Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
    12)
    Should be a fine group, especially if Rowe plays up to his potential as a pass rusher. The linebackers are solid led by Paysinger and Matthews, they got good speed. The defensive backs should be good, Harris will be a star at corner, and Boyett is an experienced young safety. If they fill a few more holes they could be a solid defense.
    DE Rowe
    DT Bair
    DT
    DE
    OLB Paysinger
    ILB Matthews
    OLB
    CB C. Harris
    CB Jackson
    SS Boyett
    FS
    Good to see people are starting to recognize what we're doing defensively. Most people aren't yet aware that we've gone to a mostly one gap 3-4 look with a lot of zone blitzing. Basically a cross between what Dallas and Pittsburgh run.

Boyett is at FS, btw. We moved Eddie Pleasant to SS.

Here's our projected two deep:

DE Rowe/Irvin
    DT Bair/Heimuli
    DT Clark/Keliikipi
    DE Turner/Jordan
    OLB Paysinger/Clay
    ILB Matthews/Littlejohn
    OLB Kaddu/Lokombo
    CB Jackson/Gildon
    CB Harris/Mitchell
    SS Pleasant/Johnson
    FS Boyett/Lewis

Like I said though we are running a base 3-4 so you will often see Rowe or Jordan with their hand off the ground or a 4th LB such as Lokombo or Clay. We're going to be putting a lot of heat on QB's this year, but at the same time there are going to be exploitable holes in the gut of our defense. Once again the team most likely to beat us is probably Stanford.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Their secondary looks like **** this year.

I would not be surprised if Ohio State ranks as the top defense in the country this year. Their depth is sickening.
      When doesn't Penn State's secondary look like ****?

The PSU corners have a lot of potential, though.

Comment

Are you kidding? Armstrong was supposed to be the second coming, obviously he was nothing amazing last year. Nicolas at a time was supposed to be a great safety, or considered to be potentially. Reid supposedly is this next great one in line. Telemaque at least came out of no where so guess he had no expectations to live up too, but now he will for this up coming season. That is just this years roster, but odd there are a lot of them, will see what happens, hopefully they can get another great one in there.
        So 3 Freshman didn't live up to their potential? And Telemaque was a 4* recruit most everyone knew about him

Comment

Telemaque is gonna be 1st rounder in coming years. put that in the bank

Comment

9)
            Linebacker is the only group without real stars, have fast linebackers but Jeffery is the only really talented one. They have a lot of solid players and if they pick up their game they could be just great. Good defensive line led by Matthews and Ajiboye, Taylor should be a fine player as well. The defensive backs are outstanding, Gilmore is one of the best corners and Culliver is one of the best safeties, they have great depth at those positions as well. Potentially they could be one of the best defenses in the SEC and that is saying a lot.
            DE Matthews
            DT Ajiboye
            DT Robertson
            DE Taylor
            OLB Jeffery
            ILB Paulk
            OLB S. Wilson
            CB Gilmore
            CB Auguste, Whitlock
            SS Holloman
            FS Culliver
            Paulk is a more than solid linebacker. Possibly All-SEC player. Shaq Wilson is tackling machine. Jeffery plays SPUR, which isn't a linebacker spot, but close enough.

Culliver could be one of the best safeties, but he has clearly chosen not to. Sometimes he's down right horrible.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

I'm excited as hell about Ohio State's front 7. That group is so talented and deep it's amazing.

The secondary worried me a little bit simply due to lack of experience, but there are some talented players back there as well. As long as we get a consistent pass rush, and we will with that group, the defense will be great.

I am scared of playing Harris and Miami though. Fast QBs always give the Buckeyes problems.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Smooth Criminal I am scared of playing Harris and Miami though. Fast QBs always give the Buckeyes problems.
                Harris is not a running quarterback for Miami at all really. He is quite a talented passer. It is not like they are playing Robert Griffin here or Michael Vick, let us be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                  I'm excited as hell about Ohio State's front 7. That group is so talented and deep it's amazing.

The secondary worried me a little bit simply due to lack of experience, but there are some talented players back there as well. As long as we get a consistent pass rush, and we will with that group, the defense will be great.

I am scared of playing Harris and Miami though. Fast QBs always give the Buckeyes problems.
                  Harris isn't fast. Black=/=fast.

Comment

Assuming he's good to go, I wouldnt sleep on Rodney Paulk. He's a real talent. As for Shaq, he should excel in his new role, given a lot more blitzing opportunities. I'm liking the LB core...a little on the light side, but I think they'll surprise.

And just an FYI...Culliver is a corner now. Auguste was moved to FS.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

Assuming he's good to go, I wouldnt sleep on Rodney Paulk. He's a real talent. As for Shaq, he should excel in his new role, given a lot more blitzing opportunities. I'm liking the LB core...a little on the light side, but I think they'll surprise.

And just an FYI...Culliver is a corner now. Auguste was moved to FS.
                      I saw that in Sporting News, I thought it was a roster error.

Why did they do that? Culliver was a fine safety, what do they really hate Auguste at corner? They also had Whitlock as well, kind of an odd move to me, why move your best safety to corner, not like they have tons of safeties but maybe Hollman improved from last year, I hope. Anyway hopefully this is finally their year as a team to be successful and actually contend. It is about time and they have no excuse now!

Comment

Culliver should be a tremendous corner he has all the physical tools and didn't quite have the smarts for safety I've heard

Comment

If you like watching CB play, tune in Alabama at LSU on November 6th.

Peterson for the Bayou Bengals + Dre Kirkpatrick & Milliner, both freshmen, from Bama.

Everybody will throw at those 2 Tide frosh out there (til they get burned often enough or the Tide pass rush obliterates their QBs) but both of them were #1-ranked corners coming out of HS, & Milliner ran a 4.24 40 in Gadsden HS. Patrick Peterson might look bored by that latter p/o the season, he's a consensus 1st team AA & it looks like he's head & shoulders over all other CBs for the 2011 draft, so teams will avoid him like an airborne bubonic plague virus & throw away from him & at Claiborne on the other side.

Comment

UNC-LSU will be great. Little vs. Pat Pete and Toliver vs. Burney.

Comment

How close did Pittsburgh come to making your list?

The only players they lost whom were significant contributors were DT Mick Williams and CB Aaron Berry. Theyv'e improved at every other position.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                                UNC-LSU will be great. Little vs. Pat Pete and Toliver vs. Burney.
                                That O-Line vs D-Line battle is gonna be the story of the game, IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information