No announcement yet.

2010-11 Big East Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just may be the worst year of Big East football.

Comment

Yeah it's really bad TJ. Unless these teams start picking it up we're going to hear more and more talk about the Big East losing their automatic BCS spot.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Cincy's O-line is bad. Collaros can't do anything because of it. No run game. Their defense isn't anything special.

WVU - LSU is going to be ugly.

Comment

Wait I just noticed this did you just start going to WV?
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            Wait I just noticed this did you just start going to WV?
            Yeah, this year.

Comment

We really need Hogan back. These blown coverages are really costing us in what has been an otherwise solid game. Those two big plays and a bad play call/throw by Sanders is what's keeping Maryland alive.
              Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi; 09-18-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

UCONN goes down to Temple. The Big East is beyond awful.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                  UCONN goes down to Temple. The Big East is beyond awful.
                  Temple has been on the up and up but that's no excuse.

Comment

Wish we had 1 more game before LSU but Geno looks like he has this offense ready. If we have less than two turnovers I like our chances. The Big East really needs this win not just us.

O and if Hogan is allowed to play, I'm not so sure I'll be okay with it.
                    Last edited by 703SKINS202; 09-21-2010, 06:57 PM.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

The Big East plays a lot of quality opponents this week so we can really stack up and see how awful we are.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

...sooooo, how 'bout those Panthers? Eeek.

Comment

Everyone is terrible. You guys should run away with the conference.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Everyone is terrible. You guys should run away with the conference.
                            Not so sure about that one.

Tough loss tonight for the Mountaineers. Special teams may have been the biggest factor - two missed field goals and a punt return touchdown allowed. That's a 13-point swing right there.

Offensively, Geno didn't look like he was bothered by the road atmosphere, but something about his throws didn't seem quite as accurate and I think it had more to do with the step up in competition. The turnovers were killer - 10 LSU points off of turnovers - and the offense really struggled to move the ball at times. Devine being dinged up certainly didn't help.

Defensively, I thought West Virginia played pretty well. LSU helped them out at times, but I think the breakdowns on defense were more to do with simply being on the field as much as they were. I feel like the pass rush is improved in 2010 and I like the play of the secondary for the most part. It'll be interesting to see what kind of PR backlash Stewart gets from starting Hogan tonight. It's understandable how an outside observer could conclude that it was a decision based on wins and not principle, so we'll see where that goes.

The one biggest positive for tonight, IMO, is that this team hung in there despite trailing 17-0 early in the game. It would have been easy to just throw in the towel and let LSU dominate the night, but West Virginia remained composed and made a game of it, albeit with some help from LSU miscues. I like the fighter's mentality, but poor play on special teams and mistakes on offense were too big to overcome.

Comment

Didn't get to see the Cincinnati/Louisville game last night, but it looked like it was pretty close there for a while. Bilal Powell with a second 200-yard 2-TD game in as many weeks, but it wasn't enough to overcome the Bearcats.

WVU didn't have a whole lot of trouble against South Florida, but I would have liked to see more efficiency out of the offense. Kind of been a problem at times throughout the season; they look unstoppable on one drive then have a couple three-and-outs that make you scratch your head. The development of the passing game with Geno Smith certainly has to have BE teams rethinking how to defend the Mountaineers, though. And that defense looks studly.

Looking forward to today's Pitt/Syracuse game. This is the first chance I'll get to really sit down and watch Syracuse for a whole contest, and it'll be interesting to see if they're somewhat legit or if their record is a mirage from having beaten Akron, Maine, and Colgate. With Pitt's only wins this season coming against New Hampshire and FIU, they have just as much to prove today. Anxious to see who comes out on top.

Comment

That was a tough one. Syracuse's D played a hell of a game though and they deserved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information