Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise State To MWC Could Happen By Next Week

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_15207026

Interesting article about the MWC wanting to be more aggressive than previously thought.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

They should bring Fresno State with them

Comment

I thought the baseball thing could really kill this. But I guess not. I'm ******* absolutely loving this!!!

Comment

If this happens...

MWC >>> Big East
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          If this happens...

MWC >>> Big East
          That's what I was thinking too

like I said, I'd love to see Fresno State come with them because Hill runs a great program that is consistently competes and plays well in bowl games.

And it certainly gives the MW a powerful argument for getting an automatic bid

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            That's what I was thinking too

like I said, I'd love to see Fresno State come with them because Hill runs a great program that is consistently competes and plays well in bowl games.

And it certainly gives the MW a powerful argument for getting an automatic bid
            Yeah I would love to see Fresno State in the Mountain West. Their offense is prototypical for the MW.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              Yeah I would love to see Fresno State in the Mountain West. Their offense is prototypical for the MW.
              I disagree with that part sort of. Fresno State was a really interesting matchup with Boise State last year, because so many people don't buy that Boise State's defense could stop a big, power running team. Well, Fresno State brought Ryan Mathews and Lonyae Miller, who were both big, big backs at about 230lbs each and Mathews obviously very fast and Boise State won.

Pat Hill is good at adapting his offense to his talent and as a result, he can usually provide a good measuring stick for a team like Boise State and I think they'd do very well in the MW.

Comment

I disagree with that part sort of. Fresno State was a really interesting matchup with Boise State last year, because so many people don't buy that Boise State's defense could stop a big, power running team. Well, Fresno State brought Ryan Mathews and Lonyae Miller, who were both big, big backs at about 230lbs each and Mathews obviously very fast and Boise State won.

Pat Hill is good at adapting his offense to his talent and as a result, he can usually provide a good measuring stick for a team like Boise State and I think they'd do very well in the MW.
                You lost me.

Comment

The case can be made for Fresno State to join the MWC but the case could also be made for Houston, who I feel is the slightly better choice if the Mountain West chooses to add one more team.

Houston has a larger endowment ($491 million compared to Fresno State's $91.4 million), better research facilities, boast a similar W-L record since 2002 (57-45 compared to Fresno's 63-41), and offer the Houston TV market. While Fresno State is more competitive in baseball, Houston is more competitive in basketball. Both offer the ability to serve as travel partners: Houston with TCU and Fresno State with San Diego State.

What pushes Houston above Fresno State is that their endowment is much larger, they have better research facilities, and offer a larger market. The Mountain West, even with the addition of Boise State, would still sit at ten teams which still leaves the possibility open of inviting two more teams which very well could be both Houston AND Fresno State.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    The Mountain West, even with the addition of Boise State, would still sit at ten teams which still leaves the possibility open of inviting two more teams which very well could be both Houston AND Fresno State.
                    I just came

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                      You lost me.
                      I don't think anyone in the MW can boast 2 running backs like Fresno State had last year in terms of size/speed.

Personally, I'd take Fresno State over Houston, both because it's in California as opposed to another team in Texas and has been more consistent year to year in football, but if you can get both, do it

Comment

If this happens, the Mountain West could become the best football conference in the country. They are vastly under-rated as is. They're better than the Big East, already.

If they don't get an automatic bid, I will be mad. They have 4 great teams last year. A 5th team would be unbelievable.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          If this happens, the Mountain West could become the best football conference in the country. They are vastly under-rated as is. They're better than the Big East, already.

If they don't get an automatic bid, I will be mad. They have 4 great teams last year. A 5th team would be unbelievable.
                          Not even close, but nice try

Comment

I don't think anyone in the MW can boast 2 running backs like Fresno State had last year in terms of size/speed.
                            awww ok I got you. But again, I think their high powered offense would be a nice fit in the MW.

Also Utah has a pair of very nice RBs in Wide III and Asiata. and TCU always has good RBs. BYU just lost their ******* RB to unprotected sex but they got some very talented players waiting in the wings.

No one really on Matthews level though.

Comment

Not even close, but nice try
                              Don't be jealous that they would have 5 teams that outperformed the other conferences last year, in spite of not being given fair chances at bowls due to TV ratings.

The SEC and the Big 12 are the only two conferences you could even argue that were better last year.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information