Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma is a great program, but when you have to throw OK State in, I'm not sure it's a huge money-maker. Oklahoma isn't exactly a very populated state, and to have to then split it in half? There's a reason why the Pac-12 wasn't interested without Texas.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• You would think BC would welcome UConn to the ACC as a natural rivalry for them.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
        UConn wants to join the ACC but BC is blocking the move. Source Dan Patrick show

@Diabsoule, Florida would probably try to block FSU moving to the SEC.
        Also, everything I hear out of Florida (the state not the university) is that FSU is not really interested in moving to the SEC in the first place.

Originally posted by SolidGold
        Bortlezzzzzzz
        Originally posted by Monomach
        Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• http://northwestern.rivals.com/showm...id=901&style=2

Take it for what it's worth. This guy supposedly has some pretty good Big Ten sources.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• What would they do with the Longhorn Network?
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Oklahoma is a great program, but when you have to throw OK State in, I'm not sure it's a huge money-maker. Oklahoma isn't exactly a very populated state, and to have to then split it in half? There's a reason why the Pac-12 wasn't interested without Texas.
              I understand that Oklahoma isn't one of the most populated states but games like Oklahoma v. LSU, Oklahoma v. Alabama, Oklahoma v Florida, etc all have national appeal. They're all prime time games which would be aired nationwide. Those games would get a ton of viewers.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

• The SEC would take Oklahoma in a heartbeat but I don't think they want anything to do with OKst. They would have to strike out on quite a few other schools.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  You would think BC would welcome UConn to the ACC as a natural rivalry for them.
                  It's a complete ***** move and part of the reason no one really cares about them locally. They refuse to play UConn in football as well. All of the actual BC people are happy with this as well for some strange reason "Oh it goes to show BC's clout with the ACC!". It's hurting the college football's popularity within the region. Clout really doesn't matter if you can't sell out your games or get people within the area to care.

UConn will eventually get in though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Yeah I honestly thought BC would be pushing hard for UConn and Rutgers but shows how wrong I was about that. Can 1 team hold up a move though? I doubt that.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I don't know, but it damn sure seems like they're going to try.

A conference with all the northeast schools is good for everybody involved, from an exposure and recruiting perspective. You can create a new brand of football to sell people on and unite a whole bunch of media markets. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I guess that's just the way it is.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        What would they do with the Longhorn Network?
                        No idea. I really don't care what it would take. Adding a team like Texas and then hopefully a partner like Missouri could be awesome. I'd love to get Oklahoma but I don't want Oklahoma State really. In a perfect world we'd get Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and Boston College. Talk about tv markets.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                          This guy supposedly has some pretty good Big Ten sources.
                          unnamed sources are the death of journalism

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                            No idea. I really don't care what it would take. Adding a team like Texas and then hopefully a partner like Missouri could be awesome. I'd love to get Oklahoma but I don't want Oklahoma State really. In a perfect world we'd get Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and Boston College. Talk about tv markets.
                            Boston College to the B1G just doesn't make much sense in practice. You guys can do better....and they have very little in common with the vast majority of the B1G in terms of profile.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              With Auburn already saying they would move to the East the divisions would balance out like this:

West
                              Alabama
                              Arkansas
                              LSU
                              Miss St.
                              Oklahoma
                              Oklahoma St.
                              Ole Miss
                              Texas A&M

East

Auburn
                              Florida
                              Florida State
                              Georgia
                              Kentucky
                              South Carolina
                              Tennessee
                              Vanderbilt

If FSU declines the SEC and Mizzou decides to accept then swap Alabama and Auburn go East.
                              Will there now be two annual non-divisional rivalry games, or will they stick with the one they have now?

If it's the latter, then Alabama should go to the East, no matter what. While the Iron Bowl rivalry between Bama/Auburn is huge, the Bama/Tennessee rivalry is historic. The Iron Bowl will be the non-divisional game for Bama and Auburn, and the 3rd Saturday in October won't be affected since UT and UA are now in the same division. Unless that is, they make special exceptions for a team or two.

I know Auburn/Georgia would be lost, but it's not as significant as the IB or TSIO. Plus, it'd now free Georgia and Tennessee, two of the big three in the SECE, to setup non-divisional rivalries with Texas A&M and Oklahoma. Tennessee/Oklahoma, Georgia/Texas A&M, and Florida St./Oklahoma St. would be ideal, in my view.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• This is a look at conference academics. And the lack of caring about them in all but the ACC, B1G, and Pac12.

While people like to bust on the SEC's akademix, they are still better off than the Big12. Pretty funny that no one busts on them as much.

Making the Grade

How each school fared in U.S. News & World Report rankings and federal research expenditures. Plus, the average ranking for each conference.

CONFERENCE AVG.

ACC 59.5

Boston College (31, 203); Clemson (68, 132); Duke (10, 13); Florida St. (101, 90); Georgia Tech (36, 28); Maryland (55, 40); Miami (38, 62); UNC (29, 17); NC St. (101, 71); Virginia (25, 48); Virginia Tech (71, 69); Wake Forest (25, 66)

Big East 102.8

Cincinnati (143, 46); Connecticut (58, 131); Louisville (164, 116); Pittsburgh (58, 12); Rutgers (68, 72); South Florida (181, 60); Syracuse (62, 189); West Virginia (164, 121)

Big Ten 50.3

Illinois (45, 32); Indiana (75, 120); Iowa (71, 45); Michigan (28, 3); Michigan St. (71, 65); Minnesota (68, 18); Nebraska (101, 111); Northwestern (12, 34); Ohio St. (55, 21); Penn St. (45, 19); Purdue (62, 57); Wisconsin (42, 8)

Big 12 120.6

Baylor (75, 350); Iowa St. (97, 98); Kansas (101, 138); Kansas St. (143, 139); Missouri (90, 93); Oklahoma (101, 162); Oklahoma St. (132, 159); Texas (45, 23); Texas A&M (58, 38); Texas Tech (160, 209)

Pac-12 64.5

Arizona (124, 29); Arizona St. (132, 75); California (21, 37); Colorado (94, 47); Oregon (101, 134); Oregon St. (138, 86); Stanford (5, 4); UCLA (25, 10); USC (23, 20); Utah (124, 58); Washington (42, 2); Washington St. (115, 101)

SEC 103.3

Alabama (75, 190); Arkansas (132, 174); Auburn (82, 136); Florida (58, 44); Georgia (62, 97); Kentucky (124, 64); LSU (128, 114); Mississippi (143, 169); Mississippi St. (157, 96); South Carolina (111, 100); Tennessee (101, 84); Vanderbilt (17, 22)

Independents Notre Dame (19, 123) 71

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information