Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Is that sarcasm?
    Not at all... I think Virginia Tech is in for a world of hurt against the Broncos and Boise State may finally be able to get in the BCS Title game this year

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
      Saban and Meyer have 5 star recruits falling all over themselves to come play for them and granted, they are great coaches that know how to win with them and have national titles to prove it. I'm all for giving Meyer his props... afterall, he's another of the great Ohio coaches.
      Meyer won at literally every single place he's coached at. Saban was able to make Michigan State respectable. No small feat.

What level of recruits are coming to Boise State? And what is Peterson able to do with them? They just keep winning against everyone who is willing to play them and 2 BCS games.
      They beat bad teams. Wow, super impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Meyer won at literally every single place he's coached at. Saban was able to make Michigan State respectable. No small feat.
        And I agree, they are tremendous coaches, but Michigan State being respectable and making a MAC school competitive isn't quite the same as Boise State being a National Title contender. Chris Petersen still needs to get some jewelry, but he's a great coach and there's no reason to believe if he were to leave Boise for a bigger school, he wouldn't lead them to dominance the same way that Meyer and Saban have.
        Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        They beat bad teams. Wow, super impressive.
        49-4 against almost anyone is impresive and he led his Broncos to victories over Oklahoma and a TCU team that personally, I think would have taken Texas apart, but that's a matter of opinion on my part.

Comment

I wonder if realitycheck realizes that all football programs cheat, its just the big time programs cheat better. SMU can't afford to give dudes houses like USC, or give them jobs where they don't work but get paid like OU, or give them cars like OSU

...and I am a Buckeye fan

www.blackmetalink.com
          VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND

Comment

USC wasn't the one who gave Bush a house. They just weren't strict enough with keeping agents and other handlers like them from having contact with USC players. Those were the guys who were giving things to Bush and Mayo.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
              USC wasn't the one who gave Bush a house. They just weren't strict enough with keeping agents and other handlers like them from having contact with USC players. Those were the guys who were giving things to Bush and Mayo.
              The school knows about it. They have plausible deniability, but they know. A coach knows everything that goes on inside their program. Players can't keep their mouths shut on top of the fact that coaches have guys on their staffs and on their roster that keep tabs on the team.

Preventing **** like this is virtually impossible, but they certainly know after it's happened. Hell, with the stuff Reggie Bush was doing, you'd have to be a moron not to know.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                The school knows about it. They have plausible deniability, but they know. A coach knows everything that goes on inside their program. Players can't keep their mouths shut on top of the fact that coaches have guys on their staffs and on their roster that keep tabs on the team.

Preventing **** like this is virtually impossible, but they certainly know after it's happened. Hell, with the stuff Reggie Bush was doing, you'd have to be a moron not to know.
                True. Just sayin' it wasn't as if a USC booster wrote out a check for Bush to cash.

But yeah, if USC had done some more self-punishment, the NCAA probably wouldn't have hit them so hard. Maybe they'll get off with a reduced punishment after submitting an appeal, but I'm not sure it happens after their "deny, deny, deny" approach. Their compliance dept. isn't very... well, compliant. Even Lane Kiffin pointed out that Tennessee's compliance dept. was too forthcoming - and this is at a villainous SEC school. ;)
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Fact of life: When you are one of the top 15 teams in the country (or the best team over the last 10 years), you're going to get skull-****** when you get caught cheating. All Pete Carroll had to do was see what happened to his former NFL team... but he was probably too busy banging that grad student.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

Where are all the skullfucking references coming from?!
                    Last edited by TitanHope; 07-18-2010, 12:47 AM. Reason: Poot
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

This thread, delivers.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                        This thread, delivers.
                        For sure. RealityCheck at his absolute finest here. The ultimate rendition of "that guy".

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

If this is True then that Crazy. I think only Marvin would have been a Frist Round Pick and a late one at that. UNC have a shot at the BCS NC because of Defense. Will this effect Recruting, what does Clowney think of this ?

Comment

I know I wasn't the only one expecting Reality Check to come in here banging his keyboard full of keyboard rage as soon as I saw the thread was about UNC. At least I'm not surprised.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I would like to say I am confident that nothing will happen but I'm not lol. Its getting to the point where it is a steriod era type thing and you don't know who is next. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvin got a bunch of money and **** I just don't want it to be true, and if its multiple players that mean our season is most likely ******.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                                and if its multiple players that mean our season is most likely ******.
                                not just this season, you'd likely face long-term sanctions.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information