2010 SEC Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    I didn't root for OSU. That was a horribly-worded question.
    not really.

Comment

• i am not a "conference-prider" (?) the only way i would root for any of the teams in the NC that are part of the SEC is if they have 1 loss and its to auburn. (which is unlikely)

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Hardly trolling. I post in this thread more often than you do, so blow me.
        Post count does not constitute the absence of trolling. I'm not in here starting **** with SEC fans. If you want, we could get a moderator in here to decide who is right or wrong.

Yep, that's the only thing I ever do.
        Prove me wrong, but looking at the rest of your post so far, you're not doing a very proactive job...

Because it's ******* moronic. Do you see Michigan fans root for Ohio State? USC for UCLA? Texas for Oklahoma? No. You dumb ***** are the only ones that see nothing wrong with rooting for your rival.
        And inevitably come the asterisks.

Again, we don't care. Besides, I wanted to see Texas clown Bama on the national stage. Just ask LizardState. After Bama won, I was so bitter I asked him if he fondled himself while watching it. Yeah, we're all holding hands here cheering for one another. My mistake, that's only what you want to perceive so you can run your trap about the SEC. But I will admit, it is bittersweet to see your rivals do well while they also bolster your conference's prestige.

So basically, blow me, TH. It's not "your" thread just like UF, LSU, and 'Bama's NCs aren't "yours either. If I want to post in here, I will. Thanks. Go suck a ****. Better yet, read a ******* book and get educated...if you're capable, that is.
        Ooooh, now you've broken out the stupid jokes. That's just like you, Sniper. A guy with little patience followed by a guy with a whole lot of hot air. It's cute that you think you're smarter than me, though. It really, really is.

It's the SEC Thread. I am an SEC fan. It's our thread. You're welcome to post here, as long as you don't troll, stop insulting people from the south, and pretty much stop acting like your usual self. As long as you do that, it's cool with me.

And this is the point where you prove that all these principle differences you see and take so much offense to is complete and total BS. You come in here and don't take little shots at individual teams. You come in here and take shots at the conference itself and the acts of the conference fans as a whole. When a fan of an individual team comes on to defend the conference - not his individual team, but the conference - by displaying it's dominance by displaying the accomplishments of the teams it's made up of, you turn all whiney and fly off the handle about how I can't do that because it's celebrating the rival teams and all that BS. You know it's not. If you don't, then I'm sorry if you can't wrap your head around that. It's simply not my problem.

I think you can though. It's just that you're frustrated as a fan of another conference. You're tired of seeing the SEC. You're tried of hearing about the SEC. You're so tired of having "SEC! SEC! SEC!", "SEC SPEED", etc. shoved down your throat. Yet, you don't have a comeback to shut down all the propoganda. So, in typical futile fashion, instead of attacking the argument, you attack the ones perpetuating the arguments. In this case, SEC fans. That's when you came at us with these accusations of us all slurping on one another as some sort of a reason to give you some ground to stand. That would probably have some ground if put forth in a mature way, but then you get so utterly worked up over it that you can't help but throw every stereotypical redneck/southern joke at the other side as well. So just spare us, ok?

If it makes you feel any better, we hate each other in private. Which only further proves that you're wrong on this issue. I wasn't lying that we know it ticks off Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10, ACC, etc. fans that we do this stuff. I only pulled those images on you guys because it's the SEC thread, ya'll are Big 10 fans, and those were championship wins by SEC teams over Big 10 teams. The only time that stuff goes on is when other conferences are involved. Sometimes, out of respect of one another a conference pride, we'll do the "Hey everyone! Come see how great we are," stuff. But that's not often. You hear the "SEC! SEC! SEC!" chants when? Usually at the end of a SEC team beating a team from another conference in a bowl game or OOC regular season game. You don't hear that chant by Vols fans after Bama just beat us at home in Knoxville. The Bama fans aren't even cheering that. They're screaming "Rammer Jammer" at the Vols fans leaving the stadium. The only time you'll hear every team's fans chanting "SEC!" together is during the SEC Championship game as a show of sportsmanship to the sucky teams like Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Some SEC fans root for whoever's representing the conference, like XLIV said. That's not the majority, and a lot of times that's a facade put on by fans just trying to be good sports. It's obvious you've never sat in a sports bar and have watched a Bama get up and cheer when Auburn gets scored on, so again, spare us.

I also find it disturbing that you've asked me to blow you twice, and then told me to go down on another guy (I assume it's another guy, unless you want me all to yourself cutie). I only asked you to kiss my ass once. I think a *** joke is warranted to counteract the heterosexual discrepancy between us, but I'll abstain.

I am too damn long winded, lol. Probably some typos in that mess that I've missed, but if you catch one, feel free to display your massive northern intellect and bring it to my attention. You won't insult my meager southern education by doing so. :)
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• war eagle.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• SEC has talked to A&M http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ons/index.html

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by critesy View Post
              With all the talk about Miami and FSU, the SEC somehow getting Texas A&M would be monstrously huge. My dream scenario is getting Texas A&M, TCU to add to the West, and Miami(FL), Florida St. to add to the East. TCU would provide the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and TAMU is the 2nd biggest Texas school (Houston area? I think College Station is like an hour and a half away, give or take), so both would provide the viewership and SEC foothold in Texas for recruiting. The U and FSU would pretty much seal up Florida. Although football in Texas will always be dominated by the Longhorns, and if Texas joins a Pac 10/Big 12 super conference, it could be hard for recruits to turn down playing in possibly the sexiest conference in the country for their idol school.

Either way, TAMU should make out well. Plus, we'd get Brent posting in here, which is just as good if you think about it.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I am surprised the SEC hasn't made a push to bring in Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State along with Texas A&M.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  I am surprised the SEC hasn't made a push to bring in Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State along with Texas A&M.
                  They know it'd be in vain. Those schools (Texas in paticular) don't want to be associated with the low academic ratings the SEC carries.

Once the Big-10 gets raided, I expect the the SEC and ACC to pick off and dismantle the Big East.

Comment

• Any word about the SEC going after any other schools yet?

Florida St? UWVA? I think they're prime targets.

Comment

• so just read that OKLA says SEC is showing interest in them and they will follow Tejas.

damn **** is getttin real.

Comment

• Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione confirmed to the Tulsa World that the SEC has shown interests, but that OU will follow Texas.

SEC will probably start courting Texas hard now.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          They know it'd be in vain. Those schools (Texas in paticular) don't want to be associated with the low academic ratings the SEC carries.

Once the Big-10 gets raided, I expect the the SEC and ACC to pick off and dismantle the Big East.
                          These people really need to get off their high horse. Money and sports are both more important than academics to them.
                          Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• so hearing Oklahoma to the SEC West in 2012 is going to happen real soon.

Comment

• i heard the only way theyre coming is if they bring a partner to keep it even.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                                These people really need to get off their high horse. Money and sports are both more important than academics to them.
                                Depends what conference they are talking about... there are schools such as West Virginia that are not even up for consideration because of their academics.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information