Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some businesses have ethics and make money, but Walt Disney Co. and News Corp. are not among them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I still have a feeling that Texas winds up in the PAC12 w/ OU, OSU, and Texas Tech as a tag-a-long. Notre Dame eventually going to the Big Ten is something I completely expect.

But who knows what will happen. It would be extremely strange seeing Texas in the Big Ten though.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Just heard that OU in a B12 conference call asked (like A&M did a few weeks ago) about the process of leaving the conference (no mention of OSU) per DavidSmoak (a radio guy out of Waco)

"Big 12 source also telling me OU’s Board of Regents has requested an evaluation on their options involving any possible movement….
        Big 12 source also told me there will be another conference call, but that could be dependent on the time-line with OU’s evaluation."

Also hearing from ESPN Austin that the SEC is working on securing a spot for those not included in the SEC (A&M and Mizzou) or PAC16 (OU, OSU, UT, TT) in the Big East (Baylor, KU, KSt, and ISU). The SEC would agree not to poach schools from the Big East (WV) or ACC (which would cause them to poach from the BE). The lynch pin of this deal is Texas joining the PAC16 which is less than certain to say the least.

From a conference realignment message board I visit.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          Just heard that OU in a B12 conference call asked (like A&M did a few weeks ago) about the process of leaving the conference (no mention of OSU) per DavidSmoak (a radio guy out of Waco)

"Big 12 source also telling me OU’s Board of Regents has requested an evaluation on their options involving any possible movement….
          Big 12 source also told me there will be another conference call, but that could be dependent on the time-line with OU’s evaluation."

Also hearing from ESPN Austin that the SEC is working on securing a spot for those not included in the SEC (A&M and Mizzou) or PAC16 (OU, OSU, UT, TT) in the Big East (Baylor, KU, KSt, and ISU). The SEC would agree not to poach schools from the Big East (WV) or ACC (which would cause them to poach from the BE). The lynch pin of this deal is Texas joining the PAC16 which is less than certain to say the least.

From a conference realignment message board I visit.
          We'll see. I doubt Delany is going to let ND and/or UT slip away easily. If those two schools are added, the members are looking at $30M per school in TV revenue. That's something UT and ND wouldn't feel bad about sharing equally in.

ESPN isn't letting any of their puppets mention UT to anyone but the Pac12. Freaking criminal.

Comment

• Just looking out for their own interest. They have an agenda.

No one else official has reported it either, you'd think Fox Sports would be all over it if it was some huge coverup.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by PURPLE Book Cat:
              The Big Ten just concluded a call with representatives from the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents, initiated by Oklahoma.

The call confirmed that the Big Ten would NOT extend an invitation to Oklahoma to join the conference.

Same guy as the last link. No Oklahoma in the Big Ten.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                Originally posted by PURPLE Book Cat:
                The Big Ten just concluded a call with representatives from the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents, initiated by Oklahoma.

The call confirmed that the Big Ten would NOT extend an invitation to Oklahoma to join the conference.

Same guy as the last link. No Oklahoma in the Big Ten.
                While Oklahoma's academics are relatively poor, I bet if OU didn't have to bring along Okie State, the B1G might consider it.

Comment

• colin_dunlap Colin Dunlap
                  Same university source who told me Dana was getting hired--& was spot-on re: everything--says WVU sent paperwork to SEC today. We'll see.

reporter in pittsburgh

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                    colin_dunlap Colin Dunlap
                    Same university source who told me Dana was getting hired--& was spot-on re: everything--says WVU sent paperwork to SEC today. We'll see.

reporter in pittsburgh
                    I was just about to post that. Would love to get an announcement of some kind in the next couple of days.

Comment

• I heard a Rumor of Texas going to the PAC 12 has anyone else heard this?

Comment

• UConn is supposedly trying to get into the ACC. That would likely bring Rutgers along for the ride. That would be absolutely fantastic having all those schools in the same conference from a Northeast college football perspective. However, there's some obstructions. Boston College is completely buttmad at UConn for various legal disputes after their messy parting from the Big East in 2003. It would be sad if it held something like that up. An ACC with UConn sets them over the top basketball wise and establishes a legitimately watchable college football environment compared to what we have now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                          I heard a Rumor of Texas going to the PAC 12 has anyone else heard this?
                          http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_...texas-is-close

Looks like they're working on a way to let Texas keep the Longhorn Network.

Comment

• Texas would probably bring OK,OK State,Texas Tech to make it the Pac 16. what is TCU going to do if the Big East Breaks up? I think the Rest of the Big East and the Rest of the Big 12 School should Combine to make a Conference themselves.

Comment

• If we stay in a "new" Big East while adding teams like Baylor or Iowa State I'll be super pissed.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• When should we find out about Texas and Oklahoma today? I hope it's soon.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information