No announcement yet.

2010-11 Big East Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the Big East is going to take some hits based on the first week. Very unimpressive all around.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
      Overall, I was rather pleased with what West Virginia did today. I'll have to go back and rewatch the game, as I was watching from the end zone and didn't have a great view of things. Defense was pretty good; Hogan and Sands stood out. Would like to see more of a pass rush. Offense was hot and cold. I think the OL has some work to do. Geno looked solid for his first start, Devine was Devine but needs to protect the ball a bit better. Hopefully we see a bit more downfield passing as the season progresses. That strike to Will Johnson was a thing of beauty, but I'm not sure I remember another big throw through the air.
      i think once mccartney gets playing time geno will go downfield more

he was open once downfield but geno threw it too long; on the next play he was open, but he hit jock for a td

it is nice to have jock, austin, and devine as your checkdowns though

devine is pretty surehanded; not sure what the problem was

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

The days pass by and my odds for Rutgers winning the BE grow.

Comment

I do agree Sunseri is taking too much blame but the playcalling does have to do with your personnel. It went to show that the coaching staff wasn't very comfortable with Sunseri going through the air until they desperately needed him to. That's what I got out of it. The pick at the end just solidified that. What an awful throw.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            I do agree Sunseri is taking too much blame but the playcalling does have to do with your personnel. It went to show that the coaching staff wasn't very comfortable with Sunseri going through the air until they desperately needed him to. That's what I got out of it. The pick at the end just solidified that. What an awful throw.
            Perhaps a bit, but The Stache has historically been ultra conservative. He did it last year even when Stull was having a tremendous season.

And its not just the playcalling but the creativity of it. It's one thing to only call 2 or 3 different run plays but to only throw the ball once on 1st down in the first 50 minutes of the game (the 1st play of the game) doesn't make sense. Feel free to keep the throws manageable but switch it up a bit.

Comment

WVU cornerback Brandon Hogan charged with a DUI...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...e=NCFHeadlines

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                WVU cornerback Brandon Hogan charged with a DUI...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...e=NCFHeadlines
                AKA hes outta here. Can't say I'm surprised but this is going to be a big loss as he was our best CB and arguably the best in the conference.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

I think I speak for all of us when I say: our whole conference kinda looks like ****.
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Yes Scotty. I'm very upset at some of the things we had to endure on Saturday. Rutgers will be terrible if a lot of stuff doesn't change in the next 2 weeks.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                      AKA hes outta here. Can't say I'm surprised but this is going to be a big loss as he was our best CB and arguably the best in the conference.
                      According to Stewart, Hogan will be suspended indefinitely but will rejoin the team "whem I deem fit."

Brodrick Jenkins, Pat Miller and Brantwon Bowser will compete to replace Hogan in the starting line-up at cornerback. Tavon Austin and J.D. Woods look to be the front-runners to replace BH on return duties.

Comment

$ Scout

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...2f1002503.html

Former Michigan DE/Guido Anthony LaLota is transferring to Rutgers.

Comment

The last 4 star Michigan recruit that transferred from Michigan to Rutgers quit on us. Hopefully Lalota won't do the same. What was the word on him at Michigan Sniper?
                          Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 09-15-2010, 04:18 PM.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            The last 4 star Michigan recruit that transferred from Michigan to Rutgers quit on us. Hopefully Lalota won't do the same. What was the word on him at Michigan Sniper?
                            Well, he's supposedly very raw. He couldn't crack the two-deep and was behind a true freshman, a walk-on (although the walk-on tore his ACL in spring practice and is out for the year, so LaLota was obviously behind him before the injury), and a slew of other no-namers. He'd be a good fit in a 3-4, though. Don't expect him to contribute for another year after the transfer.

Comment

I don't think Hogan will be kicked off the team but he will miss some time for sure.

Comment

I've read OL might be in his future.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information