Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of people still think Notre Dame is going to cave and join the Big Ten in a few years, which would free up spot in the Big East.

Comment

• I know I am kinda late on this, but did TCU consider there other sports besides football when they decided to move to the Big East. Their poor basketball team. They are currently 1-10 in the Mountain West play. Man, that terrible. What are they gonna do in the Big East yikes! De-Paul vs. TCU...EPIC basketball game.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
        I know I am kinda late on this, but did TCU consider there other sports besides football when they decided to move to the Big East. Their poor basketball team. They are currently 1-10 in the Mountain West play. Man, that terrible. What are they gonna do in the Big East yikes! De-Paul vs. TCU...EPIC basketball game.
        Everyday I open up the paper and see DePaul's conference losing streak continue to grow, and I just continue to laugh. They need to get the hell out of the Big East asap. Blue Demons belong in CUSA where they can actually compete.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
          Everyday I open up the paper and see DePaul's conference losing streak continue to grow, and I just continue to laugh. They need to get the hell out of the Big East asap. Blue Demons belong in CUSA where they can actually compete.
          I think the Atlantic 10 would be a better fit for DePaul.

Comment

• Vilanova to the Big East:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...e-to-big-east/

Comment

• Good news for the Big East. Now if they could just find a way to drop DePaul, Marquette, and force Notre Dame to make a decision.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Nova should have always been D-1 even though it isn't a football school.

Pretty interesting.
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• http://omaha.com/article/20110313/NE...-and-wrestling Not big News but University of Nebraska at Omaha will go to the Summit League but will drop Football and Wrestling. I think it is stupid because those are two of the only sports they are good at along with Hockey. I think the Wrestling team just Won a National Title and will not be able to do the Sport anymore.

Comment

• Villanova appears to be leaning towards accepting the Big East's invitation to join the conference, though nothing is official and it appears this could definitely change. There will be a press conference on Tuesday either way.

http://vuhoops.com/2011/04/07/expans...ng-a-decision/

Comment

• The Sun Belt is looking to expand as well. Rumor has it that they might be stealing Lousiana Tech. Certainly not high profile.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                      Bortlezzzzzzz
                      Originally posted by Monomach
                      Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                        Villanova appears to be leaning towards accepting the Big East's invitation to join the conference, though nothing is official and it appears this could definitely change. There will be a press conference on Tuesday either way.

http://vuhoops.com/2011/04/07/expans...ng-a-decision/
                        Villanova administration recently found out that the Big East wants to do more due diligence, and since there is no formal invite the decision will be pushed off. So no announcement this Tuesday. I'd guess that not all schools are completely on board with Villanova's plan or something along those lines, but this also may be an indication that Villanova planned on joining IMO. Otherwise even if the Big East didn't want Villanova, they could just vote no Tuesday anyway.

Comment

• I should be excited by the prospect of the SEC adding more power, but gah, SCAR just got good. haha. We dont need this right now. :) But hey, I wouldnt mind SCAR branching out to the Texas recruiting market. Lets just keep Clemson away from the SEC, please. They're still incredibly successful in head to head recruiting battles with SCAR as it is. Dont need to give these South Carolina athletes any more reason to go to Clemson.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• I don't think this is a smart move for the SEC for a lot of reasons.

1) You're already the best college football conference. You don't need to be adventurous.

2) Adding Texas A&M won't necessarily expand the recruiting in Texas for the other SEC teams. You'd play one game every two years in College Station, which isn't really all that close to Dallas or Houston anyway. I can't imagine too many players that are hell bent on staying in Texas having that make much of a difference at all, especially when UT is still the big dog.

3) Texas A&M is a solid program, but they aren't a no-brainer in terms of added prestige and ability.

4) There's still the big question of the 14th team.

It makes sense for the Pac-10 to expand to 12, and maybe even 16, because they were too locked into one state for both eyeballs and talent (same problem exists in the Big 12(-2)). That's not the case in the SEC.

It's a total greed move. The SEC wants to re-do their media deal and are hoping that adding another two teams will allow them to do that. They are probably also afraid of the potential of a PAC-16 mega conference. Still think it's a bad move.
                            Last edited by bearsfan_51; 08-14-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• I should add that add expansion moves are obviously greed moves, but in this case I think the negatives outweigh the potential revenue source.

Comment

• If the SEC expands to 16 teams, it won't even be fun to talk about who the best conference is anymore. The SEC will have the clear quality and quantity advantage over everyone. Just another example of college football slowly being ruined.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information