No announcement yet.

2010-11 Big East Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syracuse's D showed up and had a plan for shutting down the Mountaineer offense, and WVU did not have a response. Geno had arguably the worst game of his short college career. The offensive line did not play well, and this has been a theme for a while now. Can this coaching staff make the necessary adjustments and get them playing to their potential? Remains to be seen.

Comment

Well now that was just awful. I don't really consider myself a "knee jerk" kind of guy, but with back to back losses to Syracuse and UConn, I have to wonder if Bill Stewart is back in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
        Well now that was just awful. I don't really consider myself a "knee jerk" kind of guy, but with back to back losses to Syracuse and UConn, I have to wonder if Bill Stewart is back in 2011.
        Let's hope the **** not.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
        12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

What are everyone's thoughts on the potential Big East expansion?

Comment

TCU would save the conference, I think it's necessary at this point. Villanova's program has respectively been on the rise as well and they look to be a top candidate along with UCF.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

What a mess this is. Anyone who wants to take a shot at breaking down all the different scenarios be my guest. Go Huskies!

Comment

It's basically a three-team race between Pitt, WVU, and UConn.

If Pitt wins out, they're BE champs.

If WVU wins out, they need a UConn loss to be BE champs.

If UConn wins out, they need a Pitt loss to be BE champs.

I don't think 'Cuse is completely eliminated, but I think they would have to win out, Pitt and UConn would both have to lose their final two, and WVU would have to lose one more. Kind of slim.

I could be wrong, though.

Comment

Go UConn. Jordan Todman is just way too awesome. It's too bad the coaching staff is running him into the ground. Although I guess you can't blame them when Zach Frazer is your QB.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

WVU pulls a Dwayne Johnson and lays the smackdown on Pitt in the Backyard Brawl, now let's hope for Cincy or USF to help us out!

Comment

• Well, congrats UConn.

Looks like WVU is likely headed to Champs Sports to play NC State.

Brian Bennett, who does the ESPN Big East blog, predicts the rest will fall out like this: USF to Meineke, Pitt to BBVA Compass and Louisville to Beef.
                      Last edited by NGSeiler; 12-05-2010, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• so what does everyone think of the bowl situation???

Comment

• Can't complain really, wish we were playing a more high profile team than NC State but it will be a great game. I hope Devine is fully healthy by then because I would really love to see him bust one one more time.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• I'm thinking the Cuse is gonna have a hard time with K State. I love UConn in the Fiesta Bowl though. For one thing the BE makes a habit of going in and upsetting teams in the BCS. The X Factor is the UConn defense. Kendall Reyes is an absolute stud at DT and can change the momentum of a game in any number of ways. 2 ints...for a DT. Constant penetration and disruption up front. And they're loaded with good young DBs like Junior, Bledi-Wreh and Taylor Mack. Of course you've got Lawrence Wilson and Scott Lutrus too...name brand guys. And that massive offensive line should be able to give Todman and Frey room to run. Picking UConn here...

Comment

• Names being circulated around the "Burgh as possible candidates to replace Wannstedt...

Dana Holgorsen - Offensive Coordinator - Oklahoma State
                              Tom Bradley - Defensive Coordinator - Penn State
                              Mike Leach - Former Head Coach - Texas Tech
                              Al Golden - Head Coach - Temple
                              Mark Stoops - Defensive Coordinator - Florida State
                              Teryl Austin - Defensive Coordinator - Florida
                              Paul Rhoads - Head Coach - Iowa State
                              Kevin Sumlin - Head Coach - Houston
                              Bronco Mendenhall - Head Coach - BYU
                              Todd Graham - Head Coach - Tulsa
                              Brady Hoke - Head Coach - San Diego State
                              Paul Chryst - Offensive Coordinator - Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information