This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    Yes, Dan Beebe's current plan is to let Texas keep every dime they make on their proposed TV Network they want to themselves.

If I'm a Big XII team, I want out and I want out yesterday so I can get a bigger piece of the pot. No other conference has this kind of set up
    I have no idea about what the new TV deal would be, just saying why schools would possibly stay.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• http://newsok.com/article/3468519

"In the last two days, Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe put together a television-contract proposal that would net each Big 12 school at least $14 million and as much as $20 million per year for heavyweights Texas and Oklahoma. Additionally, each school would be allowed to pursue its own network, which could reap even more money for the Sooners and Longhorns."

"The Big 12 is not expected to consider expansion. “Ten is all anyone wants at this point,” the Big 12 source. “There’s not a feeling of trepidation. This opens up some opportunities” non-conference."

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Don't be foolish A&M. You have the option of making out like a bandit, or getting bent over. Not only will Texas continue to have a monopoly over the conference, but now with only 10 teams, they'll have no championship game. They'll be raking in marginably more money, and competing for BCS bowls year in and year out now that the conference is weaker.

Aggies should be in the streets at College Station rallying with "SEC!" chants. They all want to move to the SEC as well.
        Last edited by TitanHope; 06-14-2010, 05:49 PM.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• ESPN mentioned that Texas and Texas A&M are staying in the Big 12 because of a 20-25 million dollar a year deal.

Comment

• Ladies and gentlemen, the Pac-15 is coming.

Or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
              ESPN mentioned that Texas and Texas A&M are staying in the Big 12 because of a 20-25 million dollar a year deal.
              A&M wouldn't make that much money. Only Texas would because of the profitability of their own network.

Comment

• Texas, A&M, and OU just told the rest of the B12 to bend over and take it .. not only were the rest of the members happy to do it, but they raw dogged it.

That's basically an explanation of what happened today.

Comment

• I think the 7 teams outside of UT, OU, and TAMU got bent over. I really hate the idea of a conference not having a championship game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

• I still think this is all a smokescreen, and we'll see Pac-10 badges all over UT's campus sometime next week.

Comment

• I was pretty dissappointed to hear the news that Texas, Ok, Ok. st. etc. weren't coming to the Pac 10. I really think it would have made for some great football. Being a Cal fan, I can't say I've been too fond of Texas since Mack Brown boxed us out of our Rose Bowl opportunity and Texas Tech added insult to injury by running up the score on us, but after reading some comments like these (http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...at-this-point), I've got a new respect for Texas fans.

Comment

• My favorite post from a Texas fan from that site:
                        I was indifferent, but now I'm pissed, too. After all the dust settles, going to the Pac-10 would be the best idea by far. Anything else wouldn't even be close to initiating a new era of glory for UT. ******* epic football games; the baseball would be out of this ******* world, basketball would still be good with the Pac-10 recently really getting on the map (Cal, UW, Ore, etc.).

In the "we didn't start it but we'll finish it" realm, that's how I feel. At first I was delighted to see Dodds and co. jockey for self protection, and I thought they pulled out a true gem with the realignment to the Pac 10. Once I got used to this idea, I ******* loved it. It is, was, and will be BY ******* FAR the best thing in almost every aspect, including revenue.

Now today I hear it's all just a clusterfuck over TV revenues, really isn't much to do with the fanbase, and will result in perhaps ******* ourselves in an even weaker piece of **** Big 12. Oh goody, we get more TV money, and run the block again. But it's a ******* decrepid block full of crack whores. I'm still a-waitin' to see how this HUGE Big 12 package will shake out, considering that most networks wouldn't touch half the Big 12 matchups with an AIDS-infested dick.

And to top it off, we are (were, whatever the ****) on the verge of losing aggy for nearly good, only to find they've jumped back into this dysfunctional trailer with us again. ****, **** ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still hold out hope for the Pac 10. If so, jeezuz I will spend more money on travel than a drunken ***** on rubbers. But if not, all we have to look forward to are more absoutlely ******* ****** home games (jeezuz I'm tired of trying to pump up our opponents' skills... outside of OU they ALL suck, KSU a glaring exception, too).

******* dangle a golden carrot of Pac-10 and it turns into a Big (10) 12 whatever the **** even more lame turd.

******* Longhorn network... **** that, too. That's the cause of this ********.

OK, I'm a little "not" indifferent...

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          ***RUMOR***

According to a poster on the Northwestern Rivals site with a contact inside the Big Ten office, the Big Ten and Texas are trying to work something out under the table. Apparently Texas doesn't want to go public until the rest of the teams in the Big XII find homes (Big Ten would take Missouri but they wouldn't take Oklahoma or Texas Tech under any circumstances).

http://northwestern.rivals.com/showm...id=901&style=2

He hasn't updated his information in a couple of days, after he was asked to stop posting this "leaked" information on the message board. I have no idea if it is true or not, but it is interesting nonetheless. It's no secret that the Big Ten covets Texas and they would be easily the most powerful conference in the country if they can get Texas, Missouri, Notre Dame, and one other team.

Also, the rumored new Big Ten logo if the conference expands to 16 teams is as follows:

http://b16ten.org/
                          If this is real that would be crazy. The B16 would challenge the SEC to be the best Conference. The Pac 10 looks not so smart now since they can't get Boise.

Comment

• So, basically, everyone just "lost" in this entire thing in the last 12 hours. Am I understanding that right? At least from a fan perspective.

(Aside from Mizzou, Kansas, Baylor, etc., who have to be thanking their lucky stars.)
                            Last edited by TitanHope; 06-15-2010, 03:45 AM.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Sitting in Texas, I can say that the idea of UT in the Pacc 10 was not well received. Playing the Arizona schools, USC and UCLA was fine, but the idea of having annual trips to Oregon and Washington--not good. There was a substantial amount of pressure brought through the state legislature as well. Kansas probably would have done well. The Big East was reportedly interested. Missouri or Kansas State as well.

What next?

As it stands, Baylor may not be the only private school much longer. Asking TCU to join makes way too much sense. Back when the Big XII formed, TCU was ticked at not getting an invite, when Baylor did. The Big XII is a BCS conference, and the Mountain West might become one.

After that, Air Force or BYU?

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                Sitting in Texas, I can say that the idea of UT in the Pacc 10 was not well received. Playing the Arizona schools, USC and UCLA was fine, but the idea of having annual trips to Oregon and Washington--not good. There was a substantial amount of pressure brought through the state legislature as well. Kansas probably would have done well. The Big East was reportedly interested. Missouri or Kansas State as well.

What next?

As it stands, Baylor may not be the only private school much longer. Asking TCU to join makes way too much sense. Back when the Big XII formed, TCU was ticked at not getting an invite, when Baylor did. The Big XII is a BCS conference, and the Mountain West might become one.

After that, Air Force or BYU?

J
                                TCU and Baylor have some bad blood. TCU won't join with Baylor in the conference. I still am suspicious of all of this. A 10 team Big 12? Seems like too much of a step back for the teams around Texas. I guess we'll see.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information