Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something may be very wrong with Joe-Pa....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You also said "he's still a good coach." That's a hard thing to prove since he hasn't coached.....probably since 04.

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight View Post
      Oh no. Who will intentionally mispronounce the latest technology in press conferences now?
      I know this is a serious thread, but this thread actually made me laugh out loud at the office right now.

Comment

You also said "he's still a good coach." That's a hard thing to prove since he hasn't coached.....probably since 04.
        You're being generous. Probably the first time (and make it the last! :)) time that you've ever been generous to Penn State.

Comment

I know I said that. He's a good head coach in what he brings to the University. That's what I meant in my original post as I clarified later in the post that he's not for football only. As a figurehead "head coach" he's good. Xs and Os and all of the other actual football-related, on the field, stuff he hasn't done anything even before his injury a few years back.

He's simply a good reason to recruit, rile up the student section during rallies, a mythical type of person in terms of longevity and still synonymous with PSU football. It's the same thing Harry Kalas was to the Phillies baseball. As he aged, he wasn't too sharp with his broadcasting but you really can't let him go. He was still a good "broadcaster" in the sense of the title and existing in such capacity.
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            Also, the local hospital has been put on standby. My police source said that when Paterno was in the hospital last for a minor surgery (on his leg or something...) over a dozen staff members looked into his medical file just to check out his history and some leaked it...leading to several people being fired for a violation of the hippo.
            Haha. Pretty sure its HIPAA. And god I hope this is untrue.

/at least until school starts. I wanna be there for the ensuing 2-week wake.

Penn State Dolphins Dodgers Wolves FC

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
              I know I said that. He's a good head coach in what he brings to the University. That's what I meant in my original post as I clarified later in the post that he's not for football only. As a figurehead "head coach" he's good. Xs and Os and all of the other actual football-related, on the field, stuff he hasn't done anything even before his injury a few years back.

He's simply a good reason to recruit, rile up the student section during rallies, a mythical type of person in terms of longevity and still synonymous with PSU football. It's the same thing Harry Kalas was to the Phillies baseball. As he aged, he wasn't too sharp with his broadcasting but you really can't let him go. He was still a good "broadcaster" in the sense of the title and existing in such capacity.
              That's not a coach. That's a mascot.

Comment

For God's sake, the man is 83. He can't coach anymore. Just replace him.

Comment

That's not a coach. That's a mascot.
                  Hahahahahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by thechad31790 View Post
                    Haha. Pretty sure its HIPAA. And god I hope this is untrue.
                    Idk...I just shortened Hippocratic Oath. Close enough I say.

Comment

no, it's not the hippocratic oath, it's the HIPAA, which deals with patient confidentiality.

but thanks for the downlow.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                        For God's sake, the man is 83. He can't coach anymore. Just replace him.
                        And what exactly would that do? Make the program better? No.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                          And what exactly would that do? Make the program better? No.
                          i bet you were saying that in 2003 too...

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information