Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think Kansas could go somewhere better due to basketball.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      That's what I was assuming as well. It makes sense for KU and KSU to join the MWC and legitimize that conference. Only other option would be to join with Baylor, Iowa State, Houston, UTEP, SMU, Rice, and Tulsa and form a conference together.

Kansas
      Kansas State
      Baylor
      Iowa State
      Houston
      UTEP
      SMU
      Rice
      The Big South?

Haha in all reality Nebraska should declare in the next few hours that they are moving the the Big 10 making it the new big 12?
      The Pac 10 is now the Pac 11?
      I wouldn't doubt at least 1 more team being added to the Pac so they can play a championship game.... With Boise going over to the MWC does that mean TCU, Utah or BYU become options if the Big 12 (Now Big 11) hold together without Nebraska?

So many questions....

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
        The Big South?

Haha in all reality Nebraska should declare in the next few hours that they are moving the the Big 10 making it the new big 12?
        The Pac 10 is now the Pac 11?
        I wouldn't doubt at least 1 more team being added to the Pac so they can play a championship game.... With Boise going over to the MWC does that mean TCU, Utah or BYU become options if the Big 12 (Now Big 11) hold together without Nebraska?

So many questions....
        I wouldn't doubt a whole bunch more teams to go to the Pac-10 and Big Ten.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Well, the Big Ten needs to officially invite Nebraska. Whenever they do, Nebraska will join. Since Texas and Texas A&M are arguing over which conference to join I don't see that happening anytime soon. I think the Big XII is all but a memory. I do not see that conference taking steps to stay together.

On the flip side, I don't see four 16 team conferences surviving for very long. The WAC was not able to survive at 16 teams due to travel issues, spreading money around, etc... Given that that is the only example that we have when a conference expands to that many teams but the bottom line is that schools want money. I feel it is best to stay between 10-12 schools for a conference due to revenue share, level of competition, question about competition, etc...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

anyone else think this turns into a pissing contest and the Big East and Big XII both are eaten up? The Big East is formidable for basketball but would be eaten by the ACC and Big Televen pretty quickly, with the MWC picking up the kansas schools and the Big XII south bouncing to the Pac 10. Baylor goes to the C-USA or maybe the Mountain West gets crazy and adds them, SMU, Houston and UTEP to fill it up to 16. SEC goes after some C-USA and picks up Memphis along with USF, Louisville and from the Big East. Maybe they go for a couple ACC Schools like FSU and Miami and then couple those with Louisville and USF, with the ACC getting Memphis and a wildcard to replace those schools. The Big Telven should get Mizzou (or they go SEC), Notre Dame, Cincinatti, and Pitt to make it a 16 team conference leaving Rutgers, Syracuse, UCONN and West Virginia making them a power conference of 16. then the smaller conferences eat up the other schools and we're set. The ACC becomes the best basketball conference in america hands down, and then there are 4.5 megapowers in football.
            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

The Big XII is dead... once Nebraska left, it became a free for all.

the TV contract was going to kill that conference... it was only a matter of time.

Nebraska is going to get about a $13 million raise just on TV revenue. Missouri would be in the same boat.

With Boise State joining the Mountain West, their profit potential just made a jump, so teams leaving that conference seem unlikely at present.

Everyone in the Big XII is trying to make the best team for themselves right now. The only team that is hanging onto the hope that was the Big XII is probably Kansas

Comment

Yea, no big deal, but the original post should be reworded. Nebraska hasn't been offered by the Big XI. Nebraska has said (have they said it yet officially?) that they would join if the Big XI invited. That's how the crazy Big XI rules work. They don't offer until teams say they would accept if offered.

Comment

Kansas should join the Big East. Not a fit geographically, but otherwise it seems like a great fit. A top basketball school with just a decent football program. Might have to kick someone out to keep it at 16, but trading South Florida for Kansas would be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    Kansas should join the Big East. Not a fit geographically, but otherwise it seems like a great fit. A top basketball school with just a decent football program. Might have to kick someone out to keep it at 16, but trading South Florida for Kansas would be worth it.
                    The Big East doesn't want basketball schools... they have them in spades. They want football programs. If the football program comes with a nice basketball program, so be it, but the Big East wants football teams

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                      The Big East doesn't want basketball schools... they have them in spades. They want football programs. If the football program comes with a nice basketball program, so be it, but the Big East wants football teams
                      The Big East can't get any good football schools, and certainly not enough to where they'd compete with the SEC, Big 10, and Super Pac 10. They should just accept that they're a basketball conference.

And yes I know that the money is in football, but there probably isn't any realistic football option that could bring them more money than Kansas basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                        Well, the Big Ten needs to officially invite Nebraska. Whenever they do, Nebraska will join. Since Texas and Texas A&M are arguing over which conference to join I don't see that happening anytime soon. I think the Big XII is all but a memory. I do not see that conference taking steps to stay together.

On the flip side, I don't see four 16 team conferences surviving for very long. The WAC was not able to survive at 16 teams due to travel issues, spreading money around, etc... Given that that is the only example that we have when a conference expands to that many teams but the bottom line is that schools want money. I feel it is best to stay between 10-12 schools for a conference due to revenue share, level of competition, question about competition, etc...
                        Big Ten has already invited Nebraska. Nebraska formally accepted the invitation about a half hour ago.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                          The Big East can't get any good football schools, and certainly not enough to where they'd compete with the SEC, Big 10, and Super Pac 10. They should just accept that they're a basketball conference.

And yes I know that the money is in football, but there probably isn't any realistic football option that could bring them more money than Kansas basketball.
                          That's not necessarily true, but in order for that to happen, it requires the SEC to dismantle the ACC by taking Florida State and Miami. Then whether it's the Big East eating the ACC, the ACC eating the Big East, or some sort of mutual merger, they can consolidate a pretty nice football conference

Comment

Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                            Colorado, will look odd in the Pac 10. Will the PAC 10 change names?
                            If they get the 5 schools from the Big XII South, they will have a South Division (Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma) and a Pacific Coast Division (California, Oregon, Washington). How about Southern Pacific?

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

Colorado my new favorite Pac-10 team, GO BUFFS

Comment

More than likely just be Pac-16 or Pac-12. I think Big West would be better though, assuming we do go to 16. Nothing pacific about Oklahoma, Texas or Colorado.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information