This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
    Well that is all according to "sources." Let's just wait until tomorrow for some official word.

Haha ya.... According to ESPN website sources are saying Texas is going to pac 10

ESPN needs to get their stuff straight.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• if you report every thing you hear, eventually you'll be right?

still hoping A&M bails for the SEC

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• So if the Big 12 stays at 10, what are the chances they add 2 of TCU/Utah/BYU, after the MWC just added Boise St. to help their argument of being a stronger conference?

If two of those teams bolt for the Big 12, the MWC will be relegated back to an outsider looking in again. There's no way that the MWC minus say TCU and Utah can be considered a BCS conference.

Comment

• Rice and Houston come to mind

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I hope TAMU to SEC is true, I've been dying to see the SEC expand to Texas for some time.

Comment

• I want Texas to stay(or at least not join the Pac-11), but I also want TAMU to join the SEC. So not sure if I like this or not.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
                ESPN though saying it was imminent changed their stance on ESPN Dallas they are saying Texas A&M is backing away from SEC, also said Texas was standoff ish and saying the TV deal will in fact bring a Big 12 Network

I have heard they plan to invite two C-USA teams but not sure who
                I think Houston is a lock for Big 12 expansion back to 12 teams. Other teams could be Rice, SMU, Tulsa or maybe UTEP.

I would expect the Pac10 to continue looking to expand in order to add a championship game rather than staying at 11 members. A sort of keeping-up-with-the-Jones' mentality since every other BCS conference will have a championship game outside of the Big East.

And I do not think any MWC school will want to leave. It's just their mentality that they are building something great on their own. I could be very wrong, though.
                Last edited by diabsoule; 06-14-2010, 03:20 PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

• I hope the Big 12 does stay around. It'd be a shame to see them steal any quality teams from Mountain West after they just added Boise.

I'm guessing A&M would rather stay in a Big 12 than move to anywhere.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• If they get two mid-major teams then Houston and SMU would be ideal.

Comment

• ***RUMOR***

According to a poster on the Northwestern Rivals site with a contact inside the Big Ten office, the Big Ten and Texas are trying to work something out under the table. Apparently Texas doesn't want to go public until the rest of the teams in the Big XII find homes (Big Ten would take Missouri but they wouldn't take Oklahoma or Texas Tech under any circumstances).

http://northwestern.rivals.com/showm...id=901&style=2

He hasn't updated his information in a couple of days, after he was asked to stop posting this "leaked" information on the message board. I have no idea if it is true or not, but it is interesting nonetheless. It's no secret that the Big Ten covets Texas and they would be easily the most powerful conference in the country if they can get Texas, Missouri, Notre Dame, and one other team.

Also, the rumored new Big Ten logo if the conference expands to 16 teams is as follows:

http://b16ten.org/

Comment

• That is an awesome B16 Ten logo.

However, I'm sad I can no longer refer to the Big Ten as the Big XI. :(

Comment

• If Dan Beebe's insanely stupid plan of keeping the Big XII together by letting Texas have their own TV Network and keep every dime of it to themselves, I'd be surprised if they were willing to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            If you're a Big XII team not named Oklahoma or Texas, why would you want to stay in the Big XII if you can go to the PAC-10? You are being bent over on the current TV deal. It's the entire reason Colorado and Nebraska left and why Missouri wants out so badly.
                            The Big 12's current TV deal is about up, and there is only 10 teams to share the money between now.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                              The Big 12's current TV deal is about up, and there is only 10 teams to share the money between now.
                              Yes, Dan Beebe's current plan is to let Texas keep every dime they make on their proposed TV Network they want to themselves.

If I'm a Big XII team, I want out and I want out yesterday so I can get a bigger piece of the pot. No other conference has this kind of set up

And the pot is smaller without Nebraska and Colorado

Comment

• On the other hand, if Beebe is reporting/proposing it, it is likely to be the furthest thing from realistically happening.

But yea, I can't see Texas giving that up. Also, the part about Texas wanting to make sure the other schools have somewhere to go really doesn't sound like the Texas m.o. either.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information