X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Vito
    started a topic 2010 SEC Thread

2010 SEC Thread

4 national championships in a row for the conference and 5 in a row is a legit possibility. There is some big time talent yet again in the SEC and also some big time story lines. Florida has its next generation of young talent ready to step in for the legendary class that just left, Bama has the ammo to repeat, and LSU is loaded on paper. Teams like Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Georgia, and South Carolina all are very talented too with Mullen working on a nice turnaround in Starkville. Should be another exciting season in the SEC, just look at some of the talent in the conference.

Julio Jones
    AJ Green
    Mark Ingram
    Patrick Peterson
    Joseph Barksdale
    Ryan Mallet
    Lee Ziemba
    Marcell Dareus
    Jerrell Powe
    Donta Hightower
    Will Hill
    Kentrell Lockett
    Clint Boling
    Terrance Tolliver

Those are all guys who are draft eligible with first round potential, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

• critesy
    replied

auburn team meeting .. lol

Leave a comment:

• sbh15
    replied
    Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
    I thought we might be better on O, too.

/SMH
    Wow what a fail of a prediction. Even though our pass rush was atrocious, the D was more of a bright spot. Then again, who could have predicted that Adazzio lives in a universe where Brantley is Tebow and some ****** receiver is Harvin. If we had re-tooled the offense, who knows what could have happened.

Leave a comment:

• bullg8rdaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
    This year's Florida offense might be better than last year's. Certainly more explosive.

The defense? Nooot so much...
    I thought we might be better on O, too.

/SMH

Leave a comment:

• LizardState
    replied
    Fresh from the Alabama slammer

the Tide laid on Michigan St. yesterday, here's the 2011 Crimson Tide schedule, never too early for next season:

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-11/s...l-schedule.php

The opener vs Kent St. is Nick Saban's alma mater in a checkbook game for the Golden Flashes.

The road this yr is considerably tougher, they have to go to the Nittany Valley for Penn St, @ Florida, @ both state of Mississippi games & @ Auburn. At least formidable LSU is at home as well as Tennessee & Arkansas at Bryant-Denny.

After the MSU walloping I think I can predict a preseason top 10 if not top 5 ranking, a new QB in McCarron & most of the OL new, Heisman Winner Ingram, Marcell Dareus, LB Deunta Hightower & Julio Jones 90% likely gone to the NFL but Richardson will be back along with rising stars LBs Courtney Upshaw (s/b Capitol One Bowl MVP) & Nico Johnson.

The talk in Tuscaloosa is all of incoming NG Jesse Williams from Western Arizona CC in Yuma, AZ, an all-everything Juco DT who would be expected to start anchoring the 3-4 defense but is still only verbally committed at this time.

A textbook excellent Saban secondary s/b back as well, arguably one ofthe fastest in the country, with soph CBs Dre Kirkpatrick & DeMarcus Milliner having a yr's starting experience, & ballhawk FS Robert Lester who tied for the national lead in INTs with 8.

Leave a comment:

• TitanHope
    replied
    Report that Vols DC Justin Wilcox turns down Texas to remain with Tennessee.

Leave a comment:

• critesy
    replied
    Originally posted by djp View Post
    Auburn fans: Has Roszell Gayden done anything? He went to my high school, so I'm just wondering.
    he got hurt in spring and was hampered or else i think he would of won the starting rt job. he then left the team half way through the year i believe to go back home. basically transferring.

Leave a comment:

• djp
    replied
    Auburn fans: Has Roszell Gayden done anything? He went to my high school, so I'm just wondering.

Leave a comment:

• CashmoneyDrew
    replied
    So how much longer is UGA going to put up with Richt? Personally I'm hoping a couple more years at least.

Leave a comment:

• P-L
    replied
    That probably confirms the rumors that Caleb King is going to declare.

Leave a comment:

• Sniper
    replied
    http://georgia.247sports.com/Article...erty-Bowl-9354

Three Georgia players -- junior tailback Caleb King, sophomore offensive tackle A.J. Harmon and freshman defensive back Derek Owens – did not make the trip to Memphis and are ineligible for the Liberty Bowl because of academic reasons, UGA has confirmed.

Continued...

Leave a comment:

• critesy
    replied
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/570881...ly_undefeated/

rank video <333

Leave a comment:

• Sniper
    replied
    http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/20...-return-in-11/

Ole Miss defensive back Tony Grimes won’t be returning to the Rebels next season, a team spokesman confirmed today.

In a brief halftime visit with reporters, Nutt said Grimes’ departures “was in the best interest of everyone involved.” Not much other news from Nutt, who indicated that he hadn’t finalized anything in regard to his staff and didn’t offer a timeline for that, either. Nutt said Grimes was the only departure that has been formalized since Nov. 29, the last time he visited with reporters.

Leave a comment:

• VUBlacknGold
    replied
    Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
    Malzahn to Vandy. Can't believe he couldn't get a better offer, but I'm happy for Vandy fans.
    Woot, James Franklin!!! I really hope he can help our recruiting. Zac Stacy and Warren Norman on the field at the same time please!!!

Leave a comment:

• critesy
    replied
    funny looking at the first couple pages of this thread reading back on things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information