Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to ESPN, Texas is the SEC's #1 choice but will settle for TAMU. They do want Oklahoma and Mike Slive will make his case to the school's president. As an SEC fan, it makes too much sense to have Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State in the SEC. If they could get then they could re-work the TV deal.

You would still get OU/TX, UGA/FL, AL/LSU every year plus TX/LSU, OU/LSU, TX/AL, OU/AL, TX/FL, OU/FL, etc... That's ridiculous. It would also reunite those four schools with Arkansas from the old Southwest Conference.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
      You'll still watch, I'll still watch, everyone will still watch. They will still get the 10 mill.

NFL teams do it, other college sports do it, and heck even football teams travel a lot (BC down to FSU? OSU to USC? etc). It's not as big an issue for the players as it is made out to be. Annoyance? For sure. But it won't lower the level of play.
      NFL teams don't have to study for exams either. A texas team having to travel to Cali then to another place, back to oregon and back and so forth. **** gets tiresome.

also these are awesome shirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
        I'd much rather OU and A&M go to SEC. OU/UT would still play an annual OOC game as they did before the Big 12 like JoeJoeBrown said.
        Good lord, OU in the SEC would be fantastic. OU playing Bama, LSU, Arkansas, etc. every year, on top of rotating against UF and UGA is a great thing to think about.

A&M has their problems and will eventually get out of their terrible slide. Overall, the SEC would be even better, which is a sick thought. The top 6 teams would be killers row.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          According to ESPN, Texas is the SEC's #1 choice but will settle for TAMU. They do want Oklahoma and Mike Slive will make his case to the school's president. As an SEC fan, it makes too much sense to have Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State in the SEC. If they could get then they could re-work the TV deal.

You would still get OU/TX, UGA/FL, AL/LSU every year plus TX/LSU, OU/LSU, TX/AL, OU/AL, TX/FL, OU/FL, etc... That's ridiculous. It would also reunite those four schools with Arkansas from the old Southwest Conference.
          That would be a sick conference.

I just don't think UT wants to deal with the SEC for either academics or for competition.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5279018

Mountain West has it's eyes on KU, KSU, and Missouri. Adding two of those three teams would be incredible for the conference as a whole especially for basketball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5279963

SEC covets Texas and Oklahoma but do not see either as realistic options. Kansas would like an SEC invite if the Pac10 gets the six Big XII teams to move to their conference, however, the SEC does not seem primed to invite KU nor does it want to raid the ACC for teams like Georgia Tech, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, or Virginia Tech.

The five Big XII schools that would be left in the cold had a conference call where they expressed their desires to hold the Big XII together as a 10 team conference or to expand by adding 2-6 teams.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts on if the Big XII were to stay together is that they would have to target universities like Utah, BYU, Boise State, New Mexico, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Tulsa, etc... Basically the best of the Mountain West and the top of C-USA Western division.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Joe Schad said that if Texas A&M goes to the SEC, the Pac-10 errr, Pac-11 will be targetting Utah.

Comment

• MWC and Pac 10 are gonna abosrb the big xii and i can see the acc and big ten eating up the big east. I see there being 5 16 team super conferences looking something like this:

Big 10: illinios, indiana, penn st, ohio st, iowa, purdue, michigan, michigan st, northwestern, wisconsin, nebraska, missouri, rutgers, syracuse, notre dame

Pac 10: arizona, arizona st, cal, oregon, oregon st, stanford, usc, ucla, washington, washington st, colorado, texas, oklahoma, ok st, texas tech, texas AM

MWC: Baylor, Iowa st, K state, Air force, byu, colorado st, new mexico, tcu, nevada, unlv, utah, boise st, houston, utep, fresno, hawaii

SEC: Alabama, arkansas, auburn, florida, georgia, kentucky, lsu, ole miss, miss st, south carolina, tennessee, vandy, west virgina, kansas, louisville, south florida

ACC: BC, clemson, duke, florida st, gt, maryland, miami, unc, nc st, uva, va tech, wake forest, uconn, pitt, cincinatti, ECU
                Big Blue Wrecking Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by giant73zuma View Post
                  MWC and Pac 10 are gonna abosrb the big xii and i can see the acc and big ten eating up the big east. I see there being 5 16 team super conferences looking something like this:

Big 10: illinios, indiana, penn st, ohio st, iowa, purdue, michigan, michigan st, northwestern, wisconsin, nebraska, missouri, rutgers, syracuse, notre dame

Pac 10: arizona, arizona st, cal, oregon, oregon st, stanford, usc, ucla, washington, washington st, colorado, texas, oklahoma, ok st, texas tech, texas AM

MWC: Baylor, Iowa st, K state, Air force, byu, colorado st, new mexico, tcu, nevada, unlv, utah, boise st, houston, utep, fresno, hawaii

SEC: Alabama, arkansas, auburn, florida, georgia, kentucky, lsu, ole miss, miss st, south carolina, tennessee, vandy, west virgina, kansas, louisville, south florida

ACC: BC, clemson, duke, florida st, gt, maryland, miami, unc, nc st, uva, va tech, wake forest, uconn, pitt, cincinatti, ECU
                  Couple things need changes around:

1. Missouri is going to the Mountain West, along with Kansas more than likely.

2. A&M looks to be headed to the SEC.

3. Mountain West doesn't want Baylor, so you won't see that happen.

4. I think Pitt is much more likely for a Big Ten move than ACC move.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• I want Pitt in the Big Ten, but I think their best fit is the ACC. Everyones been saying that the Big Ten doesn't want them anyway because they dont add a tv market.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                      I want Pitt in the Big Ten, but I think their best fit is the ACC. Everyones been saying that the Big Ten doesn't want them anyway because they dont add a tv market.
                      There have at least been talks with them for the Big Ten, so we'll see. It does depend on what the Pac-10 does. If they go to 16, the Big Ten may look to follow and out of the Big East teams, Pitt has to be a Top four choice.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• being a uconn guy i am more concerned with the implications of losing the big east basketball tradition. would prefer to have a couple more big east bball powers going to the acc if thats where we're headed.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                          Couple things need changes around:

1. Missouri is going to the Mountain West, along with Kansas more than likely.

2. A&M looks to be headed to the SEC.

3. Mountain West doesn't want Baylor, so you won't see that happen.

4. I think Pitt is much more likely for a Big Ten move than ACC move.
                          MWC doesn't want Baylor but I see them taking in Baylor, if not I see Baylor and a lot of teams that are unwanted in the C-USA which in turn makes them into a superconference too.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5279018

Mountain West has it's eyes on KU, KSU, and Missouri. Adding two of those three teams would be incredible for the conference as a whole especially for basketball.

WTF, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I can see how that would be good for the conference with the recognition but if KU and Mizzou joined lets say.. that would be terrible, every year Self would have a conference title at least try and bring in another big time program to compete. Dumb Dumb Dumb.
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by ESPNDallas
                              TCU released a statement late Saturday from athletic director Chris Del Conte refuting a newspaper report Saturday in which sources said TCU would attempt to block Baylor from a possible move to the Mountain West Conference. Here's the statement:
                              "Contrary to a published report, TCU would not lobby against another institution possibly seeking membership in the Mountain West Conference. TCU would support any addition our Mountain West Conference partners believe strengthens our league. The Mountain West Conference is a great home to TCU and we are excited about what the future holds for our league."
                              http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colle...s-can-co-exist

Comment

• Looks like the rumor is that the 5 Big Twelve teams that may be left out of the Pac 10 are looking to reconstruct the Big 12 due to the new TV deal. Some candidates include, TCU, BYU, Utah, and Air Force.

But then again why not just all join the MWC? It would basically end up as the same confrence unless Baylor is excluded because of bad blood between TCU and Baylor?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information