No announcement yet.

PAC 10 Expected To Invite 6 Big XII Schools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN just speculated that the Big 12 will go OOB if the Pac 10 raids 6 of their members & all 6 move west. Also that the SEC will put the Big East OOB by taking some members, UWVA for sure & maybe Louisville, they want Florida St. -- the Seminoles & Miami are safe in the ACC..... for now. I could see the SEC taking Baylor if the Pac 10 doesnt, Waco, TX is a lot closer to the South than the Left Coast.

Mtn. West just announced they arent expanding
    Last edited by LizardState; 06-07-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I hope it does happen.

Don't get me wrong, the Big 12 is one of my favorite conferences. Why do I want it? Because it would wreak some huge havoc in college football.

And I love riots.

Comment

I like how all this commotion about conference re-alignments are going on, yet we still can't get a damn playoff for CFB.

So do the conferences changes names also? Big 14? Pac16? That's gonna be weird as hell.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Pac-16 would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            I like how all this commotion about conference re-alignments are going on, yet we still can't get a damn playoff for CFB.
            I fail to see how one would lead to the other. If anything, the mega-conferences are a product of the extreme aversion to a playoff system by the major conference chairman.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Is it the NCAA avoiding a playoff system? I always thought it was the big fish schools who didn't want it. They want to keep theirs comin'.

I love this. Anything to get closer to a playoff system works for me. This is a way to get a real champion.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                I fail to see how one would lead to the other. If anything, the mega-conferences are a product of the extreme aversion to a playoff system by the major conference chairman.
                I guess I just always hear from people in charge they are not sure how a playoff would work, and how many teams, etc etc, yet moving 6+ teams from numerous conferences and changing schedules seems easier. I don't know, they probably don't go hand in hand, just seemed ironic to me, and a playoff would make more sense to get worked out then all of this.

But then again it's all about the money.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  I guess I just always hear from people in charge they are not sure how a playoff would work, and how many teams, etc etc, yet moving 6+ teams from numerous conferences and changing schedules seems easier. I don't know, they probably don't go hand in hand, just seemed ironic to me, and a playoff would make more sense to get worked out then all of this.

But then again it's all about the money.
                  Sort of. It's all about the money to those conference commissioners. If they had a playoff, they would make more money total, but they would have to split it with everyone else.

This way, the Pac-10 and the Big Ten could potentially eliminate an entire conference, push the SEC/ACC towards eliminating another one, and consolidate even more control over television contract money.

Which should answer your question D. This is a conference commissioner decision. They run the BCS, not the NCAA.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Well i guess this would bring more light to the pac 10 vs. SEC discussion.

If all 16 agree does it then become the pac-16? or would they just rename it altogether?

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                      Well i guess this would bring more light to the pac 10 vs. SEC discussion.

If all 16 agree does it then become the pac-16? or would they just rename it altogether?
                      ESPN just speculated that the Big 12 will go OOB if the Pac 10 raids 6 of their members & all 6 move west. Also that the SEC will put the Big East OOB by taking some members, UWVA for sure & maybe Louisville, they want Florida St. -- the Seminoles & Miami are safe in the ACC..... for now.
                      If your HC is named Jimbo you belong in the SEC.

Comment

dude from orangebloods.com just said all 6 schools who got invited will join pac-10

Comment

im so behind in all this stuff, but when would it take affect.. like this year or when they future schedules or what.. i have no clue.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Seems pretty interesting.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but would it make any sense for the MWC to snap up the other 4 Big 12 leftovers saying all the expansion happened.

Kansas at the very least would give the MWC a legitimate basketball powerhouse and you would think for the smaller scale schools involved the MWC would be better than being independent. Baylor and TCU could even work on a nice in state rivalry, you bring Kansas and Kansas State. Iowa State are the real leftover, but make the numbers nice, if they get Boise though that changes I guess.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

The MWC should get a BCS Bowl bid if they added Boise,Kansas,Kansas St,Iowa St. The Big 12 is gone the MWC could also get Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                                The MWC should get a BCS Bowl bid if they added Boise,Kansas,Kansas St,Iowa St. The Big 12 is gone the MWC could also get Houston.
                                Outside of Boise State, those other schools only lessen the chance that the MWC would receive a BCS bid.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information