No announcement yet.

2010 SEC Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron Newton named starter for Auburn in 2010.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

I think Auburn DT Mike Blanc is an underrated guy who could turn some heads this fall. He's not a very refined pass rusher, but he's strong, effective taking on doubles, and has the athleticism to look halfway decent dropping into coverage. He also plays with a great motor; I love seeing him make plays in pursuit.

He isn't the next Suh, but he's got an intriguing skillset that should pique the interest of 3-4 teams. In my opinion, Josh Bynes owes a lot of his success to Blanc & the other Auburn d-linemen doing a great job of keeping him clean.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        Glad to hear Hightower is recovering well from injury.

Also, ya'll scheduled Penn State? Props for actually scheduling a Div. 1 OOC opponent, unlike somebody... *glares at Florida* ;)
        Florida plays Miami all the time as an OOC game.

People forget that the FSU game at the end of the year in an OOC game too.

Comment

I'm kinda excited for LSU football next season. Murphy.. Doak!

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            Florida plays Miami all the time as an OOC game.

People forget that the FSU game at the end of the year in an OOC game too.
            Ya'll don't even leave your own state. Yeah, ya'll are OOC and they're Div. 1 schools, but it's not the same as Tennessee scheduling Oregon, California, and UCLA, and Bama scheduling Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Penn State. It's like Georgia playing GaTech and South Carolina playing Clemson. You play in the same state, so the travel isn't a problem you'll face, and you play fairly often being rivals, so that defeats the purpose of playing an opponent you're not familiar with...

Let me have this Gator fans!!! C'mon!!! :(
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
              Ya'll don't even leave your own state. Yeah, ya'll are OOC and they're Div. 1 schools, but it's not the same as Tennessee scheduling Oregon, California, and UCLA, and Bama scheduling Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Penn State. It's like Georgia playing GaTech and South Carolina playing Clemson. You play in the same state, so the travel isn't a problem you'll face, and you play fairly often being rivals, so that defeats the purpose of playing an opponent you're not familiar with...

Let me have this Gator fans!!! C'mon!!! :(
              I agree

I wish we would drop the FIUs or Citadels and do a Home and Home vs a CAL or UCLA or Penn State, etc...

Comment

Could any of the Gators fans give me a rundown on Wondy Pierre-Louis? His in minicamp with the Ravens and I was wondering about him as a player. After a quick google search all I seem to find is info about his run in with the law back in January. Had this run in not happened do you guys think he would of been drafted? any information is appreciated.

Comment

He kept getting moved down the depth chart the past few years. He wasn't as good as the younger players, and I remember him getting hurt a lot. Really thin I think, don't know much other that that.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                    Could any of the Gators fans give me a rundown on Wondy Pierre-Louis? His in minicamp with the Ravens and I was wondering about him as a player. After a quick google search all I seem to find is info about his run in with the law back in January. Had this run in not happened do you guys think he would of been drafted? any information is appreciated.
                    He started at RCB as a freshman on the NC team in 06. After that, he slowly dropped on the depth chart to where he barely played besides nickle/dime situations.

His value is strictly as a special teamer. He's physical and he tries hard, but he's just not very good in coverage.

Comment

Woody Pierre Lewis parents were thought to be dead in Haiti and than turns out they were alive and later in the week he was charged with assult or something along those lines.

He is a solid college DB who probably won't make much noise in the NFL and should be gone within a year or two

Comment

Mike Silve has gone on record stating that the SEC will be proactive if the Big 10 expands past 12 members. So the question is: who does the SEC add? In my opinion they will try to make a splash and go after Texas especially if Nebraska and Missouri join the Big 10. If Texas were to accept an invitation to the SEC then I could see Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State following suit. The other option would be to target schools located in the southeastern portion of the US that are not in the SEC. Florida State, Miami, Clemson, and Georgia Tech (a former SEC member) could all be extended invitations as well if Texas does not want to leave.

Which would you prefer and do you have any other ideas about what the SEC could do if the Big 10 expands past 12 teams?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

If the SEC added OU in the West and FSU/Miami/Clemson in the East that would be so amazing, it would become even more of a super conference than it already is. I'm so down to adding OU to the West so Ole Miss could play them every year, Miami or FSU would be so sick to have in the East too. I'd be so unbelievably happy.

Comment

GaTech, Florida St., and Clemson all have rivalries with SEC teams, so they are a possibility.

If we're talking about just Big 12 schools, then obviously Texas and Oklahoma would be the top schools to invite if we wanna go the "Super Conference" route. Put those two in the West, and then move Alabama and Auburn into the East. That'd work geographically and should retain competitive balance. Keeping Bama and Auburn in the same division would be imperative due to their rivalry, and Bama and Tennessee already play each other annually due to the 3rd Saturday in October rivalry.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Nobody would get booted right? I don't think it would happen, but if it were Vandy and Kentucky would be the logical ones. God if Ole Miss moved I would cry, it would be a tough call on shifting divisions too. I think they would try to add one East and one West team, I don't think they want to shuffle to much.

Comment

I don't see anyone getting booted or voluntarily leaving the conference. Expansion all depends on how many teams the Big 10 adds but if they are looking at expanding to 16 teams the SEC will be inclined to do the same.

I could see Texas and Oklahoma being very realistic targets as well as Florida St., Georgia Tech, and Miami. If Texas and OU are both added, however, I think their respective states would push the league to add Texas A&M and Oklahoma State.

If the four Big XII teams were added you would have Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and LSU in the SEC West and the remaining schools in the SEC East. Talk about tough friggin divisions.
                                Last edited by diabsoule; 05-12-2010, 07:00 PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information