RC's Preseason Top 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    No. Want to bet that they won't take away scholarships for extra stretching?
    I don't think they will either. But be honest... this is the stupidiest violation for a program that's never had one in 100+ of playing football. They simply didn't keep their books.

But I think because of that history of never having a problem or even really the appearance of one, I think the NCAA will be satisfied with what's already been done.

I was just curious if they had come out and said anything official yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Don't read the news much, do you?
      Michigan was listed as among those most affected by transfers too, read the whole post. With the loss of their RB & Mallett a yr ago you don't think it seriously affected the Wolverines? Sanctions are sanctions, self-imposed or not. I should have learned no tto take Sniper bait by now, but since I started the post.....

Speaking of the Wolverines, I should have added this to Tested Early, I didnt realize they played UConn in their opener. From Adam Rittenberg & ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...in-the-big-ten

Rittenberg points this out as a pivotal game for Rodriguez, & it is -- they will be favored at home & expected to win, but lose the upset to the Huskies & that will sour the whole season for them & especially for Rodriguez. You have to wonder why so many Wolverine fans are dubious at best about him, what did that say for Rodriguez' image? There are still these dark clouds over his head & he left WVA in a mess too. They went from top 5 or top 10-ranked recruiting classes to falling off the cliff, & that's on the Rodriguez image. Rod went from Welcome to Michigan! to coach on a hotseat in rcd. time.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
        Michigan was listed as among those most affected by transfers too, read the whole post.
        I did. Mallett was two years ago. We've moved on. McGuffie has a promising future, but he still got vastly outproduced by Brandon Minor in his freshman year. RB is the easiest position to replace.

Sanctions are sanctions, self-imposed or not. I should have learned no tto take Sniper bait by now, but since I started the post.....
        Point still remains that there's no scholarship reduction.

Rittenberg points this out as a pivotal game for Rodriguez, & it is -- they will be favored at home & expected to win, but lose the upset to the Huskies & that will sour the whole season for them & especially for Rodriguez. You have to wonder why so many Wolverine fans are dubious at best about him, what did that say for Rodriguez' image? There are still these dark clouds over his head & he left WVA in a mess too. They went from top 5 or top 10-ranked recruiting classes to falling off the cliff, & that's on the Rodriguez image. Rod went from Welcome to Michigan! to coach on a hotseat in rcd. time.
        Michigan should not be favored over UConn. If they are, no oddsmaker has watched Michigan over the past two years. It would be on name alone. I said the exact same thing when Michigan opened 2008 with Utah at home.

Comment

What's Andy Dalton, like a 7th year senior? It seems like he's been around forever.

Texas Tech will surprise people, end up in the top 25.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information