Two year post-season ban for USC Trojans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
    Dear god haha who wouldn't want him if he does leave.. like somebody said if he didn't sign officially yet and was waiting for the results that came out today, why would he go there if he can't play to win? Other than USC weather of course..

Seantrel should probably sign/transfer to UNC! Him and James Hurst would be sex..
    If I remember correctly, USC and Miami were his top two choices so Im guessing he would go to Miami if he goes anywhere but who knows.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      Yes, but the point is every football player on scholarship at USC, for example, is essentially being paid $40K+ a year when all is said and done. The scholarship limit is what, like 80 something? That's $3.2M being paid out to just football players every year.

Now, I don't have the time or resources to go about looking up how much certain football programs generate in revenue vs. how much they spend on players' scholarships. But most BCS universities will probably spend between $1-4M per yera in scholarships. I'd be interested to see how much certain programs generate by themselves, and then how much their ADs generate in total.

I'm wondering to anyone who thinks college athletes should be compensated further (not just Brodeur, anyone who feels this way), on how/how much you feel they should be compensated. I think it'd be an interesting discussion to see how valuable we feel certain athletes would be worth with relation to revenues.
      Schools make like 5mil off bowl games so USC gets their money back plus more

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        I also heard rumors that players whose eligibility is up in the next two years can transfer without sitting out a year.
        They should let Rojo and Nick Perry transfer to Michigan! :D

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
        If I remember correctly, USC and Miami were his top two choices so Im guessing he would go to Miami if he goes anywhere but who knows.
        Fairly sure Ohio State was his number two. For the love of God, don't let him transfer!

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
          Schools make like 5mil off bowl games so USC gets their money back plus more
          If you're Notre Dame, you get about $4 million. If you're in a conference, you're divying up about $16 million

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            If you're Notre Dame, you get about $4 million. If you're in a conference, you're divying up about $16 million
            Yea, and that's before bowl prep./travel expenses are taken out. Iowa, for instance, cleared less than $100K I think from the Orange Bowl.

As to Seantrell, his second place was most definitely Ohio St. Also, if he has started practicing this spring/summer, I don't think he can get out of his letter/transfer because it might be considered his first year has started. I could be wrong though.

Comment

I was told by Seantrel Henderson personally that his No. 2 choice was Miami, but maybe he was lying to me. He also told me the coaches assured him that nothing serious would happen to USC with the pending (at the time) sanctions.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I like how the spokesman of the NCAA infractions committee stated that he wants other programs to know if they cheat this punishment is out there for them.

Ohhhh, so basically we were made an example of? that's fair.

And to answer everyone's questions about reggie bush.. the marketing people felt they were owed 350,000 dollars from improper benefits. Reggie could have easily settled out of court and the whole thing probably would have dissoled away.

30 scholarships?!?!? for fuck's sake! why not just dissolve the entire football program?

**** the infraction's committee and the NCAA. and a big **** you to reggie bush. Now i could care less that you suck in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                  As a son of the city of Dallas, those of you calling this harsh have no perspective. Unless it's the death penalty, piss off.
                  This was a lack of institutional control it had nothing to do with boosters giving players administering improper benefits.

Also, these cases involved only two players while SMU involved well over 20.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                      I like how the spokesman of the NCAA infractions committee stated that he wants other programs to know if they cheat this punishment is out there for them.

Ohhhh, so basically we were made an example of? that's fair
                      It is fair, considering how many rules were broken and the severity of the rules that were broken.

Comment

30 scholarships?!?!? for fuck's sake! why not just dissolve the entire football program?
                        Yeah, poor USC. Now, it's only going to be eight top-100 players per class instead of 12. Exaggerate a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          Yeah, poor USC. Now, it's only going to be eight top-100 players per class instead of 12. Exaggerate a bit more.
                          it's only an 85 man roster, including players able to transfer out free of will now...

but this helped me out a bit:

Originally posted by Matt Barkley
                          I came here to get a degree from one of the best universities in the country and that's still my plan

If we can only play 13 games this year then we will try to win all 13. I look forward to every opportunity I get to play football at USC

Comment

it's only an 85 man roster, including players able to transfer out free of will now...

but this helped me out a bit:
                            By "get degree from one of the best universities in the country" he really meant, pound some of the hottest ***** in the country.
                            Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Hahaha douchebags I don't feel at all for them, they all probably roll in Escalades and ****

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Stay Classy, Minnesota...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information