Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you Big 12 fans rather Houston or BYU receive an invitation to join the conference along with TCU should an offer be extended?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Still telling ya, TCU's bad blood with Baylor won't allow them to join the Big 12, they won't do it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
        Still telling ya, TCU's bad blood with Baylor won't allow them to join the Big 12, they won't do it.
        Doesn't their bad blood stem from not being invited to join the Big 12 when it was created? Wouldn't an invite now off-set the jilting they received back then?

WHO DAT!

Comment

Still telling ya, TCU's bad blood with Baylor won't allow them to join the Big 12, they won't do it.
          You really think they'd turn down that sort of revenue increase?

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          Doesn't their bad blood stem from not being invited to join the Big 12 when it was created? Wouldn't an invite now off-set the jilting they received back then?
          Yes, at the time of the Big XII's formation, Ann Richards was our governor. She is a Baylor alum, and basically used her political power to makes sure that Baylor wasnt left out of the Big XII.

I don't think an invite would settle things. I have to believe that they'd accept an invite, but they have been waiting 15 years for the universe to bite Baylor in the ass.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
            Not a chance.

Picture this. You're allowed to invite 5 of your friends somewhere, and the 6th person feels pissed they're left out. When one of your 5 drop, is the 6th person gonna just be excited to go, or still pissed that they're your #6 friend.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
              Not a chance.

Picture this. You're allowed to invite 5 of your friends somewhere, and the 6th person feels pissed they're left out. When one of your 5 drop, is the 6th person gonna just be excited to go, or still pissed that they're your #6 friend.
              Depends on what the event is but like Brent said, do you think TCU would turn down the revenue and exposure they would receive in the Big XII just to stay in the Mountain West and stick it to Baylor?

WHO DAT!

Comment

Then they would say, "Just kidding."

It might take them 10 seconds to make up their mind, but probably not. The BCS is that big a deal for them. Also, the baseball in the Big XII is stellar. In case anyone failed to notice, the Frogs are in the WS.

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                Would you Big 12 fans rather Houston or BYU receive an invitation to join the conference along with TCU should an offer be extended?
                BYU, by lots and lots. FYI I live in Texas.

Are they going to call it the Big X this season?

J
                Last edited by onejayhawk; 06-20-2010, 02:48 AM.

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  Depends on what the event is but like Brent said, do you think TCU would turn down the revenue and exposure they would receive in the Big XII just to stay in the Mountain West and stick it to Baylor?
                  I think they could, but Utah going to the Pac 10 could hurt the chances. With Utah and Boise they're likely to get a BCS bid, but without Utah they won't.

If I'm TCU I'd much rather be in the Big 12. They'd be a better program and bigger player than Baylor anyway.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• TCU should join the Big 12 because of Baylor, itd be a nice kick to the gut to Baylor to have TCU in anyway after pulling strings to exclude them 15 years ago, and to also have TCU beating the crap out of Baylor in football and prolly most other things year round. It would also give them great exposure and added revenue which has already been said and is the main reason they should go to the Big 12 if invited

https://twitter.com/#!/DarthSharkPanch

Comment

• Originally posted by dj825 View Post
                      TCU should join the Big 12 because of Baylor, itd be a nice kick to the gut to Baylor to have TCU in anyway after pulling strings to exclude them 15 years ago, and to also have TCU beating the crap out of Baylor in football and prolly most other things year round. It would also give them great exposure and added revenue which has already been said and is the main reason they should go to the Big 12 if invited
                      Being in a conference does pertain to more than sports. Yes, that is the moneymaker, but you have to respect the schools in there with you because you have to work with them...a lot. I think this goes a bit deeper than football.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Being in a conference does pertain to more than sports. Yes, that is the moneymaker, but you have to respect the schools in there with you because you have to work with them...a lot. I think this goes a bit deeper than football.
                        very true and that is something i did overlook for my post, TCU and Baylor will have to work together in a sense but that being said TCU cant ignore an offer from the Big 12 because theyll have to work with Baylor due to the positives in terms of recruitment and visibility.

https://twitter.com/#!/DarthSharkPanch

Comment

• It sucks that schools like TCU and BYU are being held back because of their names and affiliations.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                            It sucks that schools like TCU and BYU are being held back because of their names and affiliations.
                            I would be shocked if that were the case. It's likely that they are being held back because they are not money-making institutions on the level of other schools.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• BYU gets held back because of religion.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                                BYU gets held back because of religion.
                                Yes...and no. A big factor is not being willing to play on Sundays. The issue with adding those schools to a conference generally has to do with academia and the interaction between schools via a conference of academia.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information