Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    Or it's the textbook definition of it
    It's cheating in accordance to the absurd rules of the NCAA that refuse to reward the athletes, but since those suck, I refuse to see it as cheating.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      It's cheating in accordance to the absurd rules of the NCAA that refuse to reward the athletes, but since those suck, I refuse to see it as cheating.
      Yea, free college must be rough.

I'm painfully aware of your "I didn't agree to it, so it's not cheating" philosophy in your role as the Steroid Lobbyist

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        In that case, all scholarships will be returned and restriction lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
          As a son of the city of Dallas, those of you calling this harsh have no perspective. Unless it's the death penalty, piss off.
          Seriously. They're still not fully recovered, likely never will, though the current state of SMU football is optimistic.

I love this Aaron Rodgers tweet:

@AaronRodgers12: Looking forward to getting my PAC-10 championship ring from the '04 season. Thanks @claymatthews52

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

What USC exacly does to earn this ban?

Comment

Recruiting Gurus: Any insight on how this affects the current recruiting landscape?
              It's an all bets are off situation, letters of intent to play for SC are meaningless now. That's what happened at Bama when they got their 2nd probation when the NCAA brought the hammer down, later All Americans Marcus McNeil & Ronnie Brown among many others had committed to Bama then suddenly joined the flood of recruits who went to Auburn, when SMU got the death penalty in '87 I think all their recruits except one cleared out the next day & went elsewhere. BTW the film Necessary Roughness was based on the SMU death penalty experience & the entire Southwest Conference collapsing b/c of corruption the previous yr.

Now those former SW Conference members who joined the Big 12 are being lured away by big $ & the Big 12 is an odds-on favorite to be OOB within a yr. so I guess what goes around, comes around.

It was common knowledge at USC athletics that boosters were funneling $ through 3rd party dummy companies to pay for Reggie Bush's family's condo there, & when asked about it by reporters 5 yrs. ago Bush & his roommate Matt Leinert just said No Comment & gave the sports press ****-eating grins. Mayo was as guilty as it got. Who is grinning now at USC? Carroll who dodged this bullet when he clearly saw it coming by running to the NFL & the same people who saw their singular conference dominance collapse last season to teams in the state of Oregon & to Stanford?

What's surprising is it took so long to happen -- the NCAA is like the wheels of justice, they grind slowly but they grind fine. The NCAA was lenient when you consider they could have given them the death penalty too. Apparently it's all in how the school's response Wed. is carefully worded by their attys, it's called the Come to Jesus letter for programs under investigation for a good reason.

The tarnished image of USC athletics & the hypocrisy should surprise no one since this is the athletic dept. that hid away OJ Simpson's Heisman photo from the trophy case when he was indicted for double homicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                As a son of the city of Dallas, those of you calling this harsh have no perspective. Unless it's the death penalty, piss off.
                Preach.

Also I think it's pretty lame how Carroll and Bush can do shady crap, leave to the NFL, and the new players who come along get punished. That's pretty damn weak.

So basically if they go 12-0 in the regular season their season is just over? This should be an interesting end of the season for the next 2 seasons because with Oregon down USC was bound to make a push for one of the next two NC games.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Its not really on Bush and Pete, its more like blaming the athletic department. They had to know something was up.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                    Its not really on Bush and Pete, its more like blaming the athletic department. They had to know something was up.
                    Yeah I read on ESPN.com that the basketball program was in on it too. It's the boosters buying these guys cars, not the coaches.
                    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

If USC wins the pac 10, does the 2nd best team now go to the rose bowl?
                      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

I think this means that the USC junior and senior football players can transfer without sitting out a year doesn't it? Even if they stay the good ones would almost certainly leave a year early with no chance of winning a title I would think. Also Matt Barkley won't get a chance to win any more than one national championship and one more bowl game at USC....though I think it might increase his chances of staying all four years considering he'll not want to leave USC after three years and two non-bowl years.

Comment

It's the boosters buying these guys cars, not the coaches.
                          It was the totally out of control boosters from various schools in the South that pimped the Memphis players for sale (at $100K a pop) scandal in the late 90s too, the ones who paid the 6 figs for players at Bama that got them the 2nd probation were banned for life from the program, I hope the same fate awaits those at USC. Other boosters who paid for players there got Kentucky HC Hal Mumme fired before he even coached his 1st game & Tennessee & Memphis U. put under the NCAA microscope, now the Vols program is under investigation with results pending -- ironic that Kiffin is involved with both schools isn't it? He had to know this was coming with its stiff penalties (20 lost scholarships? could be a program killer) when he took the SC job, well, he wanted the megabucks that came with it.....

Update: one of the banned for life Memphis Bama boosters was found in rural Tennessee about 2 yrs ago slumped over the steering wheel of his car with a bullet hole in his head, you don't think they take their FB seriously there? I'm not saying they should shoot the USC boosters at fault here, but they didn't really do more than put up a facade of legality with their shameless player bribery in these incidents, they s/b banned from USC for life for terminal dumbness. The bottom line as far as the NCAA is concerned is that it's always the program's responsibility to control its boosters, end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post

It's not on Bush? The guy who took all the money and perks? Ha.

And if you really believe that a college head coach does not know every single thing that happens with his team, I really don't know what to tell you. They have plausible deniability, but they damn well know what's going on. Hey, there's my heisman candidate running back with a car he can't possibly afford... must have won a contest of some sort

Comment

Originally posted by CC View Post
                              In that case, all scholarships will be returned and restriction lifted.
                              Ah okay, so that money is definitely worth the fact that they make the school millions upon millions of dollars and don't ever see a dime.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

if there was any year for UW to make the Rose Bowl, it will definitely be next year. 'SC is down even further now (My impression was they were down already before this) and Oregon no longer has Masoli and they should be getting some sort of wake up call soon since they are killin it when it comes to arrests. Oregon State vs. Washington is going to be the deciding game for the Pac-10 championship. The Pac-16 West title is going to be wide open next year assuming things fall how they are looking.
                                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information