Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACC boards talking about why Maryand would ever leave? ACC is only on the up and up with ND.

Can't figure out that its all about the money. Baltimore and DC to the Big Ten Network would be great.

I don't want to be at an odd number again, get another team. And anytime the Big Ten needs a team ill dream of Notre Dame.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• with the new buyouts getting out of the acc aint easy though

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
        with the new buyouts getting out of the acc aint easy though
        ACC would have tremendous difficulty enforcing the entire buyout.

Comment

• Yeah that's what I'm hearing as well. Basically, these things will go to arbitration, and the cost will likely be something closer to 15-20 million.

I'm still waiting to hear confirmation from any legitimate source.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ce-sources-say

Holy **** ESPN reporting!!!! Please happen.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Most Big Ten fans are against this, not surprisingly.

Maryland fans seem to be mixed, but that's mostly because they care about stupid sports that involve sticks and nets and ponies and stuff (seriously, the east coast is lame).

Rutgers fans are obviously in favor of anything that gets them out of the Big East.

Comment

• Everyone reporting this now!!!!!!!! I don't know why Big 10 fans are against this? We're both very similar schools to what is already there. You against this BF?
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Everyone reporting this now!!!!!!!! I don't know why Big 10 fans are against this? We're both very similar schools to what is already there. You against this BF?
                  Sorry, but no you aren't. In football, Rutgers is an average Big Ten school at best. In basketball you're a doormat.

Maryland is the same with the sports reversed.

This is about nothing but tv money, which I get, but still don't like. At least the academics of Rutgers and Maryland are solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Sorry, but no you aren't. In football, Rutgers is an average Big Ten school at best. In basketball you're a doormat.

Maryland is the same with the sports reversed.

This is about nothing but tv money, which I get, but still don't like. At least the academics of Rutgers and Maryland are solid.
                    I meant academically. Regardless both schools are on the same level as the bottom to middle of Big 10 schools in football. It adds a huge amount of numbers on the East Coast and will bring more money if this is really going down.

Our basketball team is not that good right now but like football we can get it going. We had a great class and if we joint the Big 10 it's going to add more exposure which will only help.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• we weren't exactly a doormat in basketball in the big east, not sure how we'd be one in the big 10.

and with big 10 football schools this year, we'd be one of the best. our history blows in all aspects if you're one of those tradition weenies. our academics are more than solid too
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                        we weren't exactly a doormat in basketball in the big east, not sure how we'd be one in the big 10.

and with big 10 football schools this year, we'd be one of the best. our history blows in all aspects if you're one of those tradition weenies. our academics are more than solid too
                        Even this year, arguably the worst in many years, I'd put Rutgers below OSU, Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin, and probably Penn State.

The Big East is really, really bad.

Comment

• But I would be happy for Rutgers fans, because you are nice people, and you aren't from the South.

Comment

• Thank you BF.

I do think we could beat Penn State, and 2 of those other schools this year though.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              But I would be happy for Rutgers fans, because you are nice people, and you aren't from the South.
                              I can accept this. I'll just defend our D because it can keep us in any game, regardless of opposition talent. Louisville and our potential bowl game will be real indicators of our team.

I think this move for the big 10 with us would be about the future. Rutgers is on the rise in both football and basketball with a top notch AD and 2 young, energetic and marketable coaches. And the whole NY media coverage. It'd be a HUGE step for us and our program
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                                I can accept this. I'll just defend our D because it can keep us in any game, regardless of opposition talent. Louisville and our potential bowl game will be real indicators of our team.

I think this move for the big 10 with us would be about the future. Rutgers is on the rise in both football and basketball with a top notch AD and 2 young, energetic and marketable coaches. And the whole NY media coverage. It'd be a HUGE step for us and our program
                                And we already recruit better than half of the Big 10 schools so could you imagine how much better it could get.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information