Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA football adopting the basketball bracket concept ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA football adopting the basketball bracket concept ?

Has any one you wondered instead of BCS system in college football we have today . How would the football world be like if they adopted the March Madness bracket into the football style of NCAA world instead . Here how it would pan out .. Each team plays out there regular season games like normal . Then once the season ends . the Top 16 or 20 or 25 teams can be placed into the bracket system , almost like a play off deal . 1 plays 2 , 3 plays 4 and 5 plays 6 type of deal and so on . Then the National championship game comes down the winners in there bracket just like the how basketball does it . Does any one think that it would out better for football . I mean most of hates how the BCS works any ways . What are your thoughts ?

Hmmm a college playoff. I never even thought of that! Why hasn't this been brought up before?

Comment

Him never hearing of a playoff makes me start to think his parents didn't know what a condom was right before he was conceived.

Comment

nope, no ones ever floated this idea before. Everyone is pretty much satisfied with the way it is now.
        Free Willie

Comment

You should write a letter to get that changed.

Comment

1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, and 5 plays 6 huh? That's not ******* stupid or anything...

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, and 5 plays 6 huh? That's not ******* stupid or anything...
              Well I was just assuming they would play it like . How would you have it set up ? shot us some ideas then . All for it .

Comment

Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                Well I was just assuming they would play it like . How would you have it set up ? shot us some ideas then . All for it .
                Well, how about you start by having the highest seeds play the lowest seeds, since that is how a playoff is supposed to work. Under your proposal, it's better to barely make the playoffs than to win your conference.

Comment

sounds good to me . How many teams do you think this type of bracket would have in place for the football side of college 16 or 25 ? I do like the idea of the lowest teams giving them a shot at the higher ranked teams . Lets all try and make a proposal and see if it works some how ! I'm game for any ideas and rules too . Good call yourfavestoner .

Comment

I would take something like a top 8 playoff.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Stop encouraging him you guys....................

Originally posted by Jakey
                      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                        Hey, shut up.

You're just jealous you didn't think of it first.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                          Hey, shut up.

You're just jealous you didn't think of it first.
                          You totally caught me. My idea was for a 120 team round robin tournament. One pool. Everyone plays everyone once. Then it gets ******* CRAZY.
                          Last edited by ironman4579; 03-19-2010, 09:34 PM.

Originally posted by Jakey
                          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post

Who the hell are you to jump in my topic (just kidding) ? I'm just trying to come up with a fun topic . And your idea on everyone plays everyone twice seems dumb IMO .

Just let everyone play the regular season games etc . Then after the season over take either top 16 or 25 teams and place in a play off bracket just like the Basketball side does it . I mean it works out great for the basketball side of NCAA so why can't it work out for the football side instead of BCS bull crap .

Comment

they should just have all the good teams from other conferences join the SEC and have an SEC tournament to decide the national champions. Or they should just have an SEC tournament as it is now and the winner is the NC. We should also have a 20 game regular season. And the head coaches should wear uniforms like in baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information