Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the collapse of the Big East so much.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Louisville, Cincinnati, and BYU are the likely targets for the Big12 in 2015 when their Tier 1 tv rights expire.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Houston, SMU, and UCF to the Big East coming within a week. Not sure it saves the league though.

http://twitter.com/#!/schadjoe/statu...86477764509697

Originally posted by SolidGold
        Bortlezzzzzzz
        Originally posted by Monomach
        Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          It's official: West Virginia is the newest member of the Big 12 and begin play next season in the conference
          http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...CLID=205323383
          After weeks of speculation as to where the Mountaineers would end up, I'm glad we've finally found a home and this process is over. Much happier that the end result wasn't staying in a watered down Big East conference.

Comment

• I wonder how UT fans are going to react to the couch burners at WVU? Scared and fascinated at the same time is my guess.

Comment

• Big East officially extended football only invitations to Navy, Boise State, and Air Force and all sports invites to UCF, Houston, and SMU.

Bortlezzzzzzz
              Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• What a mess, must be wonderful that your school will make so much more money, of course, it will be a lot tougher on student athletes with so much added travel, the home fans probably cannot afford to go to away games and worse yet, the teams going to new conferences may have to wait years to get into a BCS Bowl game. Of course, it worked out well for Arkansas, Miami, and Boston College, they are all a lot richer for moving.
                Imagine if the BCS decides to avoid the courts and keep the Big East as a automatic invite, gee, maybe we will see Navy or Army or Houston in a BCS Bowl game before we see Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Pittsburgh, Syracuse or West Virgina in one. Now won't that be a laugh. There is going to be tremendous pressure on the BCS to keep the Big East as an automatic invitee, through the courts where all the smaller schools will sue claiming the BCS is eliminating them from the competition for BCS Bowl spots. We haven't seen the last of this ongoing war.
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  You have no idea how the law works.
                  It is a common practice to sue everybody associated with a wrong doing if they have any legal connection with the wrong doer.
                  If you understand the law so well, explain to me why the Big 10 and its member schools will be completely free of liability.
                  And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                    It is a common practice to sue everybody associated with a wrong doing if they have any legal connection with the wrong doer.
                    If you understand the law so well, explain to me why the Big 10 and its member schools will be completely free of liability.
                    You rarely make much sense, but this PSU pogrom that you are on takes the cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                      Why stop there? Sue the NCAA too!

What a joke.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler
                        If Penn State gets the death penalty or not I think they are completely done with being a major player in football. No Joe Paterno and the program is tarnished worse than any other school has been tarnished. It will get worse. The majority of the victims were black. As more details emerge and the longer the trials go on, it's going to be seen that an out of touch white leadership knowingly did nothing because the kids were black. Would McQueary have done more or was the red haired white dude not concerned enough about the black kid? It might not be fair, but it will appear to be so. If I were a recruit, there is no way in hell that I'd trust Penn State over a Michigan or Pitt. So black recruits should be super pissed. Other recruits won't trust them either and won't want to be associated with a program that's losing sponsorships and with a degree that's losing internship positions with outside companies.

It just isn't worth going there unless you live close by and don't have other options. The Big Ten might as well get rid of them because Indiana already sucks and they don't need that many horrible programs in their conference.
                        This is full of so much ridiculousness.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler
                          If Penn State gets the death penalty or not I think they are completely done with being a major player in football. No Joe Paterno and the program is tarnished worse than any other school has been tarnished. It will get worse. The majority of the victims were black. As more details emerge and the longer the trials go on, it's going to be seen that an out of touch white leadership knowingly did nothing because the kids were black. Would McQueary have done more or was the red haired white dude not concerned enough about the black kid? It might not be fair, but it will appear to be so. If I were a recruit, there is no way in hell that I'd trust Penn State over a Michigan or Pitt. So black recruits should be super pissed. Other recruits won't trust them either and won't want to be associated with a program that's losing sponsorships and with a degree that's losing internship positions with outside companies.

It just isn't worth going there unless you live close by and don't have other options. The Big Ten might as well get rid of them because Indiana already sucks and they don't need that many horrible programs in their conference.
                          I agree, they should dump Penn St., they are a liability to the Big 10 image and I think it will be a long time before they are able to recruit successfully again.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            This is full of so much ridiculousness.
                            Nothing ridiculous. Cold precision.

If you want to counter with, "you mean to say that people will magically think of Penn State as racist U because the white leadership failed to protect the victims who happened to be black?"

I would say yes. Give it time and two long and drawn out trials. I don't think that there is a lawyer in the world who could prevent Penn State from appearing as "old, out of touch, racists". It wouldn't even take any effort from the prosecutor, just basic perception.

Victims. Some are black. People on the stand are white. Racist. Boom.

Lawyers don't even have to say it, but people will think it. People will ask, "why wasn't more done." What answer will they have? "We didn't think it was that bad?" So it isn't bad to have a kid be raped in the shower? Why isn't it bad for this kid to be raped? ....Out of touch, old boy racists.

Cue mega lawsuits and full public outrage over the lack of action by Penn State.

All it took was for one jury testimony and one stupid campus protest for companies to pull funding from ESPN from sponsoring the game and to deny internships to just normal students. Imagine when there's more actual court testimony and another media circus driving things?

Why would a recruit bother going to that school instead of any other nonchildrapetainted school? This is central Pennsylvania, not Los Angelas. Why endure potential bans when you can just play somewhere else?

Why should the Big 10 bother with a nonprofitable school that sponsers don't want to sponser?
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                              If you want to counter with, "you mean to say that people will magically think of Penn State as racist U because the white leadership failed to protect the victims who happened to be black?"

I would say yes. Give it time and two long and drawn out trials. I don't think that there is a lawyer in the world who could prevent Penn State from appearing as "old, out of touch, racists". It wouldn't even take any effort from the prosecutor, just basic perception.
                              I don't think you have any idea how most Americans view race. At all.

Lawyers don't even have to say it, but people will think it. People will ask, "why wasn't more done." What answer will they have? "We didn't think it was that bad?" So it isn't bad to have a kid be raped in the shower? Why isn't it bad for this kid to be raped? ....Out of touch, old boy racists.
                              Nobody is viewing this as an issue of race. I haven't even heard that the kids were black.

Why would a recruit bother going to that school instead of any other nonchildrapetainted school? This is central Pennsylvania, not Los Angelas. Why endure potential bans when you can just play somewhere else?
                              Because it's still a premier football program. This will undoubtedly hurt them. It should hurt them. But it's not going to render them to be a Rutgers-level program. Recruits are going to go to Penn State for the same reason they always would: to be a part of a huge program in a major conference, to play in front of 100,000 fans, to get good coaching, and to play in the NFL. I honestly don't think many of them will think about whether or not a kid was molested at that school, and you are the only person on earth that I'm aware of that has said anything about race.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I have heard people bring up race. But they aren't legitimate journalists. They are the people who bring up race every time no matter what.

Bortlezzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information