2010-11 Big East Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-11 Big East Thread

Let's go boys and girls, there are plenty of us Big East fans here, so let's get some discussions going! I'm pumped for this season, and believe Rutgers actually has a shot at taking the BE crown this year (although next year is probably more likely, as we're an extremely young team). Savage to Sanu will make you all cry. But let's get some real discussions going, let's talk pre-season all big east teams, ask questions (and answer them) about other BE teams. This year, I don't know much about the other Big East teams, I'll be honest, except I know Tom Savage is probably the best (and he is the most experienced QB) in the league and that I'm terrified of Dion Lewis...
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Dion Lewis is gonna stud it up and other than the ACC I will watch some big east football. Be prepared for that North Carolina game Scotty you might be turning the tv off a little early.

:D
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
      Dion Lewis is gonna stud it up and other than the ACC I will watch some big east football. Be prepared for that North Carolina game Scotty you might be turning the tv off a little early.

:D
      oh, it will be you turning off your TV!
      you bet your ass I'll be there! season tickets baby! Oh god, I'm pumped for that game, a little scared it's so early in the season, but oh well. YOU'RE GOING DOWN!
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        oh, it will be you turning off your TV!
        you bet your ass I'll be there! season tickets baby! Oh god, I'm pumped for that game, a little scared it's so early in the season, but oh well. YOU'RE GOING DOWN!
        Ha! Id be so pissed especially if we beat LSU and then lose to you bums. Na but honestly you guys as a football team are usually very disciplined and can usually play stout defense so I mean if we win by 3 idc I just want a win. Who on Rutgers can handle the legend of Greg Little?!
        Coples is that dude.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
          Ha! Id be so pissed especially if we beat LSU and then lose to you bums. Na but honestly you guys as a football team are usually very disciplined and can usually play stout defense so I mean if we win by 3 idc I just want a win. Who on Rutgers can handle the legend of Greg Little?!
          on D I think we should be fine. Little's very good haha, but I think our young talent might be able to handle him. we're just such a young team, but I trust in Greg defensively. I'm just VERY worried with a brand new OL against that UNC D...turnovers could kill us. If we get flustered, and Savage becomes a sitting duck back there, we've got 0 chance. But again, we've been one of the best teams in turnover differential, so we'll see what happens. It should be a good game
          We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

I don't think Savage, Sanu and Martinek can handle our D. However, it's gonna be a hell of a game.

While it's the Big East thread, keep an eye on USF RSSo. kicker Maikon Bonani. He's my man.

Comment

i love how this turned into the RU-UNC game thread haha.

i'm not worried one big about our studs and skill position players, I'm worried 100% by our OL. that's what scares me the most. Savage with time, and Sanu will be fine. time is the biggie here, time for Martinek to find holes, how quickly Williams can get outside and time for Savage to throw.
              We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                i love how this turned into the RU-UNC game thread haha.

i'm not worried one big about our studs and skill position players, I'm worried 100% by our OL. that's what scares me the most. Savage with time, and Sanu will be fine. time is the biggie here, time for Martinek to find holes, how quickly Williams can get outside and time for Savage to throw.
                Lol what do you expect me and RC represent as best as we can! O yeah and nobody watches the Big East in football...

Our line is still questionable too but seems like it will be ok from what I have been hearing.. Is Martinek that white RB who bulldozes people?

On another note Pittsburgh is the front runner for the title there and if I have a dark horse it is probably USF?
                Coples is that dude.

Comment

i wouldn't exactly say bulldozes, but yea, he's our white back. I want him to go pro so Rutgers is the only school to ever produce 2 white RB's. We've gone some young speedsters, mainly De'antawn "the rocket" Williams, who I LOVE.

and yea, I'd have to say Pit is the front runner right now, but to be honest, I'd say Rutgers is more a darkhorse than USF. I don't know much about them, but we embarassed them last year and I was not impressed at all really.
                  We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Comment

Who are some of the players you expect to break-out for your respective team?

For Pittsburgh, I predict...

QB - Tino Sunseri
                      RB - Ray Graham
                      WR - Devin Street
                      OG - Chris Jacobson
                      LB - Dan Mason
                      CB - Antwuan Reed
                      S - Jarred Holley

Comment

Collaros and B.J. Daniels are the 2 other young very good QB's in the conference.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          Collaros and B.J. Daniels are the 2 other young very good QB's in the conference.
                          And most national media predict they are the #1 and #2 QBs respectively. I expect Savage and Sunseri to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                            And most national media predict they are the #1 and #2 QBs respectively. I expect Savage and Sunseri to shine.
                            Savage and Daniels put up very similar passing numbers except Daniels can run so he beat him in that department. I'm biased but I really do think Savage is the best and will be the best pro prospect by far.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Can't wait to watch guys like Baldwin, Lewis & Savage.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information