Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a link on Nebraska for anyone confused.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5276551

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      That's what I was assuming as well. It makes sense for KU and KSU to join the MWC and legitimize that conference. Only other option would be to join with Baylor, Iowa State, Houston, UTEP, SMU, Rice, and Tulsa and form a conference together.

Kansas
      Kansas State
      Baylor
      Iowa State
      Houston
      UTEP
      SMU
      Rice
      Tulsa
      Schad is drunk.

That conference would still not be that good football wise. Infact, if they did get an auto-BCS bid, it would be absolutely absurd and further drive the nail of the coffin for the BCS.

Comment

Quick heads up..... Via multiple Twitter sources Texas is planning to announce move to Pac 10 as early as Tuesday.

I wouldn't take this as a for sure move but I would consider it a good possibility.

Comment

The Big East has been a basketball conference since they made the move to 16 teams. Believe it or not football is second fiddle to basketball in the Big East.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

If Texas and Oklahoma join the Pac 10 and Nebraska has already joined the Big 10, then the Rose Bowl just made themselves a lot more money. Each one of those schools are football powers and travel very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              The Big East has been a basketball conference since they made the move to 16 teams. Believe it or not football is second fiddle to basketball in the Big East.
              No, it isn't. They are good at basketball, so they are going to sell that, but in terms of adding schools to their conference, if they don't have a decent football program, they might as not even bother talking to them.

What does another good basketball program do for the Big East? Not very much. They already have 16 teams and most any of them not named DePaul is competitive so they are looking at 6+ teams in the tournament every year anyway.

Football drives the bus. That's just how it is.

Comment

Notre Dame just called off there 2013 game with Army at Yankee Stadium......

Some are saying this is a hint towards a move to the Big 10 as well.

Comment

I want Notre Dame in the Big Ten. Bad. Adding a program like that would be a great move for the Big Ten. I wanna see 16 teams and a title game, but I don't wanna see teams added just for the sake of adding teams. I wanna see some quality football and basketball programs added to the mix.

I like Nebraska. Notre Dame and Pitt would be great. My five teams would be those 3 and Kansas and Rutgers.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Beebe said the Big Ten is not looking at nay other Big 12 teams.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I hope Rutgers/Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame goes to the new and improved Big12 now.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        I hope Rutgers/Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame goes to the new and improved Big12 now.
                        Pass on Syracuse and Pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                          Beebe said the Big Ten is not looking at nay other Big 12 teams.
                          Has he been fired yet? The guy is a moron. The TV contract was a nightmare, but he completely blew it in keeping the Big XII viable by passing on the +1 option when it was out there.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            Pass on Syracuse and Pittsburgh.
                            it's all about those tv markets bro

Comment

Originally posted by ryno626 View Post
                              How does Pittsburgh help? It's already in Pennsylvania with Penn State. Is Pittsburgh really a big enough market to make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by ryno626 View Post
                                Pittsburgh is worthless in that conversation as it literally brings nothing. Pittsburgh is already a Big Ten TV market.

Syracuse is not gonna get the Big Ten Manhattan. It just isn't. Syracuse is in Western New York and the Syracuse football program is mediocre at best, so they offer little or nothing in TV.

Rutgers might, but that's really the only possibility for New York City. Missouri brings with it Kansas City and St. Louis. Maryland gives you D.C. and Baltimore.

If TV Markets are purely the goal, then Pittsburgh and Syracuse are already out of the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information