Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Top 10 college team will drop out of the top 10 first this football season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
    that's more like it

Phil Steele's predictions are interesting btw. Oklahoma #1? Oklahoma hasn't been that good of a bet to win anything since 2000 even when they have had great teams who were definitely supposed to go undefeated in the regular season. This year I think it's more likely they lose 3 games than they even make the title game. Lot of people still giving Oregon love despite losing their QB, but I guess their backup QB isn't bad.
    lol what? In 2000 we started off the season ranked 19, the first time we were ranked in like 5 years. We came out of nowhere. We definitely weren't a team to bet on.

I also agree OU shouldn't be #1, however.
    Last edited by nrk; 07-20-2010, 05:20 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      That reason being that it would be TOTALLY AWESOME!

Make it happen, 'Canes.
      you're doing it wrong. how can you talk crap to VTech fans if the Big Ten loses to the ACC?

Comment

Originally posted by nrk View Post
        lol what? In 2000 we started off the season ranked 19, the first time we were ranked in like 5 years. We came out of nowhere. We definitely weren't a team to bet on.

I also agree OU shouldn't be #1, however.
        that's why I said since 2000, not "other than 2000." Point being that ever since their national title they have disappointed in big game.s

Comment

First of all Phil Steele isssssssssss...? OU at 1 is melting my brain but if someone was to drop out of that top 10, my first thought looking at everybodys first couple games was Boise will be out only because they play week 1. I really don't see the U winning at the shoe. On another note I think Oregon loses in week 2 at Tennessee.
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
          Coples is that dude.
          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

that's why I said since 2000, not "other than 2000." Point being that ever since their national title they have disappointed in big game.s
            I guess you missed my point.

You said:
            hasn't been that good of a bet to win anything since 2000
            You implied we were a good bet in 2000 when we won, when we were far from it.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
              Virginia Tech is a yearly dissapointment and Boise State with Chris Petersen leading them are going to start VTech with yet another season at 0-1
              Yearly dissapointment? That would be Ohio State :)

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

that's more like it

Phil Steele's predictions are interesting btw. Oklahoma #1? Oklahoma hasn't been that good of a bet to win anything since 2000 even when they have had great teams who were definitely supposed to go undefeated in the regular season. This year I think it's more likely they lose 3 games than they even make the title game. Lot of people still giving Oregon love despite losing their QB, but I guess their backup QB isn't bad.
                I bought the Steele mag too. Amazing how he spends most of the ink on self promoting his past good teams/rising teams predictions from 5 ******* yrs. ago. He's been a d-bag for yrs. now.

About Oklahoma, they got lost in all the hoopla about the Big 12 breaking up. They have excellent recruiting & a potent offense, lost a lot of talent but reloaded. I think they will be a BCS contender if they beat Texas in October, they play Fla. St. on Sept. 11, the rest of their schedule is pretty wussy.

Maybe Steele is basing his #1 prediction on the fact they don't play Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                  Yearly dissapointment? That would be Ohio State :)
                  Ohio State as disappointment? Since Jim Tressel became the coach, Ohio state has averaged over 10 wins and 6.5 conference wins per season. They won a national championship. They have been to two others. They have won 6 conference championships, including 5 in a row. They have been to a bowl every season, including 7 BCS games.

Can you name a team that wouldn't switch resumes with Ohio State over the same period? Maybe Florida and LSU, because they have multiple championships. Maybe USC, but probably not now that they are on probation. Other than that, there isn't another team that can match what Ohio State has done this decade.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                  Bortlezzzzzzz
                  Originally posted by Monomach
                  Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

That is why there is a smiley face in there sir... I just found it funny how he called VT that when VT is one of 3 teams with 10 wins or more the past 6 season. Not to mention they have won the ACC title 3 times since being invited into the league. Oh yeah they have also won an Orange Bowl and lost a Sugar & Orange Bowl as well. So pretty much all they need is a National Title and things will be golden. And I poked fun at how they had lost 3 straight BCS games until beating Oregon this past season.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                      That is why there is a smiley face in there sir... I just found it funny how he called VT that when VT is one of 3 teams with 10 wins or more the past 6 season. Not to mention they have won the ACC title 3 times since being invited into the league. Oh yeah they have also won an Orange Bowl and lost a Sugar & Orange Bowl as well. So pretty much all they need is a National Title and things will be golden. And I poked fun at how they had lost 3 straight BCS games until beating Oregon this past season.
                      The only thing golden about VT is the shower Michael Vick gave to a bunch of dog corpses.

Comment

Maybe Alabama, their defense won't be the same without Dareus this yr. -- he was declared ineligible by the NCAA earlier today. Dareus was one of only 3 experienced players on that defense & is a consensus 1st team All American.

I hoping they win his appeal with the NCAA, he didn't sign anything but was at the party, Austin allegedly signed something or took something from an agent of value as a clear violation, if so scratch UNC but they weren't in the top 10 list. The Marvin Austin investigation is ongoing & I feel sure he will get the boot too.....
                        Last edited by LizardState; 07-23-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I'll go with VT, Boise is very talented and has tons of experience and will be ready to play. VT's going to have to hope they can pound it all day, Tyrod can do some things but he just doesn't put you at ease watching him back there.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            The Marvin Austin investigation is ongoing & I feel sure he will get the boot too.....
                            UNC without Austin is still UNC.
                            Bama without Dareus is... nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
                              Which college football team will be the first to drop out of the top 10 this season?
                              Texas. I want to believe.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information