No announcement yet.

Spring Football is here!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be surprised if Sam Keller doesn't win the starting job at Nebraska. He's getting all the hype, but Joe Ganz seems to be the favorite among the players. Matt Slauson and Maurice Purify went as far to say that he may be the favorite right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DLS42 View Post
      We found a kid to start at corner. Plus he can takle a tennessee wideout. He could be special. *stares at Syd'Quan*
      who? (10 characters)

Comment

CJ has my vote for RB. i will have to make it out to practice next week and see the new wide outs
        Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

Can anybody watch a USC practice? I'd go check out the PSU practice, but I doubt I'd look very cool getting beat down by an 80 year old man.

Comment

Originally posted by reigle9 View Post
            Can anybody watch a USC practice? I'd go check out the PSU practice, but I doubt I'd look very cool getting beat down by an 80 year old man.
            Yeah, they have huge gatherings. I've been to 2 this offseason, and have got to get some autographs from former players like Dwayne Jarrett and Lendale White(who looks a bit slimmer). Also I have been able to talk to some of the recruits like Mater Dei QB Matt Barkley and and 2006 commit Aaron Corp. I recommend if you have the chance, come down and watch a practice. It's a great experience and it's fun to watch Petes spirit along with the intensity of the players.

Comment

I feel obligated to share some pictures with you guys

Herschel Dennis

Rey "The Freaka from Eureka" Maualuga

The RBs

Comment

Air Vidal!

Comment

Huge blow to UVA today. Kevin Ogletree lost of the year (ESPN has a link, too lazy to go get it right now). He was the leading WR returning, and was going to be critical along with the 2 TE's in the development of our QB. Now, the receivers are young and raw (leading guy returning is Maurice Covington). Thankfully, it happened early, so there's time for someone to get acclimated, but it's a huge blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                    who? (10 characters)
                    Robert Peele-So and Shane Vareen-Fr

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
                    Originally posted by DLS42
                    Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.

Comment

Originally posted by DLS42 View Post
                      Robert Peele-So and Shane Vareen-Fr
                      Is Vareen playing corner or tailback at Cal?

Comment

those are some sweet pics, fight on
                        Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

USC tends to field a good team every year. lol

Here are a few pics of TX Tech's spring.

Michael Crabtree. He was the QB for Dallas Carter, a run based team. He moved to WR & RS last season. The coaches are very high on him & he was a stud in HS. A guy to watch in Mike Leach's O.

One of the DL drills to toughen up the players. Our run D leaves a lot to be desired, so here is a fun drill of DL getting used to being punched by OL.

CB Jamar Wall from Plainview, TX. He is the sterotypical West Texas HS football player. He had a 24' long jump last year & a knack for defending passes. This is a drill where you catch as many balls as you can w/o dropping them.

For those who know know about Mike Leach, his practices are not normal. His entire approach to football is not normal and we call him TSO for "The Strange One". If we can just improve our D a bit.

Apparently, I am unable to post pics.
                          Last edited by Note; 03-30-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Some nice photos I think if we can improve our defense we have a shot for the Big 12 title. I had big hopes for Daniel Johnson S but never knew what happened to him. I think Garcia is going to do great at SS but I just really don't know about our d-line to linebackers.

Comment

LSU concluded their spring practice sessions with their "super tiger bowl."

And what I can say after all of this is that Jamarcus' play will not be sorely missed, more his leadership and charisma. But it is good to have a 5th year senior step in and show his poise.

To help out the relatively new QB's Gary Crowton the new offensive coordinator has installed more bubble screen's and sweeps, along with short routes by the WR's designed to get the ball into the playmakers hands quickly. This should help out with the QB pressure.

But what I truely have to say is that LSU's stable of RB's very nearly compares to USC's. There is veteran leadership and playmaking ability, along with workhorses. Short yardage, grind it out, and big gains they posess it all.

Early Doucet, dont be surprised if he is a front runner for the Belitnikoff(sp?). LSU intends to use him and use him some more until he is gassed. His reception number in the spring game alone was 10+ with 100+ receiving yards and some amazing returns from both punts and kickoffs. His number will be called over and over, so naturally his stats will be piled high.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information