This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
    Here's a column on the West Virginia to SEC rumors...
    http://outkickthecoverage.com/west-v...ont-happen.php

He doesn't seem to think WVU is high on the SEC's list at all.
    I always figured WVU to be a trump card, in case the SEC missed out on other targets.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Nate Silver: still awesome.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ignment-chaos/

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I'm thinking the game between LSU/WVU has more meaning than originally thought this weekend. WVU has been able to hold their own vs. the SEC football wise.

2011: ? vs. LSU
        2010: L @ LSU 20-14
        2009: L @ Auburn 41-30
        2008: W vs. Auburn 34-17
        2007: W vs. Miss St. 38-13
        2006: W @ Miss St. 42-14
        2005: W vs. Georgia 38-35 (Sugar Bowl)

Comment

• Wrong thread.

Comment

• Good articles posted fellas. The Silver one in particular was pretty informative.

As far as West Virginia to the SEC goes, that's the dream scenario for West Virginia, who might be left out in the cold in all of this because of academics and media related stuff. They've got to either hope for that or the Big East and the remnants of the Big XII find some way to get something done.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              Good articles posted fellas. The Silver one in particular was pretty informative.

As far as West Virginia to the SEC goes, that's the dream scenario for West Virginia, who might be left out in the cold in all of this because of academics and media related stuff. They've got to either hope for that or the Big East and the remnants of the Big XII find some way to get something done.
              I think the Big East-Big XII thing will get done. The Big East is going to have five teams next year. The Big XII will have five too (asusming the Big Ten doesn't steal Iowa State, Missouri, and Kansas). Combine and make ten teams. They can choose to stay put. Or go after teams like UCF, Houston, SMU, and Temple.

I'm very interested in the rumors of the MWC and CUSA teaming up. Technically a 22-team conference (assuming noboday poaches their current members). It could also convince TCU to ack out of their move to the Big East and possibly entice BYU to stop being an independent.

Originally posted by SolidGold
              Bortlezzzzzzz
              Originally posted by Monomach
              Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• The SEC and ACC rejected West Virginia lol. Source Dan Patrick show

Comment

• hahah eat it WVU! i guess those conferences like you to be able to read
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                    hahah eat it WVU! i guess those conferences like you to be able to read
                    The way we're sitting back right now has me scared. If we stay in a reformed Big East/Big 12 I'm seriously going to be pissed.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      The way we're sitting back right now has me scared. If we stay in a reformed Big East/Big 12 I'm seriously going to be pissed.
                      yeah, i would not like that one bit. not sure if i'd prefer us going to the big 10 or ACC though
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        I thought Rutgers-to-ACC was pretty much a done deal.

Bortlezzzzzzz
                        Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• I'm not buying ESPNs talk that Notre Dame would pick ACC if they decide to join a conference. Notre Dame is just way to perfect fit in in the Big Ten.

And I love Mack Browk talking like the PAC 16 isn't a lock yet. I really want the Big 12 preserved. Let them pick up Louisville, Cincy, and West Virginia. Not good enough to fully replace the teams they lost, but it could bring it back to 12 teams.
                          Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 09-20-2011, 11:46 AM.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                            I thought Rutgers-to-ACC was pretty much a done deal.
                            Not from what I understand. Our AD is being tight lipped about everything and I'm starting to think it's because we're not as "valuable" as we think.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I actually feel a little bad for West Virginia.

Let's be honest, you're THE public university for the state of West Virginia. How could you possibly have any academic standards? You'd have like 20 students.

Granted, you could say the same thing about most of the South, but schools like Alabama are ******* annoying because they actually think they are a good school. I knew a dude with an Auburn degree who could barely tie his own shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                I actually feel a little bad for West Virginia.

Let's be honest, you're THE public university for the state of West Virginia. How could you possibly have any academic standards? You'd have like 20 students.

Granted, you could say the same thing about most of the South, but schools like Alabama are ******* annoying because they actually think they are a good school. I knew a dude with an Auburn degree who could barely tie his own shoes.
                                I live in Alabama and I am in full agreement. There are smart Auburn and Alabama graduates of course. And then there are the ones who couldn't spell cat if you gave them the A and the T. I don't know how they have higher academic rankings than my alma mater despite having higher acceptance rates, lower average GPA, low average SATs and ACTs, and a bunch of programs rated lower. Conspiracy/

Also, Missouri has an offer to the SEC.

Bortlezzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information