UNC Football under investigation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Besides, if Blake was actually paying them under the table to pay for UNC... well, I'm pretty sure the NCAA makes trucks of money under those kids who study, work and practice like idiots for nothing.
    So this means that Blake is allowed to break the rules that the NCAA has in place? I'm in favor of college players getting paid, but your argument is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      They make it because they're better teams (...)
      Wait, wait, wait.

Last season, Boise State, TCU and Cincy all had the same record as Alabama and Texas. So tell me why they didn't get a shot at the national title?

Oh, yeah, let's see: it's because they're Texas and Alabama. They have tradition in this thing. The NCAA doesn't want their sport ruined by teams like them winning their titles.

And since the NCAA knows what happens in their business, and they know UNC's football program is growing a reputation in an abnormal state, as far as being called potential contenders for the following season, they're now punishing us. And they're using the silliest of the reasons for that: the excess of talent in our defense.

All they're doing is protecting their sweetheart schools from the 'threat' of a potential powerhouse coming from the ACC (or any other conference not named SEC/Big 12/Big Ten). That's why Boise and TCU are getting screwed for straight years. That's why Utah was screwed some years ago.

Ladies and gentlemen, in case you haven't noticed it yet... it's a conspiracy. All a damn conspiracy.

Comment

Wait, wait, wait.

Last season, Boise State, TCU and Cincy all had the same record as Alabama and Texas. So tell me why they didn't get a shot at the national title?
        Because of two reasons.

1. They weren't as good.
        2. Their schedule was easier.

All they're doing is protecting their sweetheart schools from the 'threat' of a potential powerhouse coming from the ACC.
        Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
        "awesome program" lmao. I didnt know 20-18 (11-13) in the turd Atlantic Coast Conference was something to brag about but ok.
        Ladies and gentlemen, in case you haven't noticed it yet... it's a conspiracy. All a damn conspiracy.
        Signed,

The USC Trojans.

It's a conspiracy to screw the teams that aren't following the rules.

Comment

1. They weren't as good.
          What makes you think that? The only way to prove that is on the football field. And yeah, I'm pretty sure Boise could beat 'Bama last year.

And what makes me pissed off to the top is that everybody thinks that Little, Austin, Carter, Sturdivant, Deunta and Burney stayed at UNC for their senior seasons because UNC paid them for that. Yeah, so they don't have the right to stick around and spend one more year in college? Is that against the rules? Well, why don't you go investigate UW about Locker's return, seeing that he was a clear-cut Top 5 pick this year?
          Last edited by RealityCheck; 07-17-2010, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Friggin' USC just got slammed. I don't see how this would be the NCAA picking on the little guy or certain conferences.

What did Austin say when he was bragging about it?
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

What makes you think that? The only way to prove that is on the football field. And yeah, I'm pretty sure Boise could beat 'Bama last year.
              I'm pretty sure this ranks up there with your Mangini over Belichick comment in terms of sheer idiocy.

Alabama had...

No. 2 scoring defense in the country
              No. 2 rushing defense in the country
              No. 10 passing defense in the country
              No. 12 rushing offense in the country

Alabama would have skull****** Boise.
              Last edited by njx9; 07-20-2010, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this ranks up there with your Mangini over Belichick comment in terms of sheer idiocy.

Alabama had...

No. 2 scoring defense in the country
                No. 2 rushing defense in the country
                No. 10 passing defense in the country
                No. 12 rushing offense in the country

Alabama would have skullfucked Boise.
                And Boise had the best QB in the nation alongside a powerful offensive corp and an extremely solid defense as well.

Dude, never say that "Team A would have beaten Team B". Remember, your own team suffered an unpredictable loss some years ago... to Appalachian State.

Comment

And Boise had the best QB in the nation
                  LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL .

alongside a powerful offensive corp and an extremely solid defense as well.
                  Yeah, that powerful offense really did a lot against the two non-****** teams that they faced. 19 against Oregon and 17 against TCU.

Alabama put up 34 against Virginia Tech, 24 against LSU, 22 against Ole Miss, 20 against South Carolina, 32 against Florida (!), and 37 against Texas. That team was disgusting.
                  Last edited by Sniper; 07-17-2010, 08:38 PM.

Comment

College football players are never going to be paid, because schools do not want to pay the rowing team, gymnastics, or any other non revenue sports' athletes in accordance with Title IX. All it would do is kill those sports, so basically the only sports that would exist would be football, basketball, a few top programs in other sports, and however many girls' sports are necessary to appease Title IX.

College players getting paid is against the rules at USC, UNC, or anywhere else.

UNC is not being targeted. The NCAA didn't conspire to kill Florida State or Miami at the height of their power coming from the ACC or Big East respectively. This argument is nothing but bitter whining at this point.

I'm sorry your school has never been much at football outside of sending a few tremendous players to the NFL and the second they are on the verge of being decent, they get hammered for cheating, but it's hardly uncommon for programs that come out of seemingly nowhere to do it this way; ask West Virginia and Oregon.

This was never going to be sustained success for UNC anyway as Butch Davis will be leaving sooner than later for the conference you despise so much - the SEC. UNC getting hit for sanctions will only serve to speed up that process

Comment

Alright, Sniper, we'll remain this productive conversation whenever you find one QB who was better than Moore the entire season.

Comment

Alright, Sniper, we'll remain this productive conversation whenever you find one QB who was better than Moore the entire season.
                        I don't know about that, but Kellen Moore is a heckuva QB and Boise State is going to beat Virginia Tech because they have the best coach in the country and 21 of 22 starters coming back.

Comment

Colt McCoy. There. Imagine if he had to face the competition that Moore faced? He could have had 45 touchdowns.

We can continue the rest of this discussion when you remove your head from UNC's collective ass and/or when you realize the enormous stupidity of your Mangini/Belichick comment. Until then, welcome to my ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            I don't know about that, but Kellen Moore is a heckuva QB and Boise State is going to beat Virginia Tech because they have the best coach in the country and 21 of 22 starters coming back.
                            People always want to hop on the nuts of a young coach from a ****** conference as the best coach in the country. Give me a ******* break. He's not on Urban Meyer's level. He's not on Nick Saban's level. There are probably at least five coaches better than Petersen.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              Is that sarcasm?

Comment

People always want to hop on the nuts of a young coach from a ****** conference as the best coach in the country. Give me a ******* break. He's not on Urban Meyer's level. He's not on Nick Saban's level. There are probably at least five coaches better than Petersen.
                                Saban and Meyer have 5 star recruits falling all over themselves to come play for them and granted, they are great coaches that know how to win with them and have national titles to prove it. I'm all for giving Meyer his props... afterall, he's another of the great Ohio coaches.

What level of recruits are coming to Boise State? And what is Peterson able to do with them? They just keep winning against everyone who is willing to play them and 2 BCS games.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information