Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which will be the next program to make the BCS championship game, and when?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which will be the next program to make the BCS championship game, and when?

Just curious what the consensus is around here. Here are the list of teams who have already made the BCS title game.

Oklahoma
    Ohio State
    Florida State
    Florida
    Alabama
    LSU
    USC
    Texas
    Miami
    Tennessee
    Nebraska
    Virginia Tech

Notable names not on the poll: Iowa, Wisconsin, Clemson, Ole Miss, UCLA, West Virginia
    Auburn
    8.33%
    Boise State
    35.00%
    Georgia
    5.00%
    Michigan
    8.33%
    Notre Dame
    5.00%
    Oregon
    11.67%
    Penn State
    15.00%
    TCU
    3.33%
    Utah
    0.00%
    Other (name who)
    8.33%
    Last edited by bearsfan_51; 05-14-2010, 03:46 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

If Boise State runs the table this year, I think they'll have a great shot at getting in.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Michigan because, well, I'm a homer.

Comment

I voted Penn State. Good recruiting base and good program stability. Also, unlike the in the SEC or the ACC, only 1 team (Ohio State) has been to the NC game from the Big Ten. That's a big advantage for teams from the Big Ten and the Pac 10.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I think its easier to get to the BCS NC game as a non-OSU big10 team than a non-USC pac10 team so i picked PSU over oregon. Was tempted to pick boise but and be a homer and pick ND but I could resists

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Penn State for me..
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

If none of these teams reach it in about the next 4 years, watch out for Clemson.

Their recruiting class this year could be insane.

Aside from that, I don't see Georgia staying quiet for long, and Penn State's another good bet.

Miami could also make a play.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                If none of these teams reach it in about the next 4 years, watch out for Clemson.

Their recruiting class this year could be insane.

Aside from that, I don't see Georgia staying quiet for long, and Penn State's another good bet.

Miami could also make a play.
                Miami's already made it twice. This is a list of teams who haven't reached the title game yet.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I'm a big proponent of what Kelly is doing over there in Oregon, and although I'm not necessitating that they reach the title game this year or even the next, it's going to happen in due time. Nonetheless, October 30th @ the Coliseum could potentially be a very important date, as I see it. It's going to be a very interesting rivalry to follow over the years to see two of the greater young offensive minds in college football duke it out. Hopefully we'll pull through more often than not.

Comment

It was hard to not vote Boise. Their a team who I would of probably been upset made the Title game a few years ago, but they beat OU on the big stage, beat TCU down, continually go undefeated so I don't see why they wouldn't deserve an opportunity to go.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

This came down to Penn State, Oregon, and Boise for me. All are consistently good in recruiting and on field performance, all come from conferences that are 'due' for a title contender (USC only Pac-10 team, OSU only Big 10 team, and Boise from the WAC), and I can see either of these 3 teams competing for a title in the coming seasons, as soon as this year.

I went with Boise because I can really see them running the table this year, but I could have gone with any of those.

Comment

Out of those who haven't made it yet, I think Boise clearly is the odds on favorite to be the next. Can't sleep on TCU though. Penn State seems like they knock on the door a lot but they don't get the draw of luck to get in. In 2005 they were on pass to Mario Manningham from going undefeated in the regular season. Two years ago they slipped against Iowa. They have the talent to get there.

Comment

I want to say Boise, but I went with TCU because I like them more.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            I voted Penn State. Good recruiting base and good program stability. Also, unlike the in the SEC or the ACC, only 1 team (Ohio State) has been to the NC game from the Big Ten. That's a big advantage for teams from the Big Ten and the Pac 10.
                            This is why I voted Penn State. Oregon is also in a very similar situation. The quality of the teams in the Pac-10 has gone down in the last couple years. We don't know if USC will be able to maintain their level without Carroll. If they stay ahead of USC for another year or two, they have a legitimate shot at making the NC.

Comment

I'll say Notre Dame. They added Brian Kelly and are able to recruit nationally. They don't have the hurdle of a conference championship game and their popularity would be an advantage if the BCS had to pick between them and another team or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information