Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Conference Expansion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
    Colorado, will look odd in the Pac 10. Will the PAC 10 change names?
    They should add one more team an change the name to 12 pack
    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

    Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      Air Force and BYU? I can understand BYU but why not go after Utah as well?
      I would have thought TCU and BYU then maybe Utah and maybe even Boise State but Air Force threw me off a little until I looked at some stats.


      Air Force has been finishing in the top helf of the MWC in pretty much every sport for the past few years. They have made the NCAA Tourney in Basketball alot and in football they consistently make it to a bowl game.


      Looks like we wil find out today though.

      Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

      Comment


      • #18
        Boise State is joining the Mountain West

        http://twitter.com/schadjoe


        Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

        Comment


        • #19
          Someone said on Penn State's premium message board that Scott Van Pelt(I think?) said that Virginia Tech could be moving to the SEC.

          Comment


          • #20
            Like the move for Nebraska.. the basketball program will get raped, but if they can come that close to beating Texas in football with Michigan down and OSU always vunerable Nebraska can play with that conference. Personally, I am just talking sports wise, not academics..money, all that jazz.

            The Colorado move was minor to me.. I am not sure what to think about it. I guess it makes sense academically? They certainly won't be compeating unless they were to move to the Mountain West or WAC lol.

            Boise to the MWC will be an exciting conference with BYU, Utah, and TCU.
            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
            Coples is that dude.
            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

            Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

            Comment


            • #21
              This is a sad sad day in Kansas City. The fall of the Big 12, not only hurts the local rivalries, but it puts a serious damper on local college sporting event in this city. No more Big 12 Title game at Arrowhead. No more Big 12 Basketball Tournament at Sprint Arena. No more MU vs KU Armagedon Game at Arrowhead.

              As a MU guy, I really hope that the Big 10 gives us an invitation to join. Looks like the entire Big 12 South, minus Baylor, will be invited to the Pac 10. That leaves KU, K-State, Iowa St and MU out in the cold. KU is strong enough in basketball that they should get into another BCS Conference, but KSU and ISU will be lucky if the Missouri Valley offers them a spot. Neither team has much to offer in $$$, recruiting base or large market followings.

              The Big 12 should have been much more proactive in the past few years and tried to get a better tv deal, start their own network or find a way to create more $$$. It looks as though they sat on their hands for to long and all the bigger conferences are now taking advantage of the opportunity.

              I'm old enough to remember somethings about the Big 8, but most of my college sports memories are from Big 12 schools, games and events that I attended. It's going to be a rough transition for me to watch MU in the Big 10. At least the next games I go to will envolve Ohio St, Penn St or Michigan.

              The Bigger questions with this new Super Conferencses and their alignment together will be the future of the NCAA and will their be a new college orginization formed? If the SEC, Big 10 and the Pac 10 all aglig together and form a new college orginization, than the NCAA will go bye bye and athletes may start to receive some payment.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                Someone said on Penn State's premium message board that Scott Van Pelt(I think?) said that Virginia Tech could be moving to the SEC.

                Probably will not happen but I would love it as probably anybody in the ACC would.

                http://www.roanoke.com/sports/vtfootball/wb/249964
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                Comment


                • #23
                  Question for anyone that has more information on it than myself. If a school changes confrences does it become official as of the 2012 season in football?

                  How about other sports?

                  Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
                    Question for anyone that has more information on it than myself. If a school changes confrences does it become official as of the 2012 season in football?

                    How about other sports?
                    Depends on the school and the conference contracts. For the Big 12 teams, I believe that is the case.

                    And yes, they will switch in all sports. Only possible exception would be Notre Dame if they go to a conference.

                    This will likely go on for awhile, so I have stickied the thread.


                    Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Boise will join in July 2011.. ESPN Bottomline..
                      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                      Coples is that dude.
                      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                      Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                        Depends on the school and the conference contracts. For the Big 12 teams, I believe that is the case.

                        And yes, they will switch in all sports. Only possible exception would be Notre Dame if they go to a conference.

                        This will likely go on for awhile, so I have stickied the thread.
                        Thanks, wonder how long Boise State will have to wait.

                        I heard that the basketball changes will take place in 2011 for the confrences. So I was just wondering if that was true or not.

                        Thanks for the sticky.

                        Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                          This is a sad sad day in Kansas City. The fall of the Big 12, not only hurts the local rivalries, but it puts a serious damper on local college sporting event in this city. No more Big 12 Title game at Arrowhead. No more Big 12 Basketball Tournament at Sprint Arena. No more MU vs KU Armagedon Game at Arrowhead.

                          As a MU guy, I really hope that the Big 10 gives us an invitation to join. Looks like the entire Big 12 South, minus Baylor, will be invited to the Pac 10. That leaves KU, K-State, Iowa St and MU out in the cold. KU is strong enough in basketball that they should get into another BCS Conference, but KSU and ISU will be lucky if the Missouri Valley offers them a spot. Neither team has much to offer in $$$, recruiting base or large market followings.

                          The Big 12 should have been much more proactive in the past few years and tried to get a better tv deal, start their own network or find a way to create more $$$. It looks as though they sat on their hands for to long and all the bigger conferences are now taking advantage of the opportunity.

                          I'm old enough to remember somethings about the Big 8, but most of my college sports memories are from Big 12 schools, games and events that I attended. It's going to be a rough transition for me to watch MU in the Big 10. At least the next games I go to will envolve Ohio St, Penn St or Michigan.

                          The Bigger questions with this new Super Conferencses and their alignment together will be the future of the NCAA and will their be a new college orginization formed? If the SEC, Big 10 and the Pac 10 all aglig together and form a new college orginization, than the NCAA will go bye bye and athletes may start to receive some payment.
                          I am still holding out hope that They grab UTEP and maybe Houston make it the Big South Confrence or something.
                          I was thinking TCU maybe if it wasn't for Boise State joining the MWC.


                          Brings up the question of if MWC will turn into a BCS Confrence now? If the Big 12 Falls will they get the automatic Bid?

                          Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                            Boise will join in July 2011.. ESPN Bottomline..
                            Thanks, was wondering on that one.

                            Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              According to Joe Schad Kansas and Kansas State are looking like candidates to join the MWC which should lock up an Auto BCS big by 2012.

                              Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
                                According to Joe Schad Kansas and Kansas State are looking like candidates to join the MWC which should lock up an Auto BCS big by 2012.
                                That's what I was assuming as well. It makes sense for KU and KSU to join the MWC and legitimize that conference. Only other option would be to join with Baylor, Iowa State, Houston, UTEP, SMU, Rice, and Tulsa and form a conference together.

                                Kansas
                                Kansas State
                                Baylor
                                Iowa State
                                Houston
                                UTEP
                                SMU
                                Rice
                                Tulsa
                                Last edited by diabsoule; 06-11-2010, 02:00 PM.

                                Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                                Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information