Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some possible moves to happen? Would any of the southern ACC teams go to the SEC? Like Clemson, GT or Miami?

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoGiants! View Post
      What are some possible moves to happen? Would any of the southern ACC teams go to the SEC? Like Clemson, GT or Miami?
      The SEC is going to respond at some point and it stands to reason they will go after either the Big East or ACC and the ACC makes more sense from a geographic standpoint and quality of football programs, whether it's Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, etc.

Texas A&M could be a possibility, but I'm not sure I see it... I think they are gonna end up in the PAC-10

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
        Seriously, where does Kansas go? The Mountain West???

Kansas' Basketball program is too good for the MWC... lol. The PAC10 doesn't seem interested and neither does the Big 10. The SEC makes no sense. Neither does the Big East or ACC.
        I agree with you, but basketball is alot different from football. A team doesn't have to be in a major conference to win a title. Memphis was a Mario Chalmers miracle 3 pointer from being a National Champion in a terrible conference. The basketball schedule allows for alot of preseason tournaments and non-conference games agianst other top 25 teams to prove your value.

Comment

I think the best spot for Kansas is the SEC. Good for basketball and football. Kentucky is there. That seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I think the best spot for Kansas is the SEC. Good for basketball and football. Kentucky is there. That seems to work.
            It could work, especially if the SEC is interested in Missouri, however, I think the SEC wants football powers and would rather go after teams like Florida State, Miami, and Virginia Tech over the Jayhawks and Tigers.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

What is next for Missouri? It seems they were one of the 1st teams rumored to be moving out of the big 12. Either those were just false rumors or Mike Alden dragged his feet and missed out on an opportunity to help Missouri athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                It could work, especially if the SEC is interested in Missouri, however, I think the SEC wants football powers and would rather go after teams like Florida State, Miami, and Virginia Tech over the Jayhawks and Tigers.
                I am starting to think that UNC is either staying in the ACC if it can not let a bunch of teams go and don't go after teams etc.. The only move we could make is Big East? Correct?
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

All this is crazy. I knew there was going to be some conference reshuffling but I didn't expect the changes to be this drastic. Oklahoma going to the Pac-10 is huge and its looking like Texas is about to follow. Too bad USC is going to on the down for the next few years because that would be some ridiculous competition on top of the conference.

Question....If the Pac-10 expands to 16 teams, will they have some sort of conference playoff or will they just have championship game to determine who will go to the Rose Bowl.

Comment

Championship game only probably. I guess the winner would go to BCS Championship game while the loser probably goes to Rose Bowl.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think this reshuffling is awesome. Can't wait to see the new Pac 16. Should produce some epic games.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Does anybody else know who the MWC gave an invitation too? Or are they just adding Boise now?
                        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                        Coples is that dude.
                        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                          What is next for Missouri? It seems they were one of the 1st teams rumored to be moving out of the big 12. Either those were just false rumors or Mike Alden dragged his feet and missed out on an opportunity to help Missouri athletics.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens but before all is said and done they will land on thier feet. There are two major markets in the state and half the sports journalist in the world seem to come from Mizzou. If that leads to the Big 10 in the future or somewhere else is hard to tell but I imagine when everyone decides to get to 16 teams things will fall into place for Mizzou and Kansas as well.

Comment

Pac-10 prob ends adding, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Baylor but if they could somehow get Utah I think that would be a huge addition

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              Pac-10 prob ends adding, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Baylor but if they could somehow get Utah I think that would be a huge addition
                              http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....92f8114a.html

If the Aggies cannot commit, the Pac-10 is prepared to invite Kansas with its great basketball tradition. While the Jayhawks are desperate to find a landing spot, they would have to leave in-state rival Kansas State, a political problem.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                                Does anybody else know who the MWC gave an invitation too? Or are they just adding Boise now?
                                The MWC is waiting to see where everyone lands. The only invitation they extended was to Boise State.

Also, The Big East is looking to be pro-active with conference realignment and are discussing the possibility of adding the five remaining Big XII schools (Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Missouri, and Baylor) along with possibly Memphis, UCF, and one more school being added to form a 16 team Big East.

http://news.collegesportsinfo.com/20...tive-this.html

At this point, I think the Big East will wait and see what the Big 10 and SEC decide to do before acting. If somehow Notre Dame decides not to move to the Big 10 and they instead grab 2 Big East schools and in turn the SEC raids the ACC and chooses three to four schools (Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Miami, Florida State) or three ACC schools and one Big East school (West Virginia) then there could be a possible consolidation of the Big East and ACC.

In the event that Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech go to the SEC and the Big Ten grabs Rutgers and Pittsburgh (all teams listed are being used just for the sake of argument) then the following Big Atlantic Conference would look as such:

North
                                Boston College
                                Cincinnati
                                Connecticut
                                Louisville
                                Maryland
                                Syracuse
                                West Virginia

South
                                Clemson
                                Duke
                                NC State
                                North Carolina
                                South Florida
                                Virginia
                                Wake Forest

Adding two of the three schools (East Carolina, Memphis, or UCF) would give the Big Atlantic a 16 team conference like the other Big 3 conferences have done.

This is just speculation on my part and something fun to talk about.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information