No announcement yet.

2004 USC Trojans Vs. 2001 Miami Hurricanes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U have just open up a old wound aout the whole ohio-mia game we should of won that game damn ref's and the U had better D and a just as good offence USC

Comment

USC's defense wasn't even good.. They couldn't hold the Miami RB stable's jock straps. Its ridiculous to even argue that USC could stand a chance to the U. You name guys like Shaun Cody, Lofa Tatupu, Scott Ware, and Kenechi Udeze. I'll name guys like William Joseph, Vince Wilfork, Sean Taylor, D.J. Williams, and John Vilma. Your passing attack would be COMPLETELY shut down by the Miami DB's without question. Miami's speed and sheer athleticism at LB would check ANYONE coming out the backfield, whether it be Bush or White. Oh man, this isn't much of an argument.

Comment

McGahee wasn't the 2nd back, Frank Gore was, McGahee was the FB.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by 22,895 View Post
          Matt Leinart vs. Ken Dorsey= Matt Leinart
          Reggie Bush/ LenDale White vs Clint Portis/Willis McGahee= push
          Dwayne Jarrett/Steve Smith vs. Andre Johnson/Kevin Beard= DJ/SS
          Dominque Byrd vs. Jeremy Shockey= Jeremy Shockey
          Shaun Cody/Little Sapp vs. Matt Walters/William Joseph= Cody/Patterson
          Lofa Tatupu/Matt Grootegoed vs. D.J. Williams/Jonathan Vilma= Push
          USC DB's vs. Miam (FL) DB's- Miami (FL)
          :Shocked Emoticon: x9999
          I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            :Shocked Emoticon: x9999
            QFT! This man ACTUALLY played with the idea of Matt Grootegoed being as good as D.J. Williams

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              QFT! This man ACTUALLY played with the idea of Matt Grootegoed being as good as D.J. Williams
              Tatupu anywhere near Vilma is just as comical.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Grootegoed was only close to D.J. in HS.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
                Originally posted by DLS42
                Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.

Comment

USC would beat Miami (FL)
                  Breakdown:
                  If Ohio State was able to shut down McGahee.

I think you have your years/facts mixed up. Portis was the RB and the team that lost to tOSU team was not nearly as good as the 2001 team. Most of that Oline graduated with Portis.

So in short, to say that because tOSU was able to shut down McGahee in the NC means absolutely nothing because it wasn't anywhere close to the 2001 team.
                  Last edited by energizerbunny; 03-20-2007, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Matt Grootegood was a Butkus Award Finalist. Just because he doesn't have that big name like Vilma doesn't mean he wasn't good. Grootegoed was a very underrated LB.

Tatupu in 25 games had 202 tackles, nine sacks, seven interceptions, three fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles, 18 pass deflections, and one touchdown. In that National Championship Game Adrian Peterson gained 82 yards rushing on 25 carries which ended up being a 3.3 Average.

Comment

i believe the starting DB set was Ed Reed, Mike Rumph, Phillip Buchanon, and a FS that escapes my mind. Add that to Vilma and Williams at LB and ITS OVER!!!

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

USC would beat Miami (FL)
                        Breakdown:
                        If Ohio State was able to shut down McGahee. Then that USC Defense with Pete Carroll would be able to shut down McGahee and Portis. Plus, you have the Playmakers at LB with Lofa Tatupu and Matt Grootegoed. The passing attack with Matt Leinart conducting it with Steve Smith,Dwayne Jarrett,and Dominque Byrd. We would keep your DBs in check and also your LBs. Then we pound it with LenDale and Bush. Plus, when Miami would blitz our O-Line would pick it up. Our Defense like I said is was one of the best with our DT of Shaun Cody and Mike Patterson "Little Sapp" Then our DE of Kenechi Udeze. Our DBs of Justin Wyatt who had a very underrated year and the big hitter of Scott Ware. They would shut down Andre Johnson and Shockey to an extent.

SO you have

Matt Leinart vs. Ken Dorsey= Matt Leinart
                        Reggie Bush/ LenDale White vs Clint Portis/Willis McGahee= push
                        Dwayne Jarrett/Steve Smith vs. Andre Johnson/Kevin Beard= DJ/SS
                        Dominque Byrd vs. Jeremy Shockey= Jeremy Shockey
                        Shaun Cody/Little Sapp vs. Matt Walters/William Joseph= Cody/Patterson
                        Lofa Tatupu/Matt Grootegoed vs. D.J. Williams/Jonathan Vilma= Push
                        USC DB's vs. Miam (FL) DB's- Miami (FL)

So I would have to say my boys win Fight On USC!

Miami's oline was better.
                        Miami had better special teams
                        Miami also had a better overall Dline
                        I'll take Andre+Shockey+Beard over DJ+SS and Byrd as well.

Also who is going to cover Shockey and Andre? thats a huge mismatch

IMO Jarrett would have gotten owned by Mike Rumph and Smith would have been held in check by Phillip. Then Ed Reed and Lewis over the top.
                        DJ and Vilma would have at the very least kept the USC run game in check.

Comment

Originally posted by energizerbunny View Post
                          Miami's oline was better.
                          Miami had better special teams
                          Miami also had a better overall Dline
                          I'll take Andre+Shockey+Beard over DJ+SS and Byrd as well.

Also who is going to cover Shockey and Andre? thats a huge mismatch

IMO Jarrett would have gotten owned by Mike Rumph and Smith would have been held in check by Phillip. Then Ed Reed and Lewis over the top.
                          DJ and Vilma would have at the very least kept the USC run game in check.
                          QFT.. BLAM BLAO!

Comment

I'll take the 2005 Texas Longhorns over both of them. The 05 Trojans were basically the same team as the 04 Trojans and they couldn't beat Texas. Nobody could stop Vince Young that year. Nobody.

Comment

You guys are forgetting USC had the better coach. Carroll >>>>>>>>>> Coker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                                I'll take the 2005 Texas Longhorns over both of them. The 05 Trojans were basically the same team as the 04 Trojans and they couldn't beat Texas. Nobody could stop Vince Young that year. Nobody.
                                wow, i don't even know what to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information