Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Conference Expansion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You guys are seeing what I say, but are not listening or thinking it through enough. Plus you are frankly baited into taking an easy race argument.

    I wasn't focusing on what individuals can read of the story and view it through rational lenses and determine on their own if a story is racist or not. This is a watercooler story that will be passed down at the office and will be interpreted by the same mob that currently thinks that Fred is funny and thinks that MTV reality shows are what real life is supposed to be like.

    And I'm 27 year old 50/50 White/Native in Middle America. I can speak for quite a bit of America.

    *And when I was saying "thinking it through". I mean a long the lines of how much Penn State will be impacted by this. Say "Barack Obama". Plenty of people in America think of "Black President" than just "President".
    Last edited by Prowler; 12-05-2011, 04:53 PM. Reason: *
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

    Prowler's Newb Guide

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Prowler View Post
      You guys are seeing what I say, but are not listening or thinking it through enough. Plus you are frankly baited into taking an easy race argument.

      I wasn't focusing on what individuals can read of the story and view it through rational lenses and determine on their own if a story is racist or not. This is a watercooler story that will be passed down at the office and will be interpreted by the same mob that currently thinks that Fred is funny and thinks that MTV reality shows are what real life is supposed to be like.

      And I'm 27 year old 50/50 White/Native in Middle America. I can speak for quite a bit of America.

      *And when I was saying "thinking it through". I mean a long the lines of how much Penn State will be impacted by this. Say "Barack Obama". Plenty of people in America think of "Black President" than just "President".
      I'm sorry, but I'm not going to allow someone who thinks that "along" is written "a long" to question my thinking process.

      You're just really off-base, but that will only be proven through time. Wait it out.


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • Grammar is for losers
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

        Prowler's Newb Guide

        Comment


        • CBS' Brett McMurphy: BREAKING: Sources tell @CBSSports Big East will add Boise, San Diego St, Houston, UCF, SMU Wed. Will join league in 2013

          Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

          Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

          Comment


          • Man, that just kills the MWC and CUSA.


            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Man, that just kills the MWC and CUSA.
              Not to mention the ridiculousness of the big EAST adding a school that is in a city that is LITERALLY on the west coast... touches the ******* pacific ocean...

              I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
              BK sig is straight sex
              THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
              Baltimore Ravens
              Cleveland Cavaliers
              Cleveland Indians
              Chelsea FC
              Originally posted by keylime_5
              Miller is visual sex on the field.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
                Not to mention the ridiculousness of the big EAST adding a school that is in a city that is LITERALLY on the west coast... touches the ******* pacific ocean...
                Maybe they can just go official with the name "Big Least".

                Comment


                • It'll be interesting to see if this will be enough to keep an automatic BCS bid with the Big East. Not exactly how that process works, but that's still a pretty weak conference.

                  Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                  Comment


                  • I'm not defending the move but an argument could be made the Big East football conference got much better adding those teams and losing Pitt and Syracuse. I still hate it though and am still wishing someone invited us already.
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                      CBS' Brett McMurphy: BREAKING: Sources tell @CBSSports Big East will add Boise, San Diego St, Houston, UCF, SMU Wed. Will join league in 2013
                      After this last debacle I am happy to see this happening. Prior to the BCS mess that left both TCU and Boise St out in the cold I was totally opposed to a team from Idaho or California is in the Big East but now I could care less. For a conference that was in panic mode with Pitt and Syracuse leaving this is a pretty nice consolation prize. Boise is one of the premiere teams in the country, SDSU has been solid, Houston was poised to be a BCS buster this season and has a prolific offense (but Sumlin's potential departure hurts them), UCF is a solid program w/ a win over an SEC team last bowl season and SMU also provides an exciting offense (again assuming June Jones sticks around).

                      It's a roll of the dice especially with both June Jones and Sumlin rumored to be leaving for the Az St and A&M jobs respectively but the Big East got the crown jewel in Boise. They expanded the conference and actually added teams.

                      The system is broken and now Boise is going to do the smart thing and join the an automatic qualifying conference. The system currently in place has led to this IMO.

                      It will be nice to have both Boise St (Big East) and TCU (Big 12) in automatic qualifying conferences.

                      Comment


                      • With all these schools entering in 2013, does that make it pretty likely teams like Pitt and WVU will be out sooner than the 2014 they talked about before.

                        I definitely like the expansion though. Surprised the Big East seems like it pulled this one together after it appeared they were all but dead.

                        Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                        Comment


                        • Keep on eye on Big 12 expansion. That was a big topic during their last meeting. All indications seem to be that Cincinnati and Louisville are going to be offered sometime soon.

                          Also something to think about - the Big 12 likely got screwed by not having a conference championship game this year.

                          Hypothetically, if they would have twelve teams with Oklahoma State in the South division (OSU, OU, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor) they would have played the champion of the North division (Kansas State out of a division of KSU, KU, WVU, Louisville, Cincy, ISU).

                          If OSU would have defeated Kansas State in a conference championship game to finish 12-1 they likely would have jumped Alabama. Hard to envision them not jumping Bama after having defeated OU then KSU.

                          That also could have propelled Baylor into a Sugar Bowl game vs Michigan. How difficult would it have been to sell RGIII vs Denard Robinson? Tickets would've been a hot commodity.

                          So, and very hypothetically, the Big 12 screwed themselves out of 17 million by not having a conference championship game. Not to mention the money they would've earned by having a CCG in Jerry World with K-State vs Okie State.

                          Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                          Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

                          Comment


                          • Air Force is considering staying the Mountain West
                            http://www.gazette.com/sports/expand...marinatto.html

                            If AFA doesn't go to the Big East then it's unlikely that Navy goes to the Big East and the conference still doesn't have 12 teams.

                            I've heard Temple is being considered if AFA doesn't join but all the Owls do is off-set Navy joining based on geography.

                            I'd invite Tulsa then Temple.

                            Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                            Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

                            Comment


                            • NEW YORK – With the Mountain West and Conference USA losing at least five members to the Big East, those two leagues are now looking at an all-sports merger instead of a full-scale football expansion as originally planned, sources told CBSSports.com.

                              Conference USA and the Mountain West initially planned to combine into a separate football-only league with between 20 and 24 members and conducted an Oct. 15 press conference to announce the news. The winners from C-USA and the Mountain West would meet in a playoff with, they hoped, the winner earning a BCS bowl berth.

                              http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssport...32522/33745889

                              Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                              Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                                Keep on eye on Big 12 expansion. That was a big topic during their last meeting. All indications seem to be that Cincinnati and Louisville are going to be offered sometime soon.

                                Also something to think about - the Big 12 likely got screwed by not having a conference championship game this year.

                                Hypothetically, if they would have twelve teams with Oklahoma State in the South division (OSU, OU, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor) they would have played the champion of the North division (Kansas State out of a division of KSU, KU, WVU, Louisville, Cincy, ISU).

                                If OSU would have defeated Kansas State in a conference championship game to finish 12-1 they likely would have jumped Alabama. Hard to envision them not jumping Bama after having defeated OU then KSU.

                                That also could have propelled Baylor into a Sugar Bowl game vs Michigan. How difficult would it have been to sell RGIII vs Denard Robinson? Tickets would've been a hot commodity.

                                So, and very hypothetically, the Big 12 screwed themselves out of 17 million by not having a conference championship game. Not to mention the money they would've earned by having a CCG in Jerry World with K-State vs Okie State.
                                I agree, it really cost the Big 12 $$$ and position in the polls by canceling their league playoff game. Wrong year to do it.

                                As for the Big East, they'll have a East Division and a West Division so traveled will be controlled and if time has shown anything, it's that recruiting for the new teams will pick up considerably now that they are in a BCS conference. It wasn't too long ago that Cincinnati and Louisville played in the Missouri Valley conference and now they have a place in the Big 12.
                                Also, didn't Utah play in the Mountain West, yet finished in 2nd place in the Pac 12 North Division in year one. Just maybe, the major conferences aren't as far ahead of these schools as they would like you to believe.
                                And proud of it!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information