Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha so rumor is apparently when reached for a comment, Jim Delany was out golfing and when asked about expanding essentially said, "Hmm we got Nebraska last year. We're good."

I think unless ND falls at Delany's feet and begs to be admitted, that the Big Ten is staying put. Only that would sway him, and then it would be like ND and Mizzou.

Comment

• That's what I'm for. I only want to expand if it makes us better not just bigger.

I only want Texas or Notre Dame and one more team to keep it even.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Rumor is that BYU might get an invite to the Big XII, assuming the A&M thing goes through(which it likely will). That would be a solid addition to their football roster, despite some differences in profile between them and the other schools.

I really think this stuff is far from over. Just might go quiet for now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Im hoping the Big 12 gets back to 12 and that should keep it stable for awhile. As soon as the Big 12 gets back and the SEC gets an even number we could be done with major moves for a few years.

Only reason I wanted the Big Ten to expand for years was to get a conference title game. I think 12 team conferences provide a great scheduling formula and having the title game is huge.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Big 12 is gonna have to get back to 12. They're already discussing it and it was a concession OU made. Now that doesn't mean a whole lot unless OU plans on bolting to the SEC with A&M.

Additions can include BYU, TCU, Louisville, WVU, SMU, Houston, or Air Force. Any of those schools are all viable candidates.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

• BYU and TCU make a ton of sense from a regional perspective. It's a weaker conference without Nebraska and A&M, but those are the best options out there. I could see any one of the rest of those getting the last spot as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                BYU and TCU make a ton of sense from a regional perspective. It's a weaker conference without Nebraska and A&M, but those are the best options out there. I could see any one of the rest of those getting the last spot as well.
                Absolutely. BYU and TCU make a ton of sense as far as the strength of a football program that can be added. I would also add one of Air Force, Louisville, or WVU.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/...sec-membership

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    This is the 2011 ARWU rankings which are supposedly better than the US News ones.

http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2011.html#

Minnesota at 28
                    Auburn in the 401-500 range
                    Cal, top public university in this one and the other poll...looks pretty legit to me.

The Pac 12 needs to get rid of Washington St...bad football program & poor academics. In terms of expansion, Texas would be a good fit academically, but I'm not sure how many other schools really fit the conference culture from an academic standpoint. I know everyone is talking about television markets, but looking at this, Utah & Colorado does make more sense to me now.

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                      Read a few weeks ago the director was against expansion. But these things are very fickle.
                      Think it was reported that it the Pac was going to say yes to expansion if Texas didn't balk at the equal revenue sharing.

In the end, Texas having the Big 12 bend over to their every demand will continue to cause a lot of animosity, just look at what happened in the past 3 weeks.

The Big 12 can add teams to get back to 12 teams, but Oklahoma's demands on changes to the Longhorn Network make that league look like it has a long way to go before it stabilizes.

Long term prediction is the Big 12 going under if Texas doesn't make some concessions.

Comment

• Can we make the Big Ten change to a name that makes sense tho? I love it staying at 12, but can they change it? Its confusing.

Comment

• The Big XII and commish Dan Beebe are soon to part ways.
                          East Carolina is applying for the Big East.

Both from ESPN.com's home page this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            The Big XII and commish Dan Beebe are soon to part ways.
                            East Carolina is applying for the Big East.

Both from ESPN.com's home page this morning.
                            Yeah, Beebe is all but gone. Former Big 8 commish Chuck Neinas is the likely replacement.

Also been thinking that the SEC could go hard after Oklahoma and Oklahoma State if the issues persist with Texas. Even if those two depart I see Missouri staying in the Big 12 until it absolutely falls apart. Plus I think they're waiting on a Big Ten invite still. Also, to pair with OU/OSU/A&M the SEC invites FSU.

With Auburn already saying they would move to the East the divisions would balance out like this:

West
                            Alabama
                            Arkansas
                            LSU
                            Miss St.
                            Oklahoma
                            Oklahoma St.
                            Ole Miss
                            Texas A&M

East

Auburn
                            Florida
                            Florida State
                            Georgia
                            Kentucky
                            South Carolina
                            Tennessee
                            Vanderbilt

If FSU declines the SEC and Mizzou decides to accept then swap Alabama and Auburn go East.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• UConn wants to join the ACC but BC is blocking the move. Source Dan Patrick show

@Diabsoule, Florida would probably try to block FSU moving to the SEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                                UConn wants to join the ACC but BC is blocking the move. Source Dan Patrick show

@Diabsoule, Florida would probably try to block FSU moving to the SEC.
                                Florida could try but I don't see how adding Florida State makes Florida any less competitive. They already fight over the same recruits and FSU already brings in top recruiting classes despite having Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and Florida in the area that can tell kids they'll play in the SEC. Florida State brings in the type of program that the SEC wants. The only FSU doesn't add is a new tv market but wouldn't FSU vs. Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina get more viewers than any FSU vs. ACC school?

WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information