who do you suggest is most qualified to be #1?

I know you don't believe in preseason polls and what not, but I'd just like to hear who is more qualified in your eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by pirateboy View Post
          i am not saying florida should be number one im saying none of these teams should be. as for who should be lets just say im glad im responsible for deciding.
          theres your answer

Comment

fair enough...atleast the people who say USC or Michigan or whoever you don't like/most of America is stealing from analysts apparently, atleast those people have enough balls to say a number 1...and this coming after you said you are throwing yourself on the line and not being like everyone else...sounds kinda hypocritical...

Comment

no matter where ohio state is ranked they will be great with their new style of ball. they may have more close wins but i predict more wins than last year.;)

Comment

ok ok i said something about putting youself outthere so ill make a pick. but since i dont think most of everyones top 5 or so really should be it sort of narrows my options. idk lets say maybe WVU. no ill tell you id like to put USF up there. lol. not for a few years anyway. now mind you this is who i think should be not who i think will be. as i said before usc probably will be the number one at the start of the season. doesnt mean i agree with it. i think due to all the questions at all those other teams you have to put someone else up there. lets just pretend for a moment that i believe in the poll and that what i think will happen and what i think should happen are the same thing. in a perfect world where what makes since and what actually happens are one this is the way id put it.

1. WVU
                2. USC
                3. Michigan
                4. Florida
                5. Ohio State
                6. LSU

im not even gonna bother going any farther because 5- 15 are always falling and climbing all season long every year it seems. why did i even put 5 and 6 because i felt people would want to know where i put LSU since i did comment on the fact that i didnt feel they should out rank florida. are we satisfied now that i at least put something up there?

Comment

lets put it this we are at a strange time when teams with serious issues to address are sitting in the top 5 or so. why is this? because there seems to be some sort of gap between those teams and the teams just below them. to put ohio state, lsu or even florida up there its like saying that even if all the players that will be taking over played as horrible as possible, becuase we really dont know how they are going to fare in the ncaa, these teams would still take all the teams from say 7 down any day of the week. and i dont know if that true. for all the USC, OSU, Mich, LSU, fans im right there with you in hoping so becuase im in the same situation. but at a certain point blind faith becomes naivety and gullability.

Comment

see now we can get somewhere...as much as I love WV and the fact they return a sick offense, their defense is pretty abysmal...unless they suddenly transform into a top 5 defense I can't see them being #1...that being said USC returns just as potent of an offense as WV (I think WV is better but USC is close) and a defense that is far and beyond WV's...that coupled with beating a good/talented Michigan team (as opposed to to GTech)...the teams return alot of their teams from a season where USC finished 4, michigan 8, WV 10...we could get into an argument of who played/plays tougher opponents/conferences but that's opening a can of worms...so taking statistics, last year, returning players, USC and Michigan have a much higher chance of starting the year higher than WV

Comment

but the argument that i maintain against USC is this yes they have nearly all their starters returning, but those same starters had a NC appearance locked up all but one game and what happened? they fouled it up. now granted it was a rivalry and noone knows better than UF or FSU fans that records, positioning, rankings all go out the window when it comes to rivalries. the fact is that it still counts against you.

Comment

sorry for anyone that read I mixed up Louisville with WV...

so both teams ended with 2 losses, albeit USC's first was to a pretty mediocre-bad Oregon State team, but 2 losses none the less...USC then went on to finish ahead of WV after beating a much better Michigan team compared to Georgia Tech...so it looks as if they are on pretty equal ground coming into the season, yet the fact that even with 1 loss going into the last game of the season USC was still in NC picture whereas WV with 1 loss was out of the BCS for the most part...so yes while they basically choked away the NC with a last week loss, USC will learn from previous mistakes, thats how sports have worked for years upon years...I mean look at UNC basketball, the years leading up to their 2005 NC they had really bad-decent seasons, yet that one year returned all their players and had an amazing team and won the NC
                        Last edited by iowatreat54; 03-27-2007, 08:50 PM.

Comment

http://sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10089235

Kentucky #25... Never thought I'd see the day...

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                            As for Texas, I don't think they have the defense to win the Big XII. The defense was pretty lackluster last year with Michael Griffin and Aaron Ross, and now they're gone.
                            ok, and we lost derrick johnson before that, and michael huff, and cedric griffin and nathan vasher, so whats the point? when your talking about schools like texas, usc, lsu, tosu, michigan etc, i dont calculate too much into losing stars on the team, outside of qb's and special players who come around every 5 years or so(cedric benson, roy williams)

we reload very fine every year on defense, but if anything mccoy will give us the best chance to win the big 12 this year, he has sweed and charles around him, and experience in the offense finally, all returning back, with OU having a new qb and rb....

so if we dont end up winning who will?

either way that wasnt my gripe, i just feel like we should be ranked higher then LSU in pre season polls because of the change at qb, they will replace bowe and landry ok, but starting qb is different

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

USC's RB sistuation is not fair

Comment

ok UF is losing a few guys. still i think we beat out LSU. if for no other reason tebow is going to be great.
                                See Tebow is the reason I think that UF dosen't edge out LSU, that and the fact that the game is in Baton Rouge.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information