Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which will be the next program to make the BCS championship game, and when?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just going with a hunch with Auburn, but it'll depend on if Gus Malzahn stays on as the OC for a few more seasons. They're recruiting great, and having a great season in the SEC will trump other teams in other conferences.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

North Carolina

*runs*

Comment

Boise should. They lose Kyle Wilson who IMO, wasn't their best DB last season and he went in the 1st round. They return almost all of their starters coming off a BCS bowl game win. All the pieces of the puzzle are in place.

TCU lost three very good players in the draft in Hughes, Newhouse and Washington. They should win the MWC tho if Utah doesn't contest them

Comment

A lot of people are banking on Boise State doing it this year, because if they don't do it this year, I don't know when they will.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Oregon should have made the BCS title game in 2001 and played against Miami instead of that joke Nebraska team they put in there...

I'm going to say Papa Joe's Nittany Lions...

Comment

Gotta go Penn State here. Like said before, they're a manningham catch away from contending for one a few years back. Plenty of talent, just gotta avoid the big ten upsets.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
                Gotta go Penn State here. Like said before, they're a manningham catch away from contending for one a few years back. Plenty of talent, just gotta avoid the big ten upsets.
                Who's gonna be QB'in at Penn State?

Comment

Boise State has to do it this year or they're going to be waiting a whole. I went with Notre Dame, surprisingly. I think they have the schedule, recruiting, and talent to make a run in the next couple years.

Comment

auburn should of gotten the NC in 2004... :)

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

I love Boise, and I'd say them easily, but I don't see them beating VT this year. And that'll probably be their only loss, and enough to keep them out of any hope for the title game, and quite possibly enough to keep them out of the BCS altogether. I hope I'm wrong...hope hope hope it.

I went with TCU on that list. Great defense and run game gets you far, even in this era of pass happy spread offenses in the college game. While I think either TCU or Boise could stand toe to toe with any program in the country right now and have a shot, I like TCU's chances in a close game a little more than Boise's thanks to their defense.

So, with me thinking that Boise will go down vs. VT (not that I think VT is insanely good or anything, I just think they'll win that particular game this year,) I'm going with TCU. I favor them over anyone on their schedule, and while Oregon State isn't the worst team in the world, I think TCU is outright better and will win that one, which is the hardest ooc game they have. They'll go on to crush their division and work their way into top 2 consideration on an undefeated season this year and their history of success the past few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                        I'm a big proponent of what Kelly is doing over there in Oregon, and although I'm not necessitating that they reach the title game this year or even the next, it's going to happen in due time. Nonetheless, October 30th @ the Coliseum could potentially be a very important date, as I see it. It's going to be a very interesting rivalry to follow over the years to see two of the greater young offensive minds in college football duke it out. Hopefully we'll pull through more often than not.
                        Recruiting a bunch of thugs and criminals is an effective way to build a program quickly, unless of course they get caught... if not for that, Oregon would be an easy choice.

As it is, I'll say North Carolina if Butch Davis can recruit himself an offense. Outside of Miami and Virginia Tech, there just is not much standing in UNC's way of making a championship run.

Comment

this year is auburns if they can get it right.
                          -4 senior o lineman
                          -dual threat in gus malzahns offense. (huge)
                          -depth on the defense (which costed them majority of losses last year)
                          -whole coaching staff coming back.

they were a couple shady calls away from beating bama last year. im highly conifident in them this year... next year is totally different.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            I love Boise, and I'd say them easily, but I don't see them beating VT this year. And that'll probably be their only loss, and enough to keep them out of any hope for the title game, and quite possibly enough to keep them out of the BCS altogether. I hope I'm wrong...hope hope hope it.

I went with TCU on that list. Great defense and run game gets you far, even in this era of pass happy spread offenses in the college game. While I think either TCU or Boise could stand toe to toe with any program in the country right now and have a shot, I like TCU's chances in a close game a little more than Boise's thanks to their defense.

So, with me thinking that Boise will go down vs. VT (not that I think VT is insanely good or anything, I just think they'll win that particular game this year,) I'm going with TCU. I favor them over anyone on their schedule, and while Oregon State isn't the worst team in the world, I think TCU is outright better and will win that one, which is the hardest ooc game they have. They'll go on to crush their division and work their way into top 2 consideration on an undefeated season this year and their history of success the past few seasons.
                            Yeah, I'll hoping for the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              Recruiting a bunch of thugs and criminals is an effective way to build a program quickly, unless of course they get caught... if not for that, Oregon would be an easy choice.

As it is, I'll say North Carolina if Butch Davis can recruit himself an offense. Outside of Miami and Virginia Tech, there just is not much standing in UNC's way of making a championship run.
                              Florida State and Clemson are recruiting just as well as North Carolina, and for all the talk about Butch Davis being a good coach, I'm not really sure why.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                                Who's gonna be QB'in at Penn State?
                                Uhh.... I forget to elaborate on the "when" aspect of my answer.

Damn it.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information