PAC 10 Expected To Invite 6 Big XII Schools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Money, prestige, television contract, and who said the MWC was going to be a BCS conference?
    There have been discussions about adding the MWC to the BCS due to their performance on the field. Adding Boise State would only strengthen their case, especially if they are added before July 1, I believe.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Stanford and Berkeley are not going to sign off on adding crappy academic schools like Texas Tech and Texas A&M.
      http://mup.asu.edu/research2009.pdf

sure about one, bud?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I've never heard anyone ask this question. Where in the world would this profit come from?
        Television.

With Boise State in the fold, the MWC would be in position to negotiate themselves a nice contract

According to the WAC President trying to make an argument for more bowl money, he showed that the WAC was doing better than the Big East and ACC in Television ratings and attendance. And that's the WAC. An improved Mountain West is going to be right in the mix and be able to negotiate themselves a nice TV contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          Haha...I thought about you when I said that.

Yes, I'm sure. I didn't look at those rankings (bizarre methodology), but Texas A&M is the 53rd ranked research university in the U.S. according to the ARWU, which is the premier ranking system for academic research.

That isn't bad (certainly not Texas Tech or Oklahoma State bad), but I included A&M because Stanford has already turned them down for academic reasons.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            Television.

With Boise State in the fold, the MWC would be in position to negotiate themselves a nice contract

According to the WAC President trying to make an argument for more bowl money, he showed that the WAC was doing better than the Big East and ACC in Television ratings and attendance. And that's the WAC. An improved Mountain West is going to be right in the mix and be able to negotiate themselves a nice TV contract.
            I would love to see the numbers that show that, on average, the WAC gets more T.V. viewers than the ACC.

Comment

From Stewart Mandel's twitter:

"Beauty of the Pac-10's plan is that it doesn't affect travel as much as you'd think. Big 12 schools would make 1 West Coast trip per season."

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_...12-partnership

Link provides information that a partnership and possible assimilation of the Big XII has been in discussions.

Below is a link that shows how the the tv ratings, revenue, attendance, and rankings are between the MWC/WAC, ACC, and Big East.
              http://www.arentfox.com/email/fishel...on%20Chart.pdf

Article the link is taken from which discusses the fairness of the BCS:
              http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-colleg...ed-to-be-fair/

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Haha...I thought about you when I said that.

Yes, I'm sure. I didn't look at those rankings (bizarre methodology), but Texas A&M is the 53rd ranked research university in the U.S. according to the ARWU, which is the premier ranking system for academic research.

That isn't bad (certainly not Texas Tech or Oklahoma State bad), but I included A&M because Stanford has already turned them down for academic reasons.
                yeah, well compared to Stanford, most school are relatively ******.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I see a lot of this as posturing.
                  The other big leagues making it known (via denied leaks) that they are prepared to be proactive.

Super conferences sounds cool, but will end up super ******.

Comment

I'd be fine with Texas to the Pac 10. I'd prefer Texas to the Big 10, but the Pac 10 sounds nice as well.

Comment

Whats wrong with the BIG XII? they're are one of the best conferences in the nation. them and the SEC are my 1a and 1b

Comment

If this happens, I guess the SEC will be coming for Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech and Clemson. Just pure guessing though.
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

SEC should go after Tech and Clemson. Renew the Clemson and South Carolina rivalry. I remember the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            If this happens, I guess the SEC will be coming for Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech and Clemson. Just pure guessing though.
                            I think Virginia Tech and West Virginia are probably the most likely. The SEC really doesn't need Georgia Tech and Clemson for anything.

Comment

Well rivalries with SCAR and and UGA, but I don't really care either way. If we do expand, Florida St. and Miami are the must gets. Anything else is just icing on the cake.
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                                Well rivalries with SCAR and and UGA, but I don't really care either way. If we do expand, Florida St. and Miami are the must gets. Anything else is just icing on the cake.
                                That's been my feeling, especially since Florida State and Miami don't have a ton of loyalty to their current conferences.

Basically keeping almost all the Florida talent in the SEC seems like a worthwhile investment to me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information