This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
    I think they'd give Notre Dame whatever they wanted in order to get them in the Big Ten, Notre Dame is absolute huge money for the Big Ten and I think they'd do anything to get their hands on it.
    What about renaming the conference the Notre Dame 10? (Not serious)

I think Notre will stay independent and if they ever join a conference it will be the ACC imo.

Comment

• I think they'll try to keep indepence as long as possible but I don't buy the ACC thing. I just don't see what benefit they have joining the ACC when they already have natural rivalries and much more money built into the Big Ten.

Unless the ACC bends over backwards for them and the Big Ten won't cut them a deal it just doesn't make much sense.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
        What about renaming the conference the Notre Dame 10? (Not serious)

I think Notre will stay independent and if they ever join a conference it will be the ACC imo.
        Huh? How does the ACC make any sense? lol. Big Ten or whatever becomes of the Big East.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
          Huh? How does the ACC make any sense? lol. Big Ten or whatever becomes of the Big East.
          It's been all over the place that they prefer the ACC to the B1G if they were to be forced into a conference.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            It's been all over the place that they prefer the ACC to the B1G if they were to be forced into a conference.
            The only reason for ND To go to the ACC over the B1G is if they wanted to have a good chance to finish in the top half of the conference most years.

Comment

• I know ESPN is reporting it, but everyone knows they have interests in the Big Ten having less financial success. Which is why, even in the day of irresponsible journalism, you'll never see them report any rumors of Texas or Notre Dame to the Big Ten while they're more than willing to say on air any other random rumor they hear.

Comment

I know ESPN is reporting it, but everyone knows they have interests in the Big Ten having less financial success. Which is why, even in the day of irresponsible journalism, you'll never see them report any rumors of Texas or Notre Dame to the Big Ten while they're more than willing to say on air any other random rumor they hear.
                Exactly. ESPN is interfering with the conferences to the point that they are blatantly trying to steer schools in a certain direction by trying to get the masses excited about something.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                  The only reason for ND To go to the ACC over the B1G is if they wanted to have a good chance to finish in the top half of the conference most years.
                  The ACC makes a lot of sense for ND. Especially with Pitt, Cuse, Maryland, and BC now there. The ACC wouldn't screw with their TV deals, and ND would be in a conference with other private academic schools.

I think the ACC will be after ND and either West Virginia or Cincinnati. They're a lot closer to finishing their super conference than any of the others.

As for BC to the B1G... It used to make sense, but not so much with Pitt and Syracuse back in the mix. I'm surprised that I haven't heard more about UConn. That's a huge chip. They're in the heart of the Northeast media and have a much better sports program than Rutgers or Syracuse.
                  Last edited by nepg; 09-24-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Mountain West & Conference USA merger could happen as soon as 2013
                    http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...130586748.html

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Give them the Big Easts bowl bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                        Exactly. ESPN is interfering with the conferences to the point that they are blatantly trying to steer schools in a certain direction by trying to get the masses excited about something.
                        Just like every early article about Texas A&M leaving for SEC was bad for both the SEC and TAMU? Imagine that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Give them the Big Easts bowl bid.
                          if TCU stays with the MWC then I would give them the Big East Bowl Bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                            if TCU stays with the MWC then I would give them the Big East Bowl Bid.
                            Agree. It's already better than the Big East.

Comment

• I read a rumor that WVU, Louisville, Cincy go to Big 12. If Mizzou goes to the SEC then the Big 12 is going to take USF as the replacement. I don't know how true it is but if that's the case then Big East football is officially dead.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I wish the SEC would stand pat at 12 teams but that dream is over....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information