• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
    no Texas A&M? are you serious?
    Are you?

Comment

I don't think Michigan is top ten worthy, and Notre Dame is barely top 25 worthy. I would have no problem leaving them out of the poll altogether to start the season.

I also think Tennessee may be a tad bit low. They'd be closer to #10 in my poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
        I love the Badgers..but I dont think they will hold up to that #7 ranking. 15-20 sounds more realistic

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read...UW is a top 10 preseason team and nothing less...this could be the best Badger team to ever step on the field...the Defense is going to be ridiculous and we have two capable replacements for QB and 4/5 of the o-line returning to heal the loss of Joe T....15-20????!!! That is a spit in the face!

Comment

Originally posted by jbooshey View Post
          That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read...UW is a top 10 preseason team and nothing less...this could be the best Badger team to ever step on the field...the Defense is going to be ridiculous and we have two capable replacements for QB and 4/5 of the o-line returning to heal the loss of Joe T....15-20????!!! That is a spit in the face!
          /agree

We very well may have the best D in the nation next year; last year it was certainly the most underrated.

Combine that with P.J. Hill and a nasty receiving tandem and we're going to be lights out.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter S. Thompson View Post
            I don't think Michigan is top ten worthy, and Notre Dame is barely top 25 worthy. I would have no problem leaving them out of the poll altogether to start the season.

I also think Tennessee may be a tad bit low. They'd be closer to #10 in my poll.
            Oooooooooooooooooooooook buddy...Michigan's offense is dirty and they have some playmakers on defense. I mean, we have Morgan Trent! Best Michigan corner ever! Better than Woodson! No but seriously watch Taylor and Crable be the anchors of a better than expected defense

Comment

Originally posted by songofthesword View Post
              I dont get how arkansas won the SEC west last year, has everyone on offense returning, 3 or 4 people on the Defense that will be in the NFL in 1 or 2 years and is behind Auburn in every poll I've seen, dispite auburn lost their key running back and wideout, and 2 of their key offensive linemen.. and we WAXED them, AT AUBURN, when they had them last year, and we get them at home this year.

The only key road game arkansas plays all year is LSU. Every other tough team we get is at home (unless you consider alabama really tough). We don't play USC this year. And some people have arkansas ranked outside the top 20?

Arkansas is a top 10 team next year. Arkansas has 3, with the distinct possibility of 4 players that will be first day picks next year (McFadden, Jones, Monk and Hillis, with hillis being the only question because of his position)

And that's on Offense

On Defense, marus Harrison is a first round pick, at the absolute worst a 2nd rounder but I would be shocked if he is not a top 20 pick next year. Fred Bledsoe, if he ever gets his act together, is an NFL Defensive Lineman. Antwain Robinson is a late 2nd day pick.

what I am saying is, that's just plain wrong. Arkansas was a QB last year from being in the NC game.

I would rate LSU ahead of arkansas, because they have more talent, and that's one game I do not look forward to... but I think arkansas can pull it out, depending on the QB and WR development.

Arkansas v. Georgia in the SEC championchip game

Your QB (or lack thereof), your coach (or lack of one worht a ****), and your OC (who is who?). Sure your run game is great, and you have a good-looking wideout, but a non-existent passing game coupled with a partially rebuilt secondary is usually a recipe for struggling.

Sig by DChess

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                Tell Me what you think this is (IMO)

1. USC
                2. Michigan
                3. West Virgina
                4. LSU
                5. Florida
                6. Ohio St.
                7. Wisconsin
                8. Texas
                9. Auburn
                10. Louisville
                11. California
                12. Bosie St.
                13. Arkansas
                14. Wake Forest
                15. Notre Dame
                16. Oklahoma
                17. Virgina Tech
                18. Tennessee
                19. Boston College
                20. Rutgers
                21. Hawaii
                22. Penn St.
                23. Florida St.
                24. South Carolina
                25. UCLA
                Am a Hawaii fan and despite Colt returning, I see them as on the bubble...for now. They lost quite a bit of experience in Alama-Francis, Purcell, Ilaoa, Peters, Satale etc. But definately will surprise some people and I see them rising. The offence should continue to explode with Colt there and some good receivers returning.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernPride396 View Post
                  Your QB (or lack thereof), your coach (or lack of one worht a ****), and your OC (who is who?). Sure your run game is great, and you have a good-looking wideout, but a non-existent passing game coupled with a partially rebuilt secondary is usually a recipe for struggling.

uhh.. get your facts straight..

okay.. I'll give you the coach.. no defense there. I hate him.

but Casey Dick is our QB, who was our Starting QB the last 2 years. He isn't the problem.. see above

who said anything about a rebuilt secondary? we lost a 2nd round Corner (who should have been first) buteveryone who wil be playing next year played 40-50 of the snaps this year in the secondary. Michael Grant will be a NFL corner, and is the fastest person on the team (you read that right)... just injury ridden and came on a little slow in his career.

what scares me more than anything was the lack of recruiting this year. This years team is going to be better than last years, I can promise you that. As a matter of fact, no one in arkasnas expected last year to happen, everything has always pointed for this year. it's why we started Casey dick as a true freshmen.

Our OC is David Lee, who was the Qurterbacks coach of the coywboys last year.

I went to the spring game, you will see a different offense than in the past.... rather it will work or not is yet to be seen but it looks more like a real offense than anything I have seen up there yet.

with all that said... we still layed the smack to auburn and have most of our important starters returning, plus an All SEC LB that was out the entire year last year

Comment

BTW, do not be suprised to see Casey Dick's little brother take his job from him byt hte middle of the year...LOADS better. will be a true freshmen, and threw all of 1 INT his senior year.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                      http://sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10089235

Kentucky #25... Never thought I'd see the day...
                      UK will be ranked higher than that once they beat Louisville on September 15.

If they get on a roll I also think they have a big chance of knocking off Arkansas as well.

Comment

• guys.. what makes USF special this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                          guys.. what makes USF special this year?
                          they were the only team that could tackle in the big east last year.
                          I'm a state.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information