Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure Boston College stands pat. They've won next to nothing since moving to the ACC and have seen the popularity locally go down the shitter. Part of that has to do with the fact nobody here really cares about playing Clemson or Florida State. Pitt and Syracuse change that a little bit. Moving to the B1G would put them in a position where they basically wouldn't be able to compete football wise and wouldn't really be looking so hot in basketball either. Money is one thing, but if they're not going to be in a position to be competitive it's not really worth it in the end. Playing Penn State and Notre Dame in conference play would be good as well, but it really doesn't do much to improve the sports locally, which is a little bit of a factor in this. It just seems too crazy to make a move now that Syracuse and Pitt bring back a little local flavor and interest back to the Eagles.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
      I'm just hoping the collapse of the Big Ten will finally push Notre Dame to join the Big Ten.
      Seems unlikely.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Most popular college team in NY 1. Rutgers, 2. Notre Dame, 3. Penn State, 4. UConn, 5. Michigan according to the graph provided by the New York Times

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...aos/?src=twrhp

Inviting Rutgers and Notre Dame, for the Big Ten could definitely help achieve the much coveted NY/NJ tv market for the BTN

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

• ACC
          North - Boston College, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, UConn
          South - Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Wake Forest

Big 16
          Leaders - Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Mizzou, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin
          Legends - Cincinnati, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame

Pac 16
          Pacific - Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State
          Southwest - Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Utah

SEC
          East - Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina, South Florida Tennessee, Vanderbilt, West Virginia
          West - Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Texas Christian

Big East falls to a mid major and adds the remains of the Big XII
          Last edited by fenikz; 09-19-2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Ohio State would never allow another B1G team in the state of Ohio. (although Cincy is really Kentucky)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I like that ACC, but I have a bit of a hard time seeing the rest of it.

Cinci really doesn't fit with the profile the B1G is looking for academically and doesn't add enough in terms of football to make up for it like Nebraska does. Then there's the Ohio State factor, as bf51 mentioned.

South Florida doesn't make much sense in the SEC either. Florida wanted no part in FSU coming to their turf and USF doesn't bring enough to the table competitively to make up for that. Not a bad idea in theory, but I just can't see it working out.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• That SEC is insane football wise, but that ACC would dominate basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Seems unlikely.
                  Yea, clearly some flawled logic there.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Looks like after the board of regents meetings today that OU/OSU/Texas/Texas Tech are set to join the Pac12.

Also, the Mountain West and C-USA are back to discussing a merger of the two conferences.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• What about Kansas State instead of Cincy in Fenikz's suggestion. I know they aren't exactly the greatest at anything, but they've had some good years in basketball. But I think it should still be Missouri, Kansas, Notre Dame, and Kansas State maybe. I hope grandpa BearsFan is right. I don't really like all this to be honest. I like it the way it is where there are 12 teams and 2 six team divisions and all. Now with possibly 4 16 team power conferences, its helping out the sham that is the BCS and its killing the little guy even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Ohio State would never allow another B1G team in the state of Ohio. (although Cincy is really Kentucky)
                        Totally nailed it. Also the University of Cintucky can't even sell out Nippert stadium.
                        Last edited by JoeJoeBrown; 09-19-2011, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Football-wise, the PAC 16 looks fierce.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                            Football-wise, the PAC 16 looks fierce.
                            It's still no SEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                              It's still no SEC.
                              I wasn't really comparing them, just noting that the PAC 16 has a bunch of perennial BCS championship contenders now.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Texas A&M Whoop!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information