This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I read a rumor that WVU, Louisville, Cincy go to Big 12. If Mizzou goes to the SEC then the Big 12 is going to take USF as the replacement. I don't know how true it is but if that's the case then Big East football is officially dead.
    That's been my idea since the day Pitt left the Big East. I think it forms a conference that can hold strong for a few years.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
      I wish the SEC would stand pat at 12 teams but that dream is over....
      You and me both. I've long held the belief that 12 teams is the perfect size for a conference.

Also, if Louisville, Cincy, and WVU leave the Big East then that league is officially dead. If that happens, I see TCU staying in the MWC and possibly BYU trying to re-join. Possibly.

If that happens the MWC would have 12 teams and would definitely receive AQ status.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        Just like every early article about Texas A&M leaving for SEC was bad for both the SEC and TAMU? Imagine that.
        It's amazing to me how many "little brother" stories they've written. Texas A&M isn't Texas, everyone gets that, but to think that the move was totally ego driven is so naive.

Not to mention, the extreme little brother in all of this, Baylor, has made almost no waves on ESPN.com.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• BYU is a pretty good one. WVU makes a lot of sense as well. Adding those two and then a team like Louisvlle could keep the Big 12 stable for a few more years.

Definitely results in the complete collapse ofmthe Big East and ruins Cincy and South Floridas programs.

ESPN says SEC will not be at 13 teams for long. Itll be interesting to see where they steal a team from. Someone from the ACC or Big 12 could really shake things up again.

Comment

• hitlers rant about the big east is hilarious. rutgers may end up in the b1g ten

Comment

• West Virginia to the SEC is gaining steam all across the interwebs. Looks like it might be close.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

West Virginia to the SEC is gaining steam all across the interwebs. Looks like it might be close.
                I'm hearing the same thing. I think if Mizzou goes to the SEC then the SEC expands to 16 with WVU and probably Florida State. If Mizzou stays then SEC expands only to 14 with WVU.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

West Virginia to the SEC is gaining steam all across the interwebs. Looks like it might be close.
                  Yeah, I was told #WVUtoSEC was trending at one point on Twitter last night. Hoping for an announcement soon, but after all the drama so far with conference realignment this season, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Comment

• Makes sense. They can't want to be at 13 teams and WVU would obviously love a way out of the Big East.

Comment

• Would be a major fail on the SEC's part.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• TCU reportedly going to ditch the Big East before the even join and go to the Big 12. Obvious move for them; the Big 12 may be a sinking ship, but it's one that provides a natural base and keeps them in Texas where all their recruits are.

The Big East is going to need a miracle to stay BCS eligible.

Comment

• I feel like TCU ditching the Big East has major implications of WVU getting out of there, too.

Comment

• This makes sooooooooooooo much more sense for TCU. Texas in something called the Big East made no sense at all. The rugby team going to New Jersey is very happy. And it saves the Big 12 for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              I feel like TCU ditching the Big East has major implications of WVU getting out of there, too.
                              That's assuming West Virginia has options. I'm sure if they could move, they would have already.

Comment

• yeah, Rutgers needs to get the **** out of the big east is seems
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information