Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC 10 Expected To Invite 6 Big XII Schools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    What happens to Kansas? Hopefully they join the Big Ten, their basketball program has to be in one of the big conferences, even if their football is weak.

    Comment


    • #62
      I'm still waiting to hear word on if they are expecting to announce a conference championship game. Seems the only logical choice, but I don't want to assume it'll happen.





      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        I'm still waiting to hear word on if they are expecting to announce a conference championship game. Seems the only logical choice, but I don't want to assume it'll happen.
        If they do end up with 16 teams, I think they pretty much have to divide the conference up and have a championship game. Even a few months ago they were discussing a possibility of a championship game so it is very logical.

        Sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • #64
          Everything I am reading points to the Pac-10 wanting a Championship game. Same with the Big Ten.

          If for some reason Colorado is the only school to go and Notre Dame goes to Big Ten.... Would Big 12 consider adding TCU to it or something?

          Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

          Comment


          • #65
            With the expansion they will definitely have a championship game. The football side of it in addition to the added revenue make it pretty impossible to pass up.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

            Comment


            • #66
              This just happened:


              Kansas' Athletic Director Lew Perkins just resigned

              Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
                Everything I am reading points to the Pac-10 wanting a Championship game. Same with the Big Ten.

                If for some reason Colorado is the only school to go and Notre Dame goes to Big Ten.... Would Big 12 consider adding TCU to it or something?
                I was thinking about this, because I mean, not every school has to leave right? I know people assume if Texas goes the rest will follow, but what if a good number of Big XII schools stay put, or decline offers, couldn't they just offer TCU, Houston, Boise St or some number of teams to keep it going?


                I guess it just seems logical that it'll be tore apart but I just wasn't sure.

                I think schools like TCU and Boise should be able to jump in with one of the bigger conferences, or someone should send out an invite, they shouldn't continually get shafted year after year.



                Anyone hear if Notre Dame is leaning towards the Big 10 also?





                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                  What happens to Kansas? Hopefully they join the Big Ten, their basketball program has to be in one of the big conferences, even if their football is weak.
                  One rumor is that Syracuse and Rutgers would join the Big 10, and that Kansas and either Missouri or Kansas State would replace them.

                  J


                  Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Looks like the demise of the Big XII was premature by everyone.





                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Looks like the demise of the Big XII was premature by everyone.
                      I for one am really glad that's the case. Sure there would be some new interesting rivalries if UT were to join the Pac-10, but the current rivalries are just so damn good with OU and A&M. The Red River Shootout is always my most anticipated game of the year, not to mention an extremely fun game to go to.

                      I know OU was saying they would go where UT goes, but I'd hate to lose A&M.
                      Last edited by cunningham06; 06-18-2010, 07:45 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        There are two ways the Pac10 can divide themselves and both are North and South.

                        There's Option A:
                        North
                        Cal
                        Oregon
                        Oregon State
                        Stanford
                        Washington
                        Washington State

                        South
                        Arizona
                        Arizona State
                        Colorado
                        UCLA
                        USC
                        Utah

                        and then there is Option B:

                        North
                        Colorado
                        Oregon
                        Oregon State
                        Utah
                        Washington
                        Washington State

                        South
                        Arizona
                        Arizona State
                        Cal
                        Stanford
                        UCLA
                        USC

                        I lean towards Option A myself.

                        Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                        Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Larry Scott officially announced that new Pac 10 will be called Pac 12. "We like to be mathematically correct."

                          Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                          Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            This is pretty exciting. I welcome an expansion of the Pac-10 and the invention of a championship game.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information