Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tavon Austin for WVU.

Comment

Pitt is definitely the team to beat. I think they have the best shot to win the conference with Cinci and WVU right behind them. I like Rutgers but I agree they are probably a year away, they can still play a major role as a potential spoiler.

Guys I like to break out for WVU, Pat Miller, CB, Bradley Starks, WR, Julian Miller, DE, Tavon Austin, RB.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Who's ranked number 1 again?

:D:D:D

Comment

The best kicker in the world will lead USF to the Big East title.

<3

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/colle...icle810933.ece
          Hell of a story.
          Last edited by RealityCheck; 07-28-2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Kwilk did you see IMAC is going to be wearing #5? I kind of wish they retired his number since he was probably the greatest WVU player ever but I think it would be cool if they kinda made that the famous number for special players now. Hopefully he can do the number proud like Pat did.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
              Kwilk did you see IMAC is going to be wearing #5? I kind of wish they retired his number since he was probably the greatest WVU player ever but I think it would be cool if they kinda made that the famous number for special players now. Hopefully he can do the number proud like Pat did.
              me to, but i think they are gonna be using it as a special number from now on

loved jojck and jt thomas' comments at media day; great to have our swag back

and wvu should be favored over pitt; we return 18 starters (10 on defense)

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

<333333 Jon Baldwin

Comment

Alot of info regarding Pitt, from Dave Wannstedt's Training Camp opening press-conference...

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sp...080610aab.html

Comment

Do you Pitt fans really feel confident that you're going to roll through the Big East this year? I think you were a unanimous vote by the coaches to win the Big East but while you're good I can see you stumbling. The BE is always up for grabs so I think it'll be interesting this year.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Who's gonna start at QB for Pitt?

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                        Part of my point that they're not just going to run roughshod over the whole conference.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Sunseri will start at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                            RS Sophomore Tino Sunseri. He, by nearly all reports, outplayed Bill Stull last Spring and Wannstedt only started Stull because of his Sr. experience.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Do you Pitt fans really feel confident that you're going to roll through the Big East this year? I think you were a unanimous vote by the coaches to win the Big East but while you're good I can see you stumbling. The BE is always up for grabs so I think it'll be interesting this year.
                            I'll never be the guy that thinks any team can simply roll to a conference title. Pitt did receive all but 2 votes (1 Cincinnati and 1 West Virginia) but pre-season polls mean absolutely NOTHING.

Pitt's success will largely depend on a couple of things.

1. Tino Sunseri's big-play ability.
                            I'm confident he can "manage the game" but in order to achieve top-notch success he will have to make plays on his own at times. Will he? That will be seen, but he has the talent to do so.

2. Interior O-Line.
                            Big question mark at Center as Alex Karabin is a 5th year Senior without a career start. Jack Lippert is the heir-apparent at the position but he is only a RS Frosh who is a converted 4-Star DE.

3. Depth in the Secondary.
                            Pitt lost both starting CB's (Aaron Berry, Jovani Chappell) to graduation and an impressive SS (Elijah Fields) dismissed from the team. Antwaun Reed looks stellar as a CB but question marks surround the youth that will play along with him.

4. Was OC's Frank Cignetti's play-calling a fluke?
                            Cignetti was masterful last season in his first stint as Pitt's OC. He found gems in previously unknowns Dion Lewis and Dorin Dickerson. Is it a sign of things to come, or will he have a "sophomore slump?"

5. The "Wannstedt Factor"
                            Coach Dave Wannstedt has a history of getting very conservative at times. In my opinion, it was this conservative nature that cost Pitt in all of its losses last season. If he keeps his meddling in the offense limited, I see more success.

Overall, in my opinion, Pitt is the "paper champion" entering the season. They need to prove it on the field. Their running game (RB's Dion Lewis and Ray Graham, OL Jason Pinkston, Lucas Nix, Chris Jacobson and Greg Gaskins) should accumulate yards easily. The WR's (Baldwin, Mike Shanahan, Devin Street) should be able to make plays. The defensive front-7 may be one of the best in the entire country and I forsee alot of difficulty for opposing offenses.

If they play consistently and limit their mistakes there's little reason they shouldn't be confident entering every game they play this season.
                            Last edited by phlysac; 08-07-2010, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Very good post. I agree that they are definitely favorites right now but as I said I can also see them having some trouble. If you had an experienced QB I probably wouldn't be saying this as it would be very difficult to try and stop Baldwin and Lewis when it came time. You're non-conference games should give us a very good like at what kind of team us fellow Big East fans will be looking at.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Very good post. I agree that they are definitely favorites right now but as I said I can also see them having some trouble. If you had an experienced QB I probably wouldn't be saying this as it would be very difficult to try and stop Baldwin and Lewis when it came time. You're non-conference games should give us a very good like at what kind of team us fellow Big East fans will be looking at.
                                And I can't boast about what the team looks like on paper until they prove to me they can consistently win the games they are supposed to (Bowling Green 2008, NC State/WVU 2009)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information